Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

GA102 die: Nvidia@8nm@Ampere@GA102@GeForce_RTX_3090@S_TW_2032A1_SNNB9… | Flickr

The artistic representation was actually pretty close.
Seems mirrored compared to this one:
930-cgi-die-shot.jpg

vs.

upload_2020-12-14_12-24-53.png

Hell even the first QUAKE I would like to see getting RT.
QUAKE 2 was a lame duck compared IMHO.

Hm maybe :p I liked both Quake 1 and 2, but ofcourse quake 1 has much brighter memories. It was beyond aything else backthen, unbelievable graphics for the time (now its a pixel mess). The amazing thing is that the RT version again impresses even today. Same for minecraft path traced, it has blown away people like nothing else. And intrest is there from people.
I can come up with many old pc games that would really get a nice version in RT. Lets hope NV and/or devs and modders also do.

One of DFs most watched videos.

A Christmas Miracle: 500,000 NVIDIA RTX 3080 Cards Found in Lost Shipping Container | TechPowerUp
So it has to be nothing short of a Christmas miracle that 500,000 NVIDIA RTX 3080 graphics cards have just been found in an unmarked shipping container in South Korea. The container wasn't registered in the port authority, and was therefore left unopened and unprocessed.

The graphics cards were stored in the container absent of any proper documentation by Samsung, as early as August of this year. Jeff Fisher, vice president of NVIDIA and head of the GeForce division, said in a statement to the company's shareholders that "We've been asking Samsung for this shipment for months. They told us that she had already left the factory, but then they did not present us with any document proving that she had reached her destination". These newfound graphics cards will now be correctly processed and put into the channel.

You missed this part
Geeknetic.es made this as a part of the Spanish Fool's Day, which is December 28th. However, considering the current state of the RTX (and AMD RX) market, this is a nice satirical gotcha which I'll keep on TPU. Let's laugh at our misery instead of wallowing in it.
(to be fair, TPU didn't notice it themselves at first either and added that note later)

NVIDIA Turing & Ampere CUDA & OptiX Rendering Performance – Techgage
December 29, 2020
Ahead of 2021, we wanted to take one last look at rendering performance with the current range of NVIDIA GPUs and the renderers that target them. Those include some staples: Arnold, KeyShot, Octane, Redshift, and V-Ray, with a little Blender on the side. Many have also been tested with RTX on and off, so read on and see how well each one of these eleven GPUs fare.

Last edited:
Back