Best HDMI 2.1 4K+ HDR TV for Consoles [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kazuo Kii introducing Sony's new TVs are the most amusing thing I've seen today!

Weird tech. Only do image manipulation on the focal point instead of for the full image.

Anyway all of these fancy pants image manipulation features are mostly useless for gaming.

Still hanging on for next year's MicroLED (*)

(*) I've been saying 'next year' for a few years now...

You are not the only one. I’m still trying to concoct a plan that will convince my wife we need a new TV.

I spent this year coming up a plan to get a gaming PC in our home.

After I spent a few months of trying to figure out how I would pull it off, I had a eureka moment.

Me: “Since our son is going virtual for school, we might as well set up a desk area for him.”

Wife: “Okay”

Commences to set up a gaming desk with a 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide 34” monitor and a PC with an i7 9700 and 2070 Super. Left enough room for my son’s 13” Chromebook that he uses for school.

Son: “Wow!!!! Thanks Dad!!!”

Wife (looking at me side eyes): “That looks a little bit much for just schooling”

Me: “Education is important so that’s why I set up a desk that he would think was cool and would really want to use!”

Wife (eyes now super narrow): “Ooookay.”

Son (a week after Cyberpunk came out): “I have a burning feeling that you bought this stuff for you.”

Muhahahahaaaa....LOL

Last edited:
You are not the only one. I’m still trying to concoct a plan that will convince my wife we need a new TV.

I spent this year coming up a plan to get a gaming PC in our home.

After I spent a few months of trying to figure out how I would pull it off, I had a eureka moment.

Me: “Since our son is going virtual for school, we might as well set up a desk area for him.”

Wife: “Okay”

Commences to set up a gaming desk with a 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide 34” monitor and a PC with an i7 9700 and 2070 Super. Left enough room for my son’s 13” Chromebook that he uses for school.

Son: “Wow!!!! Thanks Dad!!!”

Wife (looking at me side eyes): “That looks a little bit much for just schooling”

Me: “Education is important so that’s why I set up a desk that he would think was cool and would really want to use!”

Wife (eyes now super narrow): “Ooookay.”

Son (a week after Cyberpunk came out): “I have a burning feeling that you bought this stuff for you.”

Muhahahahaaaa....LOL
Using your kid as an excuse to get yourself a Master Race PC. While relegating your son to a 13" Chromebook. Absolutely genius.

LG C1, G1, and Z1 lines.

LG unveils 2021 OLED TVs – C1, G1, Z1 with HDMI 2.1, VRR, Alpha 9-4, more - FlatpanelsHD

LG A1 and B1 lines.

LG unveils 2021 OLED TVs – C1, G1, Z1 with HDMI 2.1, VRR, Alpha 9-4, more - FlatpanelsHD

The A series is new and planned for a lower price point. It doesn't support 120 Hz like the B series and also only comes with HDMI 2.0.

I'm guessing the A series might be targetting the sub-1,000 USD price point.

LG are calling this their 2nd gen OLED panel tech that is brighter and cheaper to manufacture.

Regards,
SB

Is that Second Gen OLED panel tech used in all models and any downsides?

Edit: seems like the G1 series uses 2nd gen while others use normal OLED.

Would be nice if there were actually prices and release dates for these things.

I think last year they announced prices around March, around when they started to ship.

The Sony flagship 83-inch with the 1000 nit panel is $8000 according to an early price listing on B&H. The 65-inch was $3999.

I think last year they announced prices around March, around when they started to ship.

The Sony flagship 83-inch with the 1000 nit panel is $8000 according to an early price listing on B&H. The 65-inch was $3999.
Only problem is I need a new display post haste. Been using a Sceptre for years now and it was supposed to be a stop gap measure. Things I need to know are: TCL 6 8K - release and price at 55", any actual drop in OLED prices, fixes for 2.1 issues across pretty much every brand and tech type, etc.

Only problem is I need a new display post haste. Been using a Sceptre for years now and it was supposed to be a stop gap measure. Things I need to know are: TCL 6 8K - release and price at 55", any actual drop in OLED prices, fixes for 2.1 issues across pretty much every brand and tech type, etc.
do you really need to pay a fortune for 8k and also at just 55 now?
The content isnt there and 55 will barely tell you the difference you want

do you really need to pay a fortune for 8k and also at just 55 now?
The content isnt there and 55 will barely tell you the difference you want

I'm currently using 4k 55 inch TV as pc monitor and the pixels are not small enough. 8k would make the pixels smaller and would look better with many small windows opened (basically in using my 55inch TV as multi monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back