CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I think I found a crafting exploit if you need rare (blue) item components and a little extra crafting experience. It requires some patience, though. I’m not sure if my tech/crafting level/perks (level 8) are required or just make it more profitable (if you can call it that, given the tedium involved).
Craft a rare char incendiary grenade that takes 1-2 common and uncommon item components. Now disassemble it for 3-5 rare item and upgrade components. Voila, you’ve multiplied and upgraded your components while getting a little crafting xp for it. The patience comes in the crafting, which happens one at a time.

I think I found a crafting exploit if you need rare (blue) item components and a little extra crafting experience. It requires some patience, though. I’m not sure if my tech/crafting level/perks (level 8) are required or just make it more profitable (if you can call it that, given the tedium involved).
Craft a rare char incendiary grenade that takes 1-2 common and uncommon item components. Now disassemble it for 3-5 rare item and upgrade components. Voila, you’ve multiplied and upgraded your components while getting a little crafting xp for it. The patience comes in the crafting, which happens one at a time.

Or you can use the "automat-bug" and duplicate a item...
The easy way to make money of of this is to buy all of the $10 drinks in a vending machine (not food, only works with drinks), disassemble the drinks...and sell the components for a big profit.
That is before you ge tyour hands on the space painting though ;)

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

And some people think that developers are stupid when they said the biggest improvement in current generation console is the SSD. Streaming was THE constraint, Epic said it, ex technical art director of Naughty Dog said it too and James Cooper ex ND and Insominac told it was so much a constraint fast storage will help to reduce crunch.

It will completly change the level design work which was made a difficult task because of streaming constraint.

EDIT:
Same scale down is not working, design the game on PC or a much more powerful hardware and scale down is difficult.

Cross gen is a constraint you design the game around the old generation hardware. At the end they spend so much time to try release the old generation version. They did not release proper current gen consoles version.

Last edited:
And some people think that developers are stupid when they said the biggest improvement in current generation console is the SSD. Streaming was THE constraint, Epic said it, ex technical art director of Naughty Dog said it too and James Cooper ex ND and Insominac told it was so much a constraint fast storage will help to reduce crunch.

Naturally the SSD has to be backed up by solid I/O. People put SSDs in their PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and got mostly marginal improvements in the vast majority of games because even though the SSD's raw throughput was 10-15x faster the rest of the I/O system, which includes the CPU and software stack, wasn't up to the task.

Just shoving in a SSD gets you some improvement but if you want to load Miles Morales in 6-7 seconds from cold, you need do more than shove a fast SSD in there. :yep2:

Naturally the SSD has to be backed up by solid I/O. People put SSDs in their PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and got mostly marginal improvements in the vast majority of games because even though the SSD's raw throughput was 10-15x faster the rest of the I/O system, which includes the CPU and software stack, wasn't up to the task.

Just shoving in a SSD gets you some improvement but if you want to load Miles Morales in 6-7 seconds from cold, you need do more than shove a fast SSD in there. :yep2:

For sure but it is the biggest improvement when games I/O will be designed around it this gen and by far and it will help have better graphics, no game design constraint and be great for fast loading time. Everyhing will be streamed more aggressively form graphical assets, system, sound and animation.

For sure but it is the biggest improvement when games I/O will be designed around it this gen and by far and it will help have better graphics, no game design constraint and be great for fast loading time. Everyhing will be streamed more aggressively form graphical assets, system, sound and animation.
Let's put it this way, as demonstrated by Mile Morales loading times on PS5 vs PS4 Pro with SSD. The SSD without a generational leap forward in I/O delivers nothing. Equally a generation leap forward in I/O is kind of pointless without a fast drive to feed it is pointless. For me the SSD in nextgen consoles is the least interesting thing but that's because I spent almost a decade worrying about I/O in a server farm. You learn how important I/O when you're dealing with vastly greater volumes of data and when that data is predicated on I/O to/from a drive. :yep2:

It will completly change the level design work which was made a difficult task because of streaming constraint.

EDIT:
Same scale down is not working, design the game on PC or a much more powerful hardware and scale down is difficult.

Cross gen is a constraint you design the game around the old generation hardware. At the end they spend so much time to try release the old generation version. They did not release proper current gen consoles version.

Yeah, CP2077 is using advanced streaming tech on pc, its very impressive with no load times between locations. Though, seeing the scale and the rendering graphics, it seems they aimed too high there aswell for the base 2013 consoles.

Aside from that, DF thought the CPU was the biggest improvement. The ones you mention are basically all sony studios and devs, and the sony sponsored UE5 then.

For sure but it is the biggest improvement when games I/O will be designed around it this gen and by far and it will help have better graphics

SSD's dont aid in rendering still. 'Better' graphics is the wrong term i think. More assets perhaps as compared to last gen.

