CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Then your relatively new to pc gaming.
Really! Which AAA title has been more buggier than CP2077?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cyberpunk+2077+PC+bugs

I can think of only one recently being Fallout 76 which I know also had a lot of bugs but I don't remember them being as numerous as CP2077. Others I can think of. Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem. Even they weren't as buggy as CP2077.

Of the games I can think of, most are online game i.e. FIFA2020, WWE2k20, Anthem etc. and even they weren't as buggy as CP2077 imo.

CP2077 is a stand alone game which should have been released as polished as possible. The state it was released in even on PC is atrocious.

Even the new patch 1.1 brings in a new bug.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-a-cyberpunk-2077-patch-11-game-breaking-bug/
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberp...eaking-bug-cd-projekt-red-offers-a-workaround
https://www.gamepur.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-patch-1-1-fixes-game-breaking-bugs-adds-another-one

Last edited:
I had very few bugs in all 85 hours I've played Cyberpunk on PC. It has done janky behaviors but no less than your average Ubisoft open world game. Even RDR2 had a lot of messed up situations with collisions and NPC behaviors.

Skyrim was very buggy upon release and to this day still contains issues that your standard set of starting community mods fix.

Maybe it's because I went from patch1.06 to 1.11 .. skipped 1.0.

Don't know but 53GB is not funny.

I had something funky happen on my update for console. The update was going on while I was getting in some Gears. A bit later I looked through the update Queue and CP2077 wasn't listed at all in recently updated or to be updated then I went to check Fike Info of the game but it wasn't installed anymore, not on the NVME and not on the external SSDs. So I had to install it all again, all 59.x GB had to be re-download. I've never had anything remotely like this happen before on console. The game just entirely uninstalled itself as it was updating and downloading the patch in the background.

I had something funky happen on my update for console. The update was going on while I was getting in some Gears. A bit later I looked through the update Queue and CP2077 wasn't listed at all in recently updated or to be updated then I went to check Fike Info of the game but it wasn't installed anymore, not on the NVME and not on the external SSDs. So I had to install it all again, all 59.x GB had to be re-download. I've never had anything remotely like this happen before on console. The game just entirely uninstalled itself as it was updating and downloading the patch in the backgrond.

Welcome to the club! You are infected with my bad luck with electronics! Haha

But seriously,

I only ever got that issue on PS4 (don't have x1, steam origin gog epic got no issue like that), and it happens quite often when I have bad internet, but super rare (I think only once) with good internet.

I used to manually download the game PKG files off PSN to my tablet, then fooling my PS4 to download off my tablet instead of doing it the Normal way directly thru psn. To avoid that issue.

this game is the elder's scrolls LOL. The performance fix on github now no longer just do performance fix and add mod support, but also fix bugs that slipped CDPR's QA.

performance trick:

if you have a TV/monitor that doesn't have VRR, but the game able to stay stable between 50-60 fps, but not stable enough to do solid 60 fps. Try setting your display to 50 Hz on windows setting. Then launch CP2077 and set vsync to 50.

my TCL TV turns out have 50hz mode and running it on 50Hz with CP2077 vsync on 50hz works wonders. Can run in high quality, no stuttering. I must use "game mode" tho, as on PC mode the TCL TV have ridiculous amounts of DSE.

Edit:
Turns out some screens even have 40hz or 48hz mode! My windows tablet have it LOL. So those only strong enough for 40-50fps can lock to those refresh rate if supported by their display.

Last edited:
Patch was pretty small on PS4. Still didn't fix my Delamain mission bug. It introduced some (more) UI weirdness.

Edit: Still crashing, but less predictably. New inventory rendering errors. Had what I think was my first crash just playing with my inventory. Can’t recycle my crafted purple EMPs anymore, but can recycle blue incendiaries. Can’t see more than a single mk3 MaxDoc or the time-lapse healer on me, despite crafting several (seeing my components be used in the crafting screen). I should try buying some to see if that’ll fix whatever data structure is sending my crafts to null.

By the way, visit clothing stores! They carry a lot of useful mods. I found an awesome one that grants poison and shock invulnerability, albeit after I had already taken those perks. I still paid $100+k for it in case I decide to respec (itself another $100k...).

The cars really are weird at speed vs when crawling. Cars (not motorcycles) seem to turn correctly at low speed, but not really at high speed. I also had a laugh at being unable to even catch up to, let alone pass, a cheap sports car while driving the 1000hp Bugatti.

I had a hostage rescue mission with “don’t kill anyone” as an optional goal. I put down an unconscious dude I was carrying apparently too close to a fence, heard a snap and failed the objective. Same thing happened again in the same mission. Unyielding terrain.

Patch was pretty small on PS4. Still didn't fix my Delamain mission bug. It introduced some (more) UI weirdness.

Edit: Still crashing, but less predictably. New inventory rendering errors. Had what I think was my first crash just playing with my inventory. Can’t recycle my crafted purple EMPs anymore, but can recycle blue incendiaries. Can’t see more than a single mk3 MaxDoc or the time-lapse healer on me, despite crafting several (seeing my components be used in the crafting screen). I should try buying some to see if that’ll fix whatever data structure is sending my crafts to null.

By the way, visit clothing stores! They carry a lot of useful mods. I found an awesome one that grants poison and shock invulnerability, albeit after I had already taken those perks. I still paid $100+k for it in case I decide to respec (itself another $100k...).

The cars really are weird at speed vs when crawling. Cars (not motorcycles) seem to turn correctly at low speed, but not really at high speed. I also had a laugh at being unable to even catch up to, let alone pass, a cheap sports car while driving the 1000hp Bugatti.

I had a hostage rescue mission with “don’t kill anyone” as an optional goal. I put down an unconscious dude I was carrying apparently too close to a fence, heard a snap and failed the objective. Same thing happened again in the same mission. Unyielding terrain.

i got a mission failed after i kidnapped a person in a car, and some npc shot the car. not hitting me, but killing the kidnapped person, making the mission failed. LOL.

This game sounds like a total bug fest.
I wonder if these problems exist on PC

This game sounds like a total bug fest.
I wonder if these problems exist on PC

I havn't seen those bugs on +200 hours game-time and 3 play-throughs...my patch from 1.10 to 1.11 was 1.2 GB..40 sec DL for 2 minutes install.
It looks to me as the patches get "sliced" into the game files and it indeed goes through all data while patching on PC that is is no clue how they do it on toy-boxes.

Why is that a bug?

The guy was not supposed to be able to be shot. But NPC able to shot him to death.

It seems the flags that make the players can't kill some NPCs only apply for the player. Same with the flag that make player car cannot drive in certain area. NPCs can drive there just fine.

Back