Destiny 2

Locked to each ecosystem for the moment.
they really need to open it up.

like call of duty, and let mouse and keyboard happen as well like they do on COD. The only issue is dealing with cheaters on PC. But on console, if you let them have their device inputs of choice, that's an ideal win. I would like to see the platforms merge for MP.

I suspect they will once all exclusive content is aligned.

they really need to open it up.

like call of duty, and let mouse and keyboard happen as well like they do on COD. The only issue is dealing with cheaters on PC. But on console, if you let them have their device inputs of choice, that's an ideal win. I would like to see the platforms merge for MP.

I suspect they will once all exclusive content is aligned.

No way is it fair to have M&KB against controllers! It's a huge unfair advantage using a mouse, it'd put so many gamers off. I like competitive shooters, I also like an even playground.

No way is it fair to have M&KB against controllers! It's a huge unfair advantage using a mouse, it'd put so many gamers off. I like competitive shooters, I also like an even playground.
i do agree, but in COD they put the controller type icon beside the player. So you know if they are using MKB, or controller even if they are on console or PC.
I mean, I agree there needs to be some filtering if that's important to you or perhaps and open and closed playlist. But I think it'll open things up to players who enjoy the mouse and keyboard setup without having to need a PC. minus the cheating. and minus the headaches and crashing.

i do agree, but in COD they put the controller type icon beside the player. So you know if they are using MKB, or controller even if they are on console or PC.
I mean, I agree there needs to be some filtering if that's important to you or perhaps and open and closed playlist. But I think it'll open things up to players who enjoy the mouse and keyboard setup without having to need a PC. minus the cheating. and minus the headaches and crashing.

I guess I can't complain too much, I've been playing COD for years and never realised people were using a mouse? Didn't play much of Modern Warfare though, the download became way too big.

destiny 2 have near-zero issue with KB+M vs gamepad, at least from my experience (except for sniper rifle twitch aim). all thanks to the ridiculous auto aim D2 have.

my pvp play with gamepad on PC:

Last edited:
Below are the updated storage requirements for Beyond Light:

EmFSUsgXgAMbKCy

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49751

Tommy McClain

LOL PS4 with their "copying" patching process that requires double space. then i read the PC table.......... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Below are the updated storage requirements for Beyond Light:

EmFSUsgXgAMbKCy

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49751

Tommy McClain

Wow people reupped the D2 thread on here. Crazy times.

The install size was up to 100+ GB on Xbox before, so this is a nice trimming (Assume they'll just re-bloat it over time).

The thing is when I play Destiny it takes too much of my time, so I "quit" and uninstall it frequently, That barrier of having to download it again to play really helps keep me off it. So all that to say, I'm intimately familiar with the download size LOL.

For Beyond light, the new subclasses look awful to me. Very gimmicky and I have no idea how they can be balanced in PVP. Shrug.

Pretty sure I'm going to pass on new light initially. We'll see if I hold strong...

So far not feeling the expansion. Just dabbled so far but.

The taking away planets was bigger than I thought, director is sparse. Only one new area. Dont even give us the full Cosmodrome, how hard can this stuff be?

They rejiggered a lot of stuff like triumphs but cant say it's better.

Sounds really pessimistic, but I stopped caring about whatever story their is ages ago. It's like a soap opera, no matter what happens there's just going to be a new existential threat tomorrow, it cant end. That said some of the past stories were still cool anyway, just as a watch the cutscenes like a tv show. These dont seem to be but I dont know, I think I skipped most so far.

I dont even care about getting the new subclasses really. Just something you have to do I guess. They seem like pretty much the worst possible ideas for new subclasses. They're annoying in crucible, but I guess not as bad as it could have been. But then again nothing is as obnoxiously annoying in game as being...stuck frozen, so there's that.

I dont know what happened to me in crucible but i'm suddenly really awful the last two days. I really cant figure out why, is it some TV setting? I am on Series X now so thats a new variable. The new controller...somehow? I thought maybe default sensitivity changed? I dont know what it is but I'm just awful. I have a .68 KDA in the stats page. It's bad and I have no idea why. Part may be witherhoard is a bugged OHK I just found out, maybe I'm dying a ton to that. Also I'm just going with mostly blues armor so my entire fast dodge/wormhusk build hunter is nerfed I suppose. I also wonder if they're back to SBMM. I always did worse in SBMM (though not this bad).

Europa, I'm not a fan of white snow area in games. It's so bland I cant stand it. So that basically means I hate the entire new area. Cool beans.

Ay least with the exotic cipher I can pick up hard to get exotics like rat king that I never did. Though I'm still debating which to get. I have zero interest in rat king as a weapon, I guess it's just the one I'll never get otherwise. That's no fun. You can earn one cipher per season per account is that the rule?

Yeah probably