Yeah, CP2077 is using advanced streaming tech on pc, its very impressive with no load times between locations. Though, seeing the scale and the rendering graphics, it seems they aimed too high there aswell for the base 2013 consoles.

Aside from that, DF thought the CPU was the biggest improvement. The ones you mention are basically all sony studios and devs, and the sony sponsored UE5 then.

SSD's dont aid in rendering still. 'Better' graphics is the wrong term i think. More assets perhaps as compared to last gen.

It help have better graphics again when you can't have a LOD0 or the best texture quality in RAM because the streaming system is too slow you display a lower LOD model.

From what told the ex ND director guy they limited what they display on screen because of the slow HDD. They had huge constraint. Basically with a SATA SSD in standard and optimized I/O PS4 could have better graphics. This is what he said.

Last edited:
It help have better graphics again when you can't have a LOD0 or the best texture quality in RAM because the streaming system is to slow you display a lower LOD model.

From what told the ex ND director guy they limited what they display on screen because of the slow HDD. They had huge constraint.
Insomniac also have explained how they structured the city in Spider-Man on PS4 based on the speed of the slowest drives Sony were aware users had "upgraded" their PS4s with. I do find the comment about streaming being the biggest issued a bit disingenuous though because this is arguably the easies metric to account for when you are building and designing a game. And arguably the biggest problems with Cyberpunk is with the general vehicle, NPC and other AI, and how utterly, utterly shite it is. It seriously feels worse and less dynamic than GTA on the PS2 and that has nothing to do with streaming. If you look at folks moving and riding around the world in Witcher 3, it's astonishing to think Cyberpunk came from the same company because it feels a generation behind the game they delivered six years ago. :runaway:

It feels like spent years making shiny graphics, then took a look at much of the mechanics of making a believable city, which is the opposite of how you want to do it. If you cars that get stuck, vanish, drive whilst on fire and people who walk in circles, no amount of ray tracing is going to make that a better game.

Insomniac also have explained how they structured the city in Spider-Man on PS4 based on the speed of the slowest drives Sony were aware users had "upgraded" their PS4s with. I do find the comment about streaming being the biggest issued a bit disingenuous though because this is arguably the easies metric to account for when you are building and designing a game. And arguably the biggest problems with Cyberpunk is with the general vehicle, NPC and other AI, and how utterly, utterly shite it is. It seriously feels worse and less dynamic than GTA on the PS2 and that has nothing to do with streaming. If you look at folks moving and riding around the world in Witcher 3, it's astonishing to think Cyberpunk came from the same company because it feels a generation behind the game they delivered six years ago. :runaway:

It feels like spent years making shiny graphics, then took a look at much of the mechanics of making a believable city, which is the opposite of how you want to do it. If you cars that get stuck, vanish, drive whilst on fire and people who walk in circles, no amount of ray tracing is going to make that a better game.

Cyberpunk is like a game that have its development started BEFORE witcher 3, got into development hell, and released unfinished.

You are really spot on with the AI being a downgrade from w3.

But seriously, the stupid AI and related things like NPCs swap models when out of camera view, etc are really like a too aggressive optimization/Workaround to alleviate a deep performance issue (or chain of bugs) that they don't have time to fix.

I mean.. I really can't think of what other reason requiring the NPCs to be deleted from memory and randomly generated again as the camera turns around putting them out of view and back on view.

Why the NPCs are so stupid with very limited animations and logic that got copy pasted to no end.

Btw on pc with cinema launch option, the game will finally use the highest quality models, etc.

Without cinema launch option, the highest quality models etc won't appear even with highest quality setting in graphics option even when you stand right in front of the object.

Unfortunately on gtx 1660 super it cuts my frame rate from 45-60 to rock solid 30 fps. Super annoying for shooting :(

Cyberpunk is like a game that have its development started BEFORE witcher 3, got into development hell, and released unfinished.

In my time I've seen many failed projects and you can usually spot them a mile of, they often do look like Cyberpunk. The giveaway is the team usually start working on the UI and visuals before they've set the features in stone and got them working.

It's prioritising style over substance, then you're 95% into the project and weeks away and you have a really nice looking piece of software but 95% of the features you promised don't exist or are broken. That pretty much describes Cyberpunk, because the game looked great when they've shown it off but looking back at what they did show off, it was never any of the open world gameplay. Now we know why.

I don't mean to shit on the game, I've put in almost 40 hours on PS5 and really enjoyed it what I've played and although it is a long way from what CDPR promised, I have faith that they will get it as close to that vision in the future although I a dubious about there "aim" for H2 2021 for nextgen consoles versions because hitting targets isn't their raison d'etre and COVID-19 is far from solved.

