Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2018-2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IO Interactive partnering with Intel on VRS and Ray Tracing for Hitman 3
Together with Intel, we are working to optimize the game for launch and beyond, with updates, tweaks and improvements coming throughout 2021 that will improve the experience of playing on a high-end PC and multi-core CPUs.

These optimizations include enhancing HITMAN 3 for PC players with 8+ core CPUs, for example you’ll be able to spot more crowds in Dubai or experience more complex destructibility in Dartmoor. We’re also introducing Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a technique that allows us to prioritize GPU resources where they have the biggest impact. On top of that, we will also implement Ray Tracing after the launch of the game, later in 2021.
IOI x Intel - IO Interactive

Yeah, this is this year:

Asus-DG1_678x452.jpg

This is 2023 probably and DC only:

Esq-TQhVoAAn4M5

Yeah, this is this year:
This is 2023 probably and DC only:

Esq-TQhVoAAn4M5

Considering the machine it's used in first is supposed to be deployed this year, I doubt it'll be 2023, 2022 maybe ;)

The more relevant part is "can anyone recognize the chips"?
Is that 8x HBM, 16x Compute Chip, 12x or 8x Rambo? That would leave 12 + 4 or 8 + 4 unrecognized in the middle and the two corner chips uncounted for. The corners could be for whatever bus they used to connect several chips?

Considering the machine it's used in first is supposed to be deployed this year, I doubt it'll be 2023, 2022 maybe ;)

The more relevant part is "can anyone recognize the chips"?
Is that 8x HBM, 16x Compute Chip, 12x or 8x Rambo? That would leave 12 + 4 or 8 + 4 unrecognized in the middle and the two corner chips uncounted for. The corners could be for whatever bus they used to connect several chips?

Err, they already announced parts of what they assumed would be ready for Aurora are delayed, and last delay for this chip was back into "late 2021 early 2022" so... I'm not betting it's actually getting set up this year.

So, the Xe-LP DG-1 will only work on very specific OEM machines
https://www.legitreviews.com/intel-...work-with-select-cpus-and-motherboards_225470
The Iris Xe discrete add-in card will be paired with 9th gen (Coffee Lake-S) and 10th gen (Comet Lake-S) Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel(R) B460, H410, B365, and H310C chipset-based motherboards and sold as part of pre-built systems. These motherboards require a special BIOS that supports Intel Iris Xe, so the cards won’t be compatible with other systems.

So it won't work with the upcoming Rocket Lake and doesn't work with Tiger Lake either? Why?

That's a rethorical question really.

Mobile version works with Tiger Lake (and possibly Ice Lake?), desktop is Coffee Lake-refresh and Cascade Lake only. I think Intel has a stock of 80EU GPUs and decided to offer them to OEMs to make some low-end Celeron/Pentium-based PCs "8k ready" (AV1, DP1.4, HDMI 2.1).

Mobile version works with Tiger Lake (and possibly Ice Lake?), desktop is Coffee Lake-refresh and Cascade Lake only. I think Intel has a stock of 80EU GPUs and decided to offer them to OEMs to make some low-end Celeron/Pentium-based PCs "8k ready" (AV1, DP1.4, HDMI 2.1).
Except that it's limited to 9th gen (Coffee Refresh) and 10th gen (Comet) Core, no Pentiums nor Celerons.
I'm guessing they have plenty of old Core stock to be used by OEMs and with these salvage chips they can get dirt cheap solution that allows some basic gaming* and newest media features, something Gen9.x iGPUs lack?

* These should be faster than Tiger Lake Xe-iGPU or AMD integrated, since it's running at higher clocks and has dedicated memory, and those two are already fit for some gaming.

I believe the spokesman meant 9th gen and 10th gen, but not only Core (despite he mentioned Core). Core-only would make even less sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back