Windows 10 [2018]

Guys, I would like to remove automatic updates. They bothered me, they restart the computer all the time. What you think about it?
I'll take security flaws being fixed anyday over a very minor inconvenience of my PC restarting on occasion.

Reactions: HLJ
Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Change active hours
The hours you set here should block Windows from automatically rebooting for updates during that time.

Also Settings -> Update & Security ->Advanced Options & turn off 'Restart this device as soon as possible when a restart is required to install an update'.
This should stop it from rebooting automatically at all for updates.

Guys, I would like to remove automatic updates. They bothered me, they restart the computer all the time. What you think about it?
Update to windows 10 1907 or directly to 20H2.

It no longer auto restart after you pressed "goddammit! Stop bugging me! Just restart some time later!" box.

Thank you for this information! I will definitely try to make this update. And maybe updates will finally stop tormenting me.

The randomly wake up from sleep bug still on 20H2 tho hahaha.

Microsoft oh Microsoft. Sleep bugs has been bugging windows since forever

ps: If you want to totally clear the event logs save this text as a *.bat file

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V
IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin
for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")
echo.
echo All Event Logs have been cleared!
goto theEnd

:do_clear
echo clearing %1
wevtutil.exe cl %1
goto :eof

:noAdmin
echo Current user permissions to execute this .BAT file are inadequate.

after today i rebooted my windows 10 due to a new update, it become like this

so weird. it 100% reproducible simply by rebooting.
did you fix that? I updated to the most current version and no issues whatsoever. My headache was the monitor suddenly turning off with HDR on when playing some games but I found a fix using an application for the display.

did you fix that? I updated to the most current version and no issues whatsoever. My headache was the monitor suddenly turning off with HDR on when playing some games but I found a fix using an application for the display.
Updating to 20H2 fixed my issue.

Hdr issue has been on and off across windows updates from the complains I've read on reddit

Posting cause this has been annoying me for months. I listen to spotify constantly 70,127+ tracks last year

about 80% of the days I cant alt-tab away from the app, I have to click minimize to change to another app. Sometimes with a fresh reboot I can alt-tab away from it. So this problem doesnt manifest itself always.
I have disabled hardware acceleration in their app.

Its not a major problem but it is annoying, is their something I can do in windows to stop this behaviour?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/De...ow-when-Spotify-is-the-active-one/m-p/5081546
(note disabling hardware acceleration doesnt work for me)

Whoa, turns out 20H2 (and the updates after it) has been the best Windows 10 in term of stability, bugs. I guess, my luck finally turns around!

Posting cause this has been annoying me for months. I listen to spotify constantly 70,127+ tracks last year

about 80% of the days I cant alt-tab away from the app, I have to click minimize to change to another app. Sometimes with a fresh reboot I can alt-tab away from it. So this problem doesnt manifest itself always.
I have disabled hardware acceleration in their app.

Its not a major problem but it is annoying, is their something I can do in windows to stop this behaviour?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/De...ow-when-Spotify-is-the-active-one/m-p/5081546
(note disabling hardware acceleration doesnt work for me)

if you use windows store spotify, try use normal windows desktop spotify, and vise versa. They are supposedly the exact same app, but to me they have different bugs. dunno why.

OK thanks orangpelupa I installed the spotify from their site (uninstalled the one from the windows store) and even though they look exactly the same, it seems to now let me alt-tab away from the program

Why would anyone use an app on not an actual program on a PC is beyond me?
The windows store app is actually just a normal win32 program wrapped in UWP wrapper.

But for unknown reasons, they have different bugs between the UWP version and normal win32 version.

thanks orangpelupa I installed the spotify from their site (uninstalled the one from the windows store) and even though they look exactly the same, it seems to now let me alt-tab away from the program

Glad it worked!

The windows store app is actually just a normal win32 program wrapped in UWP wrapper.

But for unknown reasons, they have different bugs between the UWP version and normal win32 version.

Again, I understand an app on a tablet...but on PC...nope.

you got
1. automatic update
2. no fussing with install wizard
3. came from a "trusted" store.

1. I do not like automatic updates..I update...not my OS/software.
2. Not a problem for me.
3. Unlike a https with certificate?

Again, apps on a PC make no sense to me.

1. I do not like automatic updates..I update...not my OS/software.
2. Not a problem for me.
3. Unlike a https with certificate?

Again, apps on a PC make no sense to me.
But for a majority of regular users, they're a much better experience.

Netflix app on Win10 is better than using the website in a browser i think

hmm. turns out the latest windows 10 became buggy when the memory was abused.

32GB physical RAM
64GB pagefile

after all was utilized, edge properly shut down some tabs (the tabs became dim). No slow down at all. But mouse left click become buggy. Sometimes 1x = 2x, sometimes 1x = no click.

Back