Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Interview of Nicolas Doucet in french, team ASOBI and director of Japan Studio. Interesting they delay loading of some part because it it too fast. He talks about the genesis of the title. They begin the preproduction by doing some demos with a team of 3 peoples and they produce 80 differents haptic and adaptative trigger demo and he hopes in a few years Astrobot usage of the dualsense will look dated.

Very interesting for people understanding french.

EDIT: They use a little raytracing in Astro Playroom
- They asked to about 60 publishers if they could use their IP in Astro. All of them have said yes.
- About 2 years ago they have done 3 demos to showcase the DualSense features to internal PS studios and some third parties.
- They use a bit of ray tracing for the global lighting
- They add an artificial delay when you respawn after dying
- Astro seems to have a future at Japan Studio particularly since people seem to like it
- Astro's playroom being a PS5 pack-in was their idea (Asobi studio). They wanted to do it in order to show people what Dualsense could bring. And also they wanted to bring some magic gameplay to all types of gamers (casual or family) for the years to come, the only way to do it was with a free game included into all PS5.

- They use a bit of ray tracing for the global lighting

Good, since i thought Astro was showcasing the SSD, controller features etc, some RT in there would be great.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...sQHV5nwd8jlHKkVt_uR1zpvc6DHObbdZ8XSuDyXxkTgnA

''There was a time when a PlayStation console launch and a new WipEout game went hand-in-hand. Those days are gone. Sony Liverpool is now more, and WipEout feels forgotten.''

Im not alone it seems, a wipeout designed entirely for PS5 would be something, along with SSX.
Maybe also a find my own way demo disc, or download....

Last edited:
My stupid BOYFRIEND. Don’t you get it yet? Loves MARVEL AVENGERS and uses controllers to play stuff. Thank god he’s cute.
Ha! I did use my PS3 + Bluetooth remote for Blu-rays but skipped the PS4/Pro as a media player. Given PS5 is quiet, PlayStation will again become my disc media player and I've pre-ordered the media remote.

Well the up to 4 hours of battery time for the controller if the motors in this thing are really used is a bummer.
Sony should really have used a bigger battery for this.

EmOwxzbXcAMSO-H

BC loading time are not interesting and inconsistent.

Finally at least for destiny 2 it is the same measurement and maybe linked to some network stuff.

So Sony just needs to fix their Playstation network?

Back