Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered [PS5, PC]

A quick look at Spider-Man Remastered running on the PS5 at 4K. This video includes the 30fps visual quality mode with new assets, animations, ray tracing, ambient shadows, and more. The 60fps performance mode is also demonstrated in the footage. HDR disabled for capture purposes.

We take a look at Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and compare it side-by-side with the original PS4 version. The PS5 brings raytracing in fidelity mode, and 60 fps in performance mode. Take a look and see the changes for yourself.

Copy from miles morales thread

On Spiderman Remastered

PS4

2020-11-10_18_19_36-Spider-Man_PS4_-_Opening_Cutscene_-_YouTube.png

PS5

2020-11-10_18_19_57-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

PS4

2020-11-10_18_54_19-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5

2020-11-10_18_54_32-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

PS4
2020-11-10_19_13_16-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5
2020-11-10_19_13_25-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

They relit the full game

EDIT:
Other examples
https://www.resetera.com/threads/spider-man-remastered-running-on-ps5.322936/post-51136213

EDIT2:

They did not reshoot the cutscene. Just the fact to have a model with the same facial bones than Yuri Lowenthal help to improve facial animation.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spider-man-remastered-running-on-ps5.322936/reply?quote=51137014

i like how busy the city is now, even at a far distance.
The real sequel (or whatever their next game is) should look absolutely marvellous.
Who remembers, after the reveal trailer of spiderman, a lot of people were doubting that was actual realtime graphics on PS4.

Looks like the remaster is locked on the disc but has to be redeemed via a code.
Might be a problem for people looking forward to resale the game.
mgnzjp5.png

Looks like the remaster is locked on the disc but has to be redeemed via a code.
Might be a problem for people looking forward to resale the game.
mgnzjp5.png

Are you saying that if you buy Spiderman remastered on disc you need to get an extra code?
if a game comes on a disc, does not the disc always have to be in the drive to play it?

Are you saying that if you buy Spiderman remastered on disc you need to get an extra code? if a game comes on a disc, does not the disc always have to be in the drive to play it?
I don't think you can buy Spider-Man remastered on it's own, it's only included with the special/deluxe edition of Miles Morales.

It's interesting that it's included on the Miles Morales disc but comes with an activation code. For me, this is the best of both worlds, I can delete it and reinstall it fast from disc, but I don't need the disc to play it because it's effectively a digital version that usable with a valid activation code. Like like brief post-Steam launch period when PC games came on disc but required a Steam activation code to play. You can sell the disc but it's unusable to anybody else without a valid code.

This is an interesting option I'd like to see more. Basic disc copy where you need to the disc inserted to play, but where you can sell/lend the disc to others. And a digital disc copy that comes with a valid licence that once redeemed, makes the disc useless with a copy. But where deleting and re-installing it will be quick.

In the video above that compares PS5 with Pro, I feel the city is too pink in PS5, not sure I like that.

This is an interesting option I'd like to see more. Basic disc copy where you need to the disc inserted to play, but where you can sell/lend the disc to others. And a digital disc copy that comes with a valid licence that once redeemed, makes the disc useless with a copy. But where deleting and re-installing it will be quick.

I'm really not keen on the idea of a disc that becomes useless. I can't recall if this is already the case (and I've just gotten back from a long shift with a fair hangover, so I'm not testing it) but it'd be useful to be able to use a disc to install a game which you've purchased digitally via the PlayStation store.

RT reflections are crisp

marvelsspider-manremaxmkdt.png

"Spider-Man! Spider-Man!
Teabagging fellas in the atrium!"

Not sold separately. Yet.
But they surely will. They're clearly trying to incentivise people into buying the expensive Miles Morales to get the old game, but I've had my fill out of Spider-Man. Maybe I'll buy the Remaster when they release it separately, at a discounted price for PS4 digital owners, when its in a sale. Possibly. :-|

I'm really not keen on the idea of a disc that becomes useless. I can't recall if this is already the case (and I've just gotten back from a long shift with a fair hangover, so I'm not testing it) but it'd be useful to be able to use a disc to install a game which you've purchased digitally via the PlayStation store.
The disc isn't useless, it let's you re-install the game quickly.

Disc and digital games are different products to PlayStation so I doubt you're idea will work.

Back