CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Lets say, one day, CDPR fixed its performance issues. What if its performance also degrade the more you play the game? so its back to choppy mess.
Folks are used to this with Bethesda games because you can literally move anything in the game to anywhere else in the game and that's a lot of data to keep track off and a lot of dead things to keep track off. Since Skyrim on 360/PS3, Bethesda have instituted harsher data culling policies, e.g. when Skyrim was originally released corpses would persist for weeks/months of in-game time meaning the game had to track a metric ton corpses, their exact positions, their inventories and so on but they changed it so corpses would disappear within a game week I think it was. Likewise, just stop tracking odd things you may just move around the open environment but not put into a container.

There are definitely memory leaks in Cyberpunk which result in slowdown over a play session but once you close the game and restart you should expect performance to be pretty good. If performance is getting worse patch after patch it's probably because of more robust management of data to reduce crashes. Stopping the crashes is going to be their priority, optimising how data is managed will be something they look at after making the game stable.

So I think it will get better. :yep2:

edit: grammar/typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw OOT, rockstar is really on different level, CDPR would need more ridiculous amount of work and maybe a change in management methods to achieve ridiculous details

I commented before that I was surprised that people put CDPR in the AAA category of developers and had some people (not here) freak out on me because of it. But yeah, there are levels to production that CDPR have never achieved, and this isn't to say that they don't make enjoyable games. But this is the type of stuff I'd point at as an example.

I have not (6 hours of 1.1 gameplay) noticed any worse performance degradation than 1.06.
According to VGTech chirurgical comparison (1.06 vs 1.1), framerate on all 4 base consoles improve slightly. About 1 to 3 fps higher fps when there are drops. Some parts are variable but on average the improvements are consistent and identical on all 4 versions.

According to VGTech chirurgical comparison (1.06 vs 1.1), framerate on all 4 base consoles improve slightly. About 1 to 3 fps higher fps when there are drops. Some parts are variable but on average the improvements are consistent and identical on all 4 versions.

Naturally if you keep removing things to render you can improve the median frame rate, but you'll end up with:

There is no more performance too be squeezed out of that hardware without dialing back on something else...surprise, surprise.

Is there a button to hang up on phone calls? I keep getting calls I can't ignore and it screws up my mission dialogues.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game more this play through. I'm not running through the main missions, trying to do all the side ones I didn't even look at before. Just finished the Delamain missions and really got a good chuckle out of it, surprised me!

The game is running better for me still under the 1.1 patch. I'm getting 'tween 45-60fps with very little texture pop or little weirdnesses. I'm impressed with their fixes in this one.

I really do want a skip/end dialogue button though, am I just missing it?

Naturally if you keep removing things to render you can improve the median frame rate, but you'll end up with:

Stupid side note, I bloody loved that game in my teens when it came out on the 2600. I would spend hours daily playing it and thought it was just the bee's nuts for the minimal graphics approach. Didn't even consider at the time they did it do to the limited hardware. ROFL!

No wonder. Btw someone posted a test on YouTube and ssd helped the streaming issues a ton. If you have spare ssd, try installing cyberpunk on it.

Btw,
My uh... What was it called.. Little cousin? Anyway he's a kid still in middle school or something and he complains his PS4 chugging. It seems it was not only cyberpunk that have performance issue. But cyberpunk is one of the most egregious

No wonder. Btw someone posted a test on YouTube and ssd helped the streaming issues a ton. If you have spare ssd, try installing cyberpunk on it.

Btw,
My uh... What was it called.. Little cousin? Anyway he's a kid still in middle school or something and he complains his PS4 chugging. It seems it was not only cyberpunk that have performance issue. But cyberpunk is one of the most egregious

I had a base (launch) model before the PS5 and yes, atleast in multiplat games it was struggeling. The hardware for sure doesnt hold up anymore, and thats kinda been going for a while now. Its not only RDR2. SSD's dont help much in this regard.

Back