Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

Finished it tonight. And I’m finally got to play the game that I visualized in my head years ago as a kid.

I really enjoyed this game, but unfortunately for me, I never played the original so I’m unfairly comparing it to the other Souls games as if it were the latest sequel and not the original. And I think this game only comes up short in terms of simple bosses and length. I wish each archsrone had at least one more area.

Overall, I’d say it’s a 4/5 score (Bloodborne and DS1 would be a 5/5 for me in comparison).

I wish Bluepoint would remake Dark Souls 1 and help out From on their next game to nail the technical side right from the start.
At this point, Bluepoint should be like a technical support to many development studios. Like a 24/7 helpline when a dev is stuck, you call up Bluepoint and BOOM - all sorted and looks amazing.

I'm on my NG+ play through now. I think I'll go for the platinum trophy. That'll either require a NG++ or a fresh play through...

Anyway, one thing I realized that breaks this game and makes it much easier than other games is the supply of healing items. Early game, you have to grind as everything is expensive. Late game, you can literally carry 100+ leaves for healing after doing a quick soul run. You don't need to grind for items but it's still annoying to have to go refetch consumables. This one my biggest complaint with Bloodborne as well (farming of consumable healing items). The Dark Souls 1 estus flask mechanic is a better concept in my opinion as it puts more pressure on the player to be judicious with healing items.

EoqSvK-XUAED0hk

l2AV3jh.jpg

demonssouls_202012042jrk3x.png

I wish I didn't try the quality mode. And I wish the performance mode didn't pair down the tessellation quality. I mean, there's no way I'll play it at 30 fps, but those graphics...

I'm on my NG+ play through now. I think I'll go for the platinum trophy. That'll either require a NG++ or a fresh play through...

Anyway, one thing I realized that breaks this game and makes it much easier than other games is the supply of healing items. Early game, you have to grind as everything is expensive. Late game, you can literally carry 100+ leaves for healing after doing a quick soul run. You don't need to grind for items but it's still annoying to have to go refetch consumables. This one my biggest complaint with Bloodborne as well (farming of consumable healing items). The Dark Souls 1 estus flask mechanic is a better concept in my opinion as it puts more pressure on the player to be judicious with healing items.
Actually nevermind, I think I'll have the platinum by the end of the day and a huge amount of items if you need anything! Yes I did the gold coin glitch, no I am not ashamed of it.

Finally finished the platinum trophy tonight. (My only two trophies ever are Demon Souls and Bloodborne now.)

It took somewhere in the ballpark of 90-100 hours to get the platinum, I haven't been this obsessed with a game in years. I put in many hours and late nights in the last month on this.

As happened with Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I always end up missing stuff in the first playthrough so I have to go to NG++ at least to finish everything. I really screwed up the world tendencies on my first play through.

NG+ was manageable for me (up until the last boss at least), NG++ was a real bitch due to how much damage the enemies can deal out. I find the levels to be more difficult (and sometimes tedious) than the bosses themselves.

Dragonbone Smasher is my favorite weapon now. It's the NPC and Invader killer.

This game looks so good I wish it was on a platform I have (no purchasing a platform for a single game anymore ^^)
(Also I played Souls games so I know how the gameplay is like, I'd love playing it.)

I love the geometry in this game. The world looks so dense and detailed. Even the dark mucks in the swamp look so meaty.

The moonlight greatsword looks amazing. I'm playing in 30 fps mode so i'm not sure why it looks yucky on this video

Back