Nvidia DLSS 1 and 2 antialiasing discussion *spawn*

It would be interesting to see sales trends over time. Some games definitely front load sales closer to launch but Witcher 3 for example is still a big seller.

Because CDPR still does stuff for TW3:
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to get ray tracing as a free upgrade for current owners | Windows Central

Not only did you get 2 free DLC's, 3 years of ongoing patches....not you get DXR too.
Not many developers does this.

For CP2077 CDPR have already stated there will come a DLC, that they will implement som form of multiplayer gameplay...and "more".
On PC CDPR has a loyal fanbase, due to their actions.

Nvidia updated their UE4 NVRTX branch to UE 4.26.

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/u...engine-4-branch-dlss-and-rtxgi-available-now/

A 50 page "DLSS programming guide" pdf for developers was uploaded to the Github repository too. Skimmed through a bit and I'm not sure there's all that much new info in addition to the GTC presentation from earlier this year. Some more in-depth stuff but as the name suggests, it's mostly about setting up, configuring, debugging etc.

Updated processing cost table:

table.PNG

Ultra quality mode is mentioned a couple of times in the documentation but information is scarce, "offers highest image quality" and "mode is a placeholder for future feature updates."

Nvidia updated their UE4 NVRTX branch to UE 4.26.

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/u...engine-4-branch-dlss-and-rtxgi-available-now/

A 50 page "DLSS programming guide" pdf for developers was uploaded to the Github repository too. Skimmed through a bit and I'm not sure there's all that much new info in addition to the GTC presentation from earlier this year. Some more in-depth stuff but as the name suggests, it's mostly about setting up, configuring, debugging etc.

Updated processing cost table:

View attachment 5127

Ultra quality mode is mentioned a couple of times in the documentation but information is scarce, "offers highest image quality" and "mode is a placeholder for future feature updates."

That's awesome, thanks!

1ms for 4K performance mode on a 3090. That's crazy fast, and yet we can clearly see DLSS having a bigger impact on performance than this. So I wonder what else is going on?

That's crazy fast, and yet we can clearly see DLSS having a bigger impact on performance than this.
What do you mean by this? The performance benefits of DLSS is due to the game engine rendering at much lower resolution.

1ms for 4K performance mode on a 3090. That's crazy fast, and yet we can clearly see DLSS having a bigger impact on performance than this. So I wonder what else is going on?
Some post processing is done at full resolution (after DLSS pass).

From the guide:
Certain post effects, such as bloom, depth of field and chromatic aberration, often cause visual artifacts in the DLSS output that is difficult (or impossible) to remove. It is highly recommended that these types of post effects be placed after DLSS and execute on the fully upscaled target size.

Even though with DLSS games render at a much lower resolution, the final image is very close to native 4k. Most fail the tests upon asked what is DLSS and whats native. I think any (slim) degradation in IQ is worth the very large performance gain.
Also, see where DLSS started with its first iteration, and where we are now. Then think it assumably will improve further down the road.
I mean, reconstruction tech is really welcomed since 4k/high resolutions are very resource heavy, in special if we want next generation graphics and effects at the same time.

Is there really people that crave for native resolutions as the only way out? Obviously there is, but i doubt the average gamer only accepts native resolutions. I remember HZD on the Pro, already then it was so close to native 4k due to reconstruction/upscaling, i then thought that must be the future.

Some post processing is done at full resolution (after DLSS pass).

From the guide:

Not sure if it's discussed in anywhere but would DLSS/tensor core operations not also occupy/pull resources available from other units in the GPU to some extent as well?

Just keep in mind that still screenshots don't tell the whole picture (pun not intended)

Lol true, but its close enough for me when playing. Its possible to do side by sides maybe and spot some differences, but i think its worth the extra performance. DF praised reconstruction already in 2017 with horizon zero dawn, everyone basically agreed it was the near perfect solution to higher resolutions. But it seems reconstruction tech isnt so hot anymore as of today.

Nah...keep that resolution "hack" on the consoles IMHO.

He said in combination with DLSS. So you get native 4k, resolution goes down due to performance, DLSS reconstructs the image in these situations. Sounds like a game changer to me.
Otherwise i agree that downscaling resolutions alone isnt all that exciting.

Not sure if it's discussed in anywhere but would DLSS/tensor core operations not also occupy/pull resources available from other units in the GPU to some extent as well?
If nothing else, every operation counts against the power limit.

I really hope we are going to see a dynamic resolution feature coupled with DLSS. If working correctly, it could be a game changer.

Today is your lucky day:

https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphic...21-delivers-vr-8k-dynamic-resolution-support/

• Dynamic resolution support. The input buffer can change dimensions from frame to frame while the output size remains fixed. If the rendering engine supports dynamic resolution, DLSS can be used to perform the required upscale to the display resolution.

Back