AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Damn! :oops:

2532MHz avg. clock with 208W avg. GPU (only) power consumption?

Also, "only" 269W max. GPU power consumption at 2553MHz -> RX 6800 non-XT?

Not sure what CapFrameX measures. It's probably GPU+VRAM. So add some to get peak W for the whole board.

If the 6800 on reference can do 2.5 on 60c then the custom model need to be really good to justify its purchase.

Edit: Or maybe...there won't be reference models on stock...

Last edited:
It's nice. But I believe it won't matter if the launch is similar to zen3. It's not a paper launch but you can't buy one now, and queues and approv. on overclockers.co.uk are not encouraging. I'm not even talking about Ampere... I hope it will be a liiiiittle better one month, for CP2077, maybe... I'm not even believing that to be honest...

Not talking about Ampere because people that preordered the day preordering started are just getting their cards?

There is a large shipment of Zen3 expected in the next couple of days that should clear up most of those waiting for launch day backorders, at least in NA.
I haven't seen numbers for 6800/XT launch, but it doesn't really matter at this point. It is going to sell out regardless. The big difference is that there will be regular shipments of product.

The graphics card was tested with the latest 27.20.14501.1206 driver that supports Big Navi. The testing platform features Ryzen 9 3900X (12-core processors) with MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE motherboard. What you might not know is that this is one of the four confirmed motherboards to support Smart Access Memory technology at launch. Meaning, we are definitely looking at a result from a reviewer who might be testing said technology.

I hope thats not what he is testing since SAM doesn’t work with Zen2.

Default max boost is 2105. So 20%ish?
That's what AMD gave on the specsheet. And I also know that Ryzen 5000 regularly exceeds its max boost by a couple of bins, thoough AMD said, by how much exactly is also down to individual sample quality.

Now I'm wondering how the vanilla 6800 compares to a RTX 3080, when averaging 2.5GHz. On fillrate-limited scenarios it might give even the 3090 a run for its money.

4 days until release, meaning review embargos should be lifted up to 3 days from now?

Not much longer to wait, fortunately.

Back