CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

This games looks absolutely insane with ray tracing on. Best looking game ever. I don't see any obvious difference between native 1440p vs. dlss quality mode. Though only dlss gives playable fps with ray tracing on. This is with slightly overclocked 3070fe. dlss quality mode is no brainer, I might go with psycho ray tracing setting and use dlss performance mode. Need to test a bit more to see which setting I like more.

This games looks absolutely insane with ray tracing on. Best looking game ever. I don't see any obvious difference between native 1440p vs. dlss quality mode. Though only dlss gives playable fps with ray tracing on. This is with slightly overclocked 3070fe. dlss quality mode is no brainer, I might go with psycho ray tracing setting and use dlss performance mode. Need to test a bit more to see which setting I like more.

It looks amazing even without RT, no option to even activate any form of ray tracing on 6800XT yet, so GeForce users, enjoy it, I will join you later at lower performance :D
2h in and time for bed, so far one glitch with NPC sitting in air, but otherwise solid experience in prologue as Nomad.

Oh and I must say, I like driving, it feels more realistic compared to GTA, but not yet suited for keyboard, so XBOX controller is the way to go for driving.
Have I mentioned world details? DETAILS EVERYWHERE!
CP2077-001.png

Just one random image ...

Last edited:
It looks amazing even without RT, no option to even activate any form of ray tracing on 6800XT yet, so GeForce users, enjoy it, I will join you later at lower performance :D
2h in and time for bed, so far one glitch with NPC sitting in air, but otherwise solid experience in prologue as Nomad.

Oh and I must say, I like driving, it feels more realistic compared to GTA, but not yet suited for keyboard, so XBOX controller is the way to go for driving.
Have I mentioned world details? DETAILS EVERYWHERE!
CP2077-001.png

Just one random image ...

If I were to describe the effect of ray tracing it makes the graphics pop and feel real. Without ray tracing it's kind of flat but still very good looking.

I will leave this game alone for a while. I have a feeling if i start this proper I cannot stop it and I cannot afford to loose all of my time to gaming this week.

Btw. 3070fe default settings seem to be everything maxed but ray tracing doesn't enable psycho settings. DLSS was on auto mode.

Positional audio with headphones is spot on so far in this game. You can hear which direction someone is speaking to you etc.

Last edited:
So, ran into my first bug which means I can't play the game.

I can't rebind the F key. Because of a broken pinkie finger back when I was in high school, I use rdfg instead of wasd for movement. So, uh, this kind of sucks unless there's an ini/cfg file I can modify.

.../sigh. Not like I really have time to play it anyway.

[edit] Thank you reddit.
PSA How to bind the F key on PC : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

Regards,
SB

Raised blacks on xbox. Bad capture, or is that how it is?

isn't xbox always did that since xbox 360 era with their 3 different levels of black level instead of the usual 2 (full/limited) on any other devices? IIRC MGS even explains that they deliberately have different curve because something i forgot

I look forward to the DF crew each giving their best looking game of the year soon. John and Alex are probably a lock for Cyberpunk. Wonder if Richard and Tom agree.

Most likely they will seeing how it looks, with some runner ups.

On another note, its uncommon for studios to undersell graphics beforehand. Usually its the other way around as weve learned this summer.

Well, I dipped in to check it out. No time to play, but I have to say 2 things.

First, the game is gorgeous.

Second, my GTX 1070 is officially a potato now. :p

Regards,
SB

Even my 2080 Ti is definitely showing its age now :p
Actually the performance is better than I expected. Of course I only played the first few hours of the game and probably not the most complex scenes in the game, but with the default settings running @ 4k (DLSS set to auto) it manages to keep above 45 fps most of the time.
I still prefer to have it runs constantly at 60fps, so I'll try turn off RT or turn down the resolution a bit.

The versions for Xbox Series have been tinkered as the Xbox Series S would otherwise been running the base version resolution.

PS4 Pro code for PS5 probably also resolution limits raised. Most of the fps boost comes from Zen2

Back