AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

It's already not enough to run some games (like Doom Eternal and other idTech shooters) at 4K even without RTRT at highest possible settings

Evidence of the 3070 being unable to run Doom Eternal at 4K max settings?

Nvidia we love you! Nvidiaaaaaaaaaaaa my RTX savior, what would we do without you! I'm just so happy right now *sniff* I need a tissue

Certainly that's better than blind hatred and bitterness :D

I would like to see an examination of game video RAM consumption. Have there been any recent articles that look at this in-depth? It's clear that 4GB is not enough anymore, but I am now wondering how close games are to 8GB.

I suppose I should just run some games and see what the reported VRAM usages look like. ;)

Last edited:
He's not banned and hasn't been for some time now. He had a temporary ban for being unable to contribute to ongoing discussions and turning them into one liner childlike retorts, as you noted further.

I didn't mean to question the motives for the ban. Only that it's a shame that he's not posting anymore, ever since his temporary ban. I think we're observing that he's a pretty legitimate source for high-level specs and volume availability of different parts and he could provide some more insight on what to expect for the next few months.

what to expect for the next few months.
Who dares to summon the devil during the holy week of Pat G finally asssuming the role he should've had back in 2013.
Expect fucking nothing; they've even moved Milan GA to mid-late March which sucks.
A whole lot.
Either way, N22 DT should be March, N21/22 mobile are April, N23 by May and N24 is still MIA. Kinda.
Cezanne + Navi 22/23 being their main target for laptops would also explain why AMD didn't bother all that much with upgrading its now-ancient Vega 8, other than perhaps increasing its clocks even further.
Small correction, CZN + N24 combo will also be sorta existent.

Who dares to summon the devil during the holy week of Pat G finally asssuming the role he should've had back in 2013.
Expect fucking nothing; they've even moved Milan GA to mid-late March which sucks.
A whole lot.
Either way, N22 DT should be March, N21/22 mobile are April, N23 by May and N24 is still MIA. Kinda.

Small correction, CZN + N24 combo will also be sorta existent.
When if ever will Ampere and RDNA 2 GPUs have widespread availability?

When if ever will Ampere and RDNA 2 GPUs have widespread availability?
When cryptoshit crashes and burns again.
Particularly for Nvidia, this time their goods are extra spicy for mining.
AMD is, probably not for a while more given that TGL-H45 had an unfortunate accident of actually missing the perf laptop refresh window and all.

Either way we're in for another DRAM price fixing cycle so lol.
This year is fucked, please be patient and use the stasis chamber till 2022.

I believe Nvidia have mentioned that supply will remain tight through Q1? I can't imagine AMD is in any better position either.

This is NOT a comparison thread. This is not an Nvidia thread. Bans will be issued to those incapable of following discussion participation rules. Good Day!

Thank you. Threads (not just this one) were getting pretty nauseating.

When cryptoshit crashes and burns again.
Particularly for Nvidia, this time their goods are extra spicy for mining.
AMD is, probably not for a while more given that TGL-H45 had an unfortunate accident of actually missing the perf laptop refresh window and all.

Either way we're in for another DRAM price fixing cycle so lol.
This year is fucked, please be patient and use the stasis chamber till 2022.

Any word on the so called "XTX" refreshes for desktop GPUs?

Isn't XTX just a plain 6900xt ?
There were rumours a couple weeks about another XTX SKU. It most likely would've been an overclocked model, and some were hoping that it was a 120 CU part. Given the supply constraints, however, I think the latter is extremely unrealistic.

Back