Microsoft rumored to be buying...... [2020-04, 2020-07, 2020-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the FF games still big games ? I feel like it died off in the ps3 era of gaming.

I think the Eidos could be good and dragon quest is pretty big still from what I know.

I am not really a fan of JRPGS myself but more RPGs for the platform could be a good thing
FFVII Remake was the fastest selling PS4 exclusive, although I believe it didn't have the long tail of sales that Spider-Man or God of War had. They probably outsold it, but they are also both first party games.

interesting , i heard a lot of people complain that it was a poor rework of the original and it was woefully neglecting content. Didn't know it sold so well. Thanks for the information
What content was neglected?
I think they mostly added and changed a few things.

It's not gaming, but it is an American company outright owning a Japanese corporation.
This is the point. You have to go back almost two decades find significant acquisitions. FEFTA has been around for 72 years and had three revisions in just the last four years, two last year and one in 2017.

Things have changed. A lot of countries are legitimately worried about the stability of their economies, ring fencing investment in anything related to their CNI and the preservation of their culture. Few counties have lost much as Japan in the last 1975 years and I guess they're particularly sensitive to it which I imagine is in part due to the fact that their culture is so unique and therefore fragile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, they could include all 47 Mac games. :mrgreen:
It's 48. Brreakout and Super Breakout are 2 different games.

FFVII Remake is only about the first third of the original game's story. People were a little upset about it, but obviously not enough to not buy it.

FFVII Remake is only about the first third of the original game's story. People were a little upset about it, but obviously not enough to not buy it.
But it was known that the game was going to be episodic. They didnt exactly cut /remove things. They are in the making.
People knew that.

But it was known that the game was going to be episodic. They didnt exactly cut /remove things. They are in the making. People knew that.

Gamers also don't like to read. It's much easier to not read then blame somebody else. :yep2:

as others have said , they cut the game up and content was lacking in the released portion.

I have to say , I stopped playing FF after part 6 , I did not care for the original FF 7 release and don't actually have an interest in JRPGs. So i'm not very knowledgeable about it. I do have a friend that loves them however and this is what i've picked up from his complaining or praise of diffrent jrpgs.

It's almost like gamers, for all their whinging and complaining, have no conviction at all. :runaway:

I must not be a gamer then. :) I still haven't bought anything off the EA store. I still won't buy anything made by Bioware. It took me over a decade before I stopped boycotting NV products (mostly because I couldn't remember why I started boycotting them in the first place. :p).

Regards,
SB

as others have said , they cut the game up and content was lacking in the released portion.

I have to say , I stopped playing FF after part 6 , I did not care for the original FF 7 release and don't actually have an interest in JRPGs. So i'm not very knowledgeable about it. I do have a friend that loves them however and this is what i've picked up from his complaining or praise of diffrent jrpgs.

In fairness, I think it depends on perspective. The original Final Fantasy 7 is the favourite game of a good friend of mine. He says that the remake is one of his favourite games ever, and that in order to justify the absence of the rest of the game world, they've massively expanded on the Midgar portion i.e what was once an introductory act is now a primary episode.

Personally, the part of Final Fantasy 7 that I loved the most as a child was the moment you escape Midgar and enter into the wider world. All of my fond memories are of that point onwards. For that reason, I've yet to play the remake and I won't be in a hurry to do so until there's an open world.

So it doesn't lack content in absolute terms, but it lacks the specific content that I most desire.

It took me over a decade before I stopped boycotting NV products (mostly because I couldn't remember why I started boycotting them in the first place. :p).

I think I know why(or should I say who). ;) I'm still boycotting them. Not hard to do when I don't have to buy PCs or graphics cards. :)

Tommy McClain

I finished the FF7 Remake knowing this was the first part of the game. For the first segment that it covers, I didnt find missing elements. I found almost all content up to that point of the story plus changes plus more which includes some mindblowing meta touches.
So I am not sure what consists of "lacking". It is not like SquareEnix promised a whole game and then surprised us by giving us just one segment.
I didnt find complains over missing content but some mixed opinions about the additions and changes.

I must not be a gamer then. :) I still haven't bought anything off the EA store. I still won't buy anything made by Bioware. It took me over a decade before I stopped boycotting NV products (mostly because I couldn't remember why I started boycotting them in the first place. :p).

Regards,
SB
I'm going to speculate that you were boycotting NV products because they modified the output of benchmarks via drivers to give them better results when ATi was blowing them out of the water during the DirectX 9 transition.

I'm going to speculate that you were boycotting NV products because they modified the output of benchmarks via drivers to give them better results when ATi was blowing them out of the water during the DirectX 9 transition.
last nvidia card i bought was the fx card they did this with. First nvidia card since was the 3080 because i couldn't find a 6800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back