What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What concerns me is the mod seems to require that you own New Vegas and all the dlc's which I dont
Ah, yeah I had the GOTY (or whatever) versions of both FO3 and FONV, which IIRC the Tale of Two Wastelands also requires.

In-between CP2077 and replaying Control.

I really want to play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, but for some odd reason whenever I launch the game it crashes back to the desktop during the mandatory server check update (?) validation screen. I've tried everything from reinstalling it to making sure that every facet of my system is updated. I haven't had a PC game never work or crash in decades. Luckily it was a free digital download with the purchase of my graphics card... but still... :(

CSGO and Dota as per usual then God of War on the PS5. Still need to play the new Spider-man too.

Work keeping me busy and relax time for me atm is completing Broken Fang on CSGO(Wednesday and Thursday) with spurts of DOTA 2 in between till late at night and watching old movies I enjoyed on the weekend sprinkled with series I like that I am watching e.g. American Gods/WandaVision/Snowpiercer etc. Haven't been gaming much on the PS5 but the new 1.35 patch will change that this weekend me thinks.

Last edited:
Appliance installation, a RT/SVR experience! Spent a few days getting the dishwasher organized, had to get an NPC to put a new dedicated 20amp outlet in for the sauna I put together in my wife's bedroom, and I got a new microwave in a box in my kitchen and new oven in my garage I gotta get in and the old one out!

I can't believe the realism, just staggering! The game was expensive as hell though!

You got a sauna in the Bedroom? Must be a big bedroom! Doesn't it get humid?
Dry infrared sauna, so no. Bedroom is pretty big with a nice bathroom suite off of it. It's my wife's bedroom, she doesn't like sleeping with the dogs. Picts in the thread about it since I never used a sauna before, I like it though 'specially after being outside in the cold weather. :)

Finally finished pathfinder kingmaker. It's the best possible example how to ruin awesome game towards end. Last 30 hours I wished it was just over and the copy paste and cliches and "just to make it longer" shit kept coming up again and again. And then the glitches feel that much worse like how the kingdom death spiral is irreversible. If the game had been half as long I would have given 9+ for it. Now it turned out to shit I wish to never see again. Such a shame how they didn't realize less is more. God damn, even the bald hill top was same and same and same. I don't think I will play any game from this company again. They have no clue, but they do have functional copy/paste button.

What should I play next? Looking at my library I could start cp2077, prey (+typhon hunter), hitman2, age of wonders: planetfall, stellaris or number of other games. I'm still thinking of postponing cp2077 until later time to allow patches and dlc come in before experiencing it fully. Definitely will play some Noita every now and then but that's not going to be my main game to play.

Any recommendations for good games to grab from steam sales also appreciated. I haven't followed too closely what cool games have come out in recent years. Especially smaller indie(like?) titles like Noita would be fun to try out. VR game suggestions also appreciated. Haven't played much in vr since half life alyx

Prey is a good game (i assume you mean the 2017 version)
The older one was good too be aware they both default to the same install folder with the inevitable consequences.
how about Horizon Zero Dawn, Mad Max, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Outer Worlds, the first 2 of the rebooted Wolfenstein franchise (not the one with the 2 sisters)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider, for vr StarWars Squadrons
How about Spec Ops The Line or Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice if you want something thought provoking

What should I play next? Looking at my library I could start cp2077, prey (+typhon hunter), hitman2, age of wonders: planetfall, stellaris or number of other games. I'm still thinking of postponing cp2077 until later time to allow patches and dlc come in before experiencing it fully. Definitely will play some Noita every now and then but that's not going to be my main game to play.

Any recommendations for good games to grab from steam sales also appreciated. I haven't followed too closely what cool games have come out in recent years. Especially smaller indie(like?) titles like Noita would be fun to try out. VR game suggestions also appreciated. Haven't played much in vr since half life alyx

To echo Davros Mad Max is WELL worth a play. It's a very memorable experience and pretty unique. RDR2 is also an obvious must play. I'd also say the Ori's fall into that catagory.

I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey. It's f*cking awesome. I don't usually spend more than 1-2 hours on a game at a time but I've put a near solid 16 hours into it today and I still want more. Please mod it though, its's completely transformative to the graphics making it pretty much the best looking game I've ever played. And that's including RDR2 which I was floored by (it's probably still a toss up to be fair).

As for CB2077... I tested it on my 1070 a few weeks back and then put it in a box until I have a high end GPU and monitor to play it on. I've never experienced anything even close to as immersive as that club in the street kid intro and I intend to get the maximum impact of the full game when I play it for real. Damn the purchasing situation with GPU's right now :(

My wife and I are playing Valheim. Really enjoying it so far. Survival crafting game with procedurally generated maps. Graphics are very chunky but the effects and aesthetics are outstanding.

Last edited:
Prey feels real good. Such a different experience after playing way too much RPG games. I had a rpg marathon. Played baldurs gate II, divinity original sin2, planescape torment, pathfinder kingmaker and pretty much nothing else for a good while.

I started prey. The beginning at least is very intriguing. Should be fun!

I'll second the vote for Prey and I hope you enjoy it. I found the story line to be pretty interesting (for an FPS anyway.) There are some interesting mechanics in the game which I feel gives it some good replay value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back