I could certainly see how this could go very badly with this if they were testing on "clean" base consoles where Cyberpunk 2077 was the only game installed. With mechanical HDDs utilizing spinning disks the transfer rates on the outer tracks have massively better transfer rates than the inner tracks. The discrepency is so large that data center HDDs utilized for storage intensive tasks utilized 2.5" disks (smaller disks) where roughly half of the inner tracks aren't capable of having data written to them because they are so much slower than the outer tracks.

This could certainly lead to a situation where the streaming subsystem of the game could appear fine in their testing lab but fall apart as it has in many people's actual consoles where they have a multitude of games already installed.

Regards,
SB

I could certainly see how this could go very badly with this if they were testing on "clean" base consoles where Cyberpunk 2077 was the only game installed. With mechanical HDDs utilizing spinning disks the transfer rates on the outer tracks have massively better transfer rates than the inner tracks. The discrepency is so large that data center HDDs utilized for storage intensive tasks utilized 2.5" disks (smaller disks) where roughly half of the inner tracks aren't capable of having data written to them because they are so much slower than the outer tracks.

This could certainly lead to a situation where the streaming subsystem of the game could appear fine in their testing lab but fall apart as it has in many people's actual consoles where they have a multitude of games already installed.

Regards,
SB

Naw. They should have retail debugging systems which would have analyzed various issues happening across the system, including storage and I/O performance issues. This would include HDD/SSD testing at various levels of usage - including limited space and fragmented data. No, CDPR simply dropped the ball on this. I'm 100% sure they were concentrating more on delivering a superior visual experience before release, over anything else. This isn't their first rodeo on consoles, they [should] know how things work.

Last edited:
Naw. They should have retail debugging systems which would have analyzed various issues happening across the system, including storage and I/O performance issues. This would include HDD/SSD testing at various levels of usage - including limited space and fragmented data. No, CDPR simply dropped the ball on this. I'm a 100% sure they were concentrating more on delivering a superior visual experience before release, over anything else. This isn't their first rodeo on consoles, they [should] know how things work.

I still disagree, how else to explain that it ran fine on their test systems as well as some users base consoles, but it didn't run as expected on some other user's base consoles?

Not all base console owners had catastrophic graphics anomalies dues to the streaming subsystem.

I could understand for PS4 if the user installed an aftermarket HDD with worse performance (hence why Insomniac spec'd Spiderman for much slower than retail PS4 HDDs), but that wouldn't account for XBO base consoles.

Regards,
SB

I still disagree, how else to explain that it ran fine on their test systems as well as some users base consoles, but it didn't run as expected on some other user's base consoles?

Not all base console owners had catastrophic graphics anomalies dues to the streaming subsystem.

I could understand for PS4 if the user installed an aftermarket HDD with worse performance (hence why Insomniac spec'd Spiderman for much slower than retail PS4 HDDs), but that wouldn't account for XBO base consoles.

Regards,
SB

Tales from their ass!?

Seriously, the earliest reported problems with the console editions was reported back in January 2020, and then it was "fine" back in October 2020. CDPR damn well knew the base-consoles weren't ready, or up to par.

January 2020
In a recent podcast, which is embedded below, Niespielak stated that CD Projekt Red has been having issues optimizing the game for Xbox One, finding the game's performance to be "extremely unsatisfactory". This lines up with CD Projekt Red's reasoning for their delay, where the developer stated that the game was "complete and playable", but that the game needed more polish.

October 2020
Marcin Momot of CD Projekt Red has confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 has no console performance issues. According to Momot, the game “works fine” and details about this will be shared shortly

DF, NX Gamer, and many others have proven this statement to be false, especially on the last generation base consoles.

However, Marcin Momot on CD Projekt Red reassured the player that Cyberpunk 2077 would work perfectly fine on the console. When asked about console frame rate and visual fidelity, Momot simply replied, “It works fine.”

Their definition of "fine" means it boots and we're shipping it.

Last edited:
Tales from their ass!?

Seriously, the earliest reported problems with the console editions was reported back in January 2020, and then it was "fine" back in October 2020. CDPR damn well knew the base-consoles weren't ready, or up to par.

January 2020

October 2020

DF, NX Gamer, and many others have proven this statement to be wrong, especially on the last generation base consoles.

Their definition of "fine" means it boots and we're shipping it.

Thanks for being overly cynical. It does run fine albeit slowly on some people's base consoles.

Regardless of how you believe things to be, getting overly heated about it doesn't contribute to actually trying to determine why it runs fine on some people's base consoles but not others.

Regards,
SB

Back