CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

The decision was reportedly made by both, as it was CD Projekt who approached Sony and not the other way around.

The problem wasn't simply about bugs or certs... but CDPR making decisions without involving Sony first. Any discussions afterwards was most definitely driven by Sony.

Last edited:
Yes there were issues, but Evolution Studio rapid closure wasn't simply a financial one. There was real bad blood... not simply rumor.

If you have a chance watch the God of War documentary. Scott Rodhey who was the Sony producer for that game very directly implied after the GoW: Ascension commercial failure, that the studio may not survive another setback. That's Sony Santa Monica we are talking about.

I don't think Kazunori Yamauchi is going around Sony shutting down any other car driving games. It's just a more clickbaity rumour which was never substantiated. After so many years I'm pretty sure an ex-evolution could have come out and said "oh, our game was good but we were sabotaged" I think they admitted their own failure and moved on.

If you have a chance watch the God of War documentary. Scott Rodhey who was the Sony producer for that game very directly implied after the GoW: Ascension commercial failure, that the studio may not survive another setback. That's Sony Santa Monica we are talking about.

I don't think Kazunori Yamauchi is going around Sony shutting down any other car driving games. It's just a more clickbaity rumour which was never substantiated. After so many years I'm pretty sure an ex-evolution could have come out and said "oh, our game was good but we were sabotaged" I think they admitted their own failure and moved on.

A studio is basically three failures from being closed. God of War Ascencion and the cancelled project cost tons of money to Sony. This is the reason Cory Barlog cried when he saw the reviews of God of War reboot because if him and the team failed, it would have been the closure of the studio.

I am pretty sure the next gen consoles will run this game better than your current PC

Where did he name his specs?

RT will not be the center of rendering game engine, no RT at all in Unreal Engine 5* and very limited usage of RT in CryEngine for example.

* they decided to do different technical choice to do GI and virtualised geometry with Nanite.

We have no idea what will happen. Wouldnt it be abit strange if the RT hardware goes unused the next seven years? Cerny would know better, right?

A studio is basically three failures from being closed. God of War Ascencion and the cancelled project cost tons of money to Sony. This is the reason Cory Barlog cried when he saw the reviews of God of War reboot because if him and the team failed, it would have been the closure of the studio.

Sounds like a tuff indrustry. Good that the last GoW was a success.

Where did he name his specs?

We have no idea what will happen. Wouldnt it be abit strange if the RT hardware goes unused the next seven years? Cerny would know better, right?

Sounds like a tuff indrustry. Good that the last GoW was a success.

This does not mean RT hardware will not be used you can accelerate tracing ray for other things than triangle based raytracing. But I doubt triangle based raytracing rendering will be highly used maybe one effect in a game(shadows or reflections) . It will be selective exactly like AMD told. We need a paper and a presentation on it but Virtualised geometry of Nanite is probably not very raytracing friendly and Epic made a choice and decide to not use triangle based raytracing at all. Cryengine use it but carefully for reflection.

Funny.

EDIT:
I am sure if they did not talk about refunds without telling Sony it would not have gone so far.

I think it depends, SSM could afford Ascension the same way Polyphony could afford GT6. But smaller studios.... MM could be next in line if Dreams doesn't sell good enough, they were working on it for quite a lot of time and LBP3, as far as I remember, didn't sell as well as the first two games.

I think it depends, SSM could afford Ascension the same way Polyphony could afford GT6. But smaller studios.... MM could be next in line if Dreams doesn't sell good enough, they were working on it for quite a lot of time and LBP3, as far as I remember, didn't sell as well as the first two games.

LBP3 was made by Sumo digital.

In UK it is mandatory even for little company to publish financial report and someone on era found all Media molecule financial and they were making profit even when not releasing game. They were providing support to other project for example.

Evolution studios financial situation is public too and they were bleeding money.

And it is not depending, studios not only on Sony side but on third party side too are basically three failures from closure.

EDIT:

He does not say it here but lots of stress and watch another video God of War documentary where the producer said basically the studio will go down if God of War is a failure. Now they reset the state and they can take risk with a new IP.

EDIT2:
The famous God of War documentary and they talked about the cancelled project. The rumor told the project lost 100 millions dollars for Sony and it was cancelled pretty late into the developement process.

EDIT3:
Another industry motto you are as good as your last game and it can apply to CDProjekt situation.

Last edited:
This does not mean RT hardware will not be used you can accelerate tracing ray for other things than triangle based raytracing. But I doubt triangle based raytracing rendering will be highly used maybe one effect in a game(shadows or reflections) . It will be selective exactly like AMD told. We need a paper and a presentation on it but Virtualised geometry of Nanite is probably not very raytracing friendly and Epic made a choice and decide to not use triangle based raytracing at all. Cryengine use it but carefully for reflection.

Yes, but thats going to work across consoles and pc.

Anyway, i think its best to just forget about PS4/OneS regarding next gen games. Its time to move on.

