CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I was toying around for a few minutes tonight. Just a little havoc to see what crimes do. Police appear in waves within seconds and I had 3 police spawn in behind me like 15 feet away at the blocked off end of a corridor. That's some immersive design. Oh boy.

It is an interesting world to look around and the scripted events have been exciting so far. Lots of detail indeed. I'm not so sure about the gameplay systems though...

Last edited:
There was no way they were leaving that money on the table.

However, I really question their allocation of resources given they had 2 (tuned) performance profiles for Series X while the XO & PS4 suffered to the point of being unplayable. If they want to take care of their promotional partners (MS, Nvidia) fine, but doing so to the detriment of their own game and to consumers playing on other platforms? Well thats just downright stupid.

There was no way they were leaving that money on the table.

However, I really question their allocation of resources given they had 2 (tuned) performance profiles for Series X while the XO & PS4 suffered to the point of being unplayable. If they want to take care of their promotional partners (MS, Nvidia) fine, but doing so to the detriment of their own game and to consumers playing on other platforms? Well thats just downright stupid.

I understand financially why they didn't want to but they walked themselves into a technical hole by doing this.

Also the PC audience is much more understanding of aging hardware. I haven't come across many, if any, complaints from people with 2013 HW complaining about CP not running well. They understand their systems have aged past their useful lifespan if the goal is to play the latest and greatest.

I understand financially why they didn't want to but they walked themselves into a technical hole by doing this.

Also the PC audience is much more understanding of aging hardware. I haven't come across many, if any, complaints from people with 2013 HW complaining about CP not running well. They understand their systems have aged past their useful lifespan if the goal is to play the latest and greatest.
Bit of a difference though. On a 2013 PC you can simply tweak your game to get the performance you personally want. On a PS4/One, you're kinda stuck with a game that runs like caca.

Base Xbox One performs even worse now, after patch 1.04. 10-12fps.
Everyone else has a playable copy of the game.
CDPR should set aside all other work until that version is fixed.
Perhaps they went through settings and tweaked until they finally got it under 16ms, while accidentally looking FPS instead of ms graph.

If anyone is expecting some kind of massive overhaul for last gen consoles then they will be dissapointed. Look at Witcher 3 release from launch to 1.04 patch, XB1 will probably get + 10-15 fps boost but the graphics wont look much different. I understand they are caught between a rock and a hard place now and have to fix the last gen mess. But the game needs updates on pc and current gen aswell! The NPC AI is a mess and i suspect just getting the game to run on XB1 took dev time away from basic stuff like that

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37076/important-update

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Back