AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Evga does price their 3070 cards near MSRP ... normally priced between $529 - $609, with one at msrp price of $499 ($30 rebate). Since adapting the new queue system the cards will be listed as "Out of Stock", though doubt there is much inventory.
EVGA - Products - Graphics - GeForce 30 Series Family - RTX 3070

Evga does price their 3070 cards near MSRP ... normally priced between $529 - $609, with one at msrp price of $499 ($30 rebate). Since adapting the new queue system the cards will be listed as "Out of Stock", though doubt there is much inventory.
EVGA - Products - Graphics - GeForce 30 Series Family - RTX 3070

Lol these are close to reference cards. It's useless to compare "almost reference" to things like the Red Devil or the Nitro+ which are comparable, instead, to the cards I listed before. Powercolor and Sapphire have reference cards on their site, but these are not what they showed yesterday nor what's in the prices listed before in this thread.

Lol these are close to reference cards. It's useless to compare "almost reference" to things like the Red Devil or the Nitro+ which are comparable, instead, to the cards I listed before. Powercolor and Sapphire have reference cards on their site, but these are not what they showed yesterday nor what's in the prices listed before in this thread.
I thought the prices of all AMD cards were exorbitant, reference-like or not.

I thought the prices of all AMD cards were exorbitant, reference-like or not.

There are many people who bought at MRSP on AMD site - which restocks some almost everyday. If you look at other places, you will find inflated prices. And it's the same for Ampere - If you look at prices for 3000 series at shops you will not find the same numbers as on the EVGA site - which lists all the cards out of stock too, sadly. And when you get an almost fair deal ("only a relatively small premium over MSRP") then the card is in preorder, and you have no due date for the delivery. It's an hard time for getting a VGA from both vendors - on Nvidia side this is true also after 2 months from the launch.

There are many people who bought at MRSP on AMD site - which restocks some almost everyday. If you look at other places, you will find inflated prices.
Those are reference cards, not custom AIB cards. There are no custom AIB cards for RX 6800 close to msrp.
Edit: That is what everyone is complaining about outside the supply issue.

Those are reference cards, not custom AIB cards. There are no custom AIB cards for RX 6800 close to msrp.

Again, you are really comparing heavily overclocked cards with cards which are at stock speeds or very close to stock. We can compare cards' prices when they are of comparable specifications, AIB or not AIB. Try to debate when you have meaningful arguments.

Edit: That is what everyone is complaining about outside the supply issue.
If you want to make an argument then bring data on "same cooler/same overclocks" AMD and NVidia custom cards from ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI.

For example, ASUS TUF Gaming (not the OC) was originally an MSRP RTX 3080. I don't know what its price is now and there is not an AMD equivalent, just the OC version:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Product-Com...rv29irz,kc9dfqlvjx59fgu8,sllsnshqqjg0x9oj&b=1

If you want to make an argument then bring data on "same cooler/same overclocks" AMD and NVidia custom cards from ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI.

For example, ASUS TUF Gaming (not the OC) was originally an MSRP RTX 3080. I don't know what its price is now and there is not an AMD equivalent, just the OC version:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Product-Com...rv29irz,kc9dfqlvjx59fgu8,sllsnshqqjg0x9oj&b=1

Well a very short research on geizhals gives me these results:

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=545_ASUS~9810_16+0029768+-+RTX+3080

999$ and 1199$ (with the Strix costing more than the Tuf, which is absurd)

I don't think the Asus TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING was ever priced at Nvidia's mrsp, unless you have a link that suggests that price. Newegg has it at $759, so $60 over msrp.

Edit: A review stated the msrp price of the TUF Gaming at $699.

At Best Buy the prices on Gigabyte, MSI, Evga, and PNY range from $730 - $850.

If Newegg had stock, 6800xt prices range from $649 - $899, so there is a slight premium at the highend but isn't as great as I expected.

Last edited:
Nice Video. Do I see right that Raytracing is not working with primitive shaders? Because in video I see Vertexshaderstage but no primitive shaders?

anybody know why we see here Raytracing task but no primitive shader? It is strange that when you use Raytracing you stick in the old render pipeline... @7:30

Again, you are really comparing heavily overclocked cards with cards which are at stock speeds or very close to stock. We can compare cards' prices when they are of comparable specifications, AIB or not AIB. Try to debate when you have meaningful arguments.

There is no way someone same is willing to pay an extra 150 dollar for a slightly fancier cooler that is not even that necessary since the reference design is more than enough and a BIOS with higher power limits.

Those prices are just in insult.

There is no way someone same is willing to pay an extra 150 dollar for a slightly fancier cooler that is not even that necessary since the reference design is more than enough and a BIOS with higher power limits.

Those prices are just in insult.

Quite probably, as the performance increase is quite limited anyway. But, these overpriced custom cards existed since a lot of time, they aren't new. and there are/will be AIB cards with coolers and frequencies closer or equal to the reference, and there quite probably will price quite lower, after availability will increase. Same for Ampere.

I don't think the Asus TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING was ever priced at Nvidia's mrsp, unless you have a link that suggests that price. Newegg has it at $759, so $60 over msrp.

Edit: A review stated the msrp price of the TUF Gaming at $699.

At Best Buy the prices on Gigabyte, MSI, Evga, and PNY range from $730 - $850.

If Newegg had stock, 6800xt prices range from $649 - $899, so there is a slight premium at the highend but isn't as great as I expected.

The TUF Gaming (non-OC variant) was definitely available for MSRP and was back-orderable at the equivalent of $699usd here in Canada for the first couple of weeks, but as there's less profit in those than the OC variants, supply is still low and so the prices keep creeping up. The OC variant was always a tier above MSRP. The Gigabyte Eagle non-OC is still available for ~$720usd here in Canada and supply sounds like it's been much better for those.

It's been sad to watch the availability of Big Navi here in Canada though - most of our stores just posted notices saying basically 'we're not getting any, we have no idea when we might, please go away'

Is it AMD shipping though? I've been under the impression that Sony and MS are responsible for the manufacturing and AMD is there just to collect royalties?

AMD/Intel's agreement has restrictions with respect to sub licensing which is why the console model changed to direct chip purchases with the PS4/Xbox One from a design licensing model.

But this is something that isn't very clear cut depending on how the agreements are written up which is the problem with this statement -
This console ramp is the main reason for lack of Zen 3 & Big Navi.

Since it's based on a false premise that AMD's wafer allocation that they secured or even TSMC capacity and ramp up would be the exact same if the consoles hypothetically didn't exist.

Back