PS5/Series Xbox X will out perform an i-9-10900X/RTX 3090 PC?
Erhmmm...how about no?
This PC will be upgraded/replaced in 2 years time...I have a fixed upgrade cycle.
My PC will have better FPS and better visuals than any console, like it or not.

This is the wrong forum for your anti console crusade though. Could you please share more constructive dialogue here ? Would be much appreciated ;)

The title states:
CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PC, XBSX|S] [Delisted from Playstation Store]

but I will keep facts to myself then ;)

oh you can defenitely talk about PC version here no problem, but just tone down with the concern that consoles are holding back PCs and they should not exist.
It's as false as tiring to read.
PCs have always been more powerful and have done well through all gens of consoles. Always with better graphics settings and res/fps, and that's where the extra power was used.

I dont know whats causing this bad performance, yes it may be a fun & good game but technically it doesnt look *that* great. Oh yes its very good, near the top but remember its also made in a futuristic shiny landscape where its dark and with lights, these are always more easy to get looking good than normal scenes. Im looking at some of the screenshots in this thread and Im scratching my head

See many message like this. This is good the developement team is not responsible of the fucked up decision of management.

Exactly, its not the developers who worked hard but the management who wanted this game to be available on all platforms including 2013 PS4/oneS.
Either those needed more time or shouldnt have existed at all. Also agree on the bit where he explains the internets and youtube.... last of us 2 got alot of shit their way for different reasons then CP2077 but both are not justified towards the devs.

We talk about CDPR, the devs and Sony, but the ones that got hit the most are those who have a base console (PS4) and expected to be able to play 2077. I think they should re-release it in a working version of possible.

The norm in digital retail is the publisher is paid at the end of the calendar month in which the sale took place, so CDPR will be getting very little from Sony at the end of December. CDPR will certainly have had access to PSN pre-orders numbers and post-launch sale numbers and anticipating payment based on that number.

Huh? Has Sony returned all the prepaid money for the game?

Huh? Has Sony returned all the prepaid money for the game?
What pre-paid money? Is this another case of different rules in different countries? In most EU countries, Sony does not charge you for a pre-order until the game is released. The pre-order will say you'll be charged immediately but in practise you aren't.

Looks like CDPR were the ones who asked for the game to be de-listed from the PSN Store. Looks like this was the only way to guarantee refunds. Good on CDPR for doing this, despite all their other mistakes.
If true, this begs the question of why Microsoft are still selling it for Xbox One, on which it runs worse than base PS4.

Maybe Microsoft will also yank it before the day it out, or maybe they are looking for a way to continue selling it for Series X/S owners, where the game is running quite well on current gen consoles. I've had a few crashes but my biggest trauma with Cyberpunk 2077 was experiencing one of the first person sex scenes. Literally no warning, literally BAM! :runaway:

Yup. Cyberpunk demonstrates that the TRC needs to be expanded to cover aspects key to the quality of the user experience playing the game, not just it's ability to run. Sony have since pulled Cyberpunk from their Store and there is a no-questions-asked refund policy for it. That's going to sting for CDPR and their investors.

The norm in digital retail is the publisher is paid at the end of the calendar month in which the sale took place, so CDPR will be getting very little from Sony at the end of December. CDPR will certainly have had access to PSN pre-orders numbers and post-launch sale numbers and anticipating payment based on that number.
I'm les concerned with things like framerate or graphical fidelity when it comes to certification. The crashing is a big issue, though. I understand that in Cyberpunk's case that people want it to be a graphical marvel, as that was part of the pre-launch hype, but I don't think I like the idea of platform manufacturers telling companies that a game doesn't reach their arbitrary graphics or framerate metrics for certification. Further, would a thing like getting pulled from a digital storefront and refunds issued no questions asked happen if a game has a marketing partnership with that platform? I remember the launch state of No Man's Sky being graphically underwhelming for many, and reports of crashing, and I remember Sony's response was something along the lines of "Yeah, Hello Games really bit off more than they could chew. Sucks to be them." After that they started accepting refunds but as far as I know they never pulled it from the store.

Actually, is it gone if you search for it on PS5 or only on PS4? Did Sony just make Cyberpunk an Xbox Exclusive?

I'm les concerned with things like framerate or graphical fidelity when it comes to certification. The crashing is a big issue, though.

I'm also not somebody fussed with slight drops in frame rates but crashes can be bad. I've had a few on PS5 but I've sunk a good 10+ hours in so far and the game does auto-save a lot. If it was crashing and I was losing progress I'd be distinctly less chill. I am looking forward to diving back into Cyberpunk tomorrow.

Actually, is it gone if you search for it on PS5 or only on PS4? Did Sony just make Cyberpunk an Xbox Exclusive?

Haha, yeah they did. The game is definitely gone. There was only every a PS4 version so I imagine it would require some re-enginging of the Playstation Store to keep it visible and allow download only to customers with PS5 consoles. It's probably not worth it.

Back