Mass Effect Legendary Edition [All]

Let's GOOOOOO

I'm a little disappointed they didn't fix some of the fundamental issues like UI. If all they've done is slap some extra sheen on the game, then there are mods that do this for free on the PC version already - along with good controller support which never made it into the PC versions.

If they sell this cheap, like £30 for the whole lot, I may well snap it up on console although what the hell are they going to do with the elevator ride conversations on nextgen consoles!?!?!

I owned Mass Effect on X360, but never got around to playing it for more than a few hours before I got sucked into other games. I've always wanted to go back to it, but it felt really dated to me when I tried. I'm interested in a remaster for sure.

Its possible they give it a C&C treatment but honestly I expect them to do the minimum amount of effort. The mods for the PC versions are excellent (adding back cut content, visual and QoL enhancements) so it would be a tough sell to me if they just port the PC versions to console, slap on a 4K sticker and call it a day.

One of the last great BioWare franchises before the EA metastasized throughout the studio.

One of the last great BioWare franchises before the EA metastasized throughout the studio.

I'm actually surprised they didn't spin-off the ME3 MP into its own F2P client and continue selling card packs / lootboxes. It was a really fun game mode though I stopped playing before they started updating the map content.

This was also announced :smile:

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

Let's hope better fortunes for this than what Andromeda got, although I found that game pretty good as well, certainly better than it's reputation. I haven't finished it though.

Let's hope better fortunes for this than what Andromeda got, although I found that game pretty good as well, certainly better than it's reputation. I haven't finished it though.
I thought the backlash for the bugs was a little overblown, but it was otherwise a decent game in its own right. The writing was hit/miss, but it had potential. I wasn't too fond of the enemy though I wouldn't mind if they did a sequel with a less troubled development.

On the other hand, I'd understand if they continued the story in the Milky Way although they'd have to canonize one of the ME3 endings somehow while creating another compelling enemy. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with the Reapers being the biggest threat ever and then being able to deal with them in ME3. Perhaps there would have to be an extra-galactic invader to up the stakes again.

I do kind of want them to revisit the plot thread in ME2 regarding the dark energy problem and usage of mass effect technology. Who knows, maybe the Scourge in Andromeda is tied to that problem.

Anyways, I'm guessing it'll be quite a few years away since Edmonton will be busy with Dragon Age 4 for the next while. :|

I've only played ME2. Really enjoyed assembling the team and the probe launching noise. Didn't have much desire to play 3. The really silly end game boss probably put me off.

I've only played ME2. Really enjoyed assembling the team and the probe launching noise. Didn't have much desire to play 3. The really silly end game boss probably put me off.

Oh. My. God. :runaway:

I loved the entire trilogy and unexpectedly had a ton of fun with ME3 multiplayer. There was a lot of variety with the playable characters. Though in the end I liked the N7 Shadow the best.

When the remaster is released, it will be a good time to start the series with ME1. Although I firmly believe that as soon as someone plays something else before the first Mass Effect, the best experience has immediately been ruined forever, it is still the best game in the franchise in terms of plot.

When the remaster is released, it will be a good time to start the series with ME1. Although I firmly believe that as soon as someone plays something else before the first Mass Effect, the best experience has immediately been ruined forever, it is still the best game in the franchise in terms of plot.
I really wish they've lavish some effort to adding some variety into some of the original Mass Effect maps because by the end of Mass Effect one I'd been running around the same few maps layouts dozens and dozens of times. You do it a lot, there is no variety and it's gets repetitive incredible quickly.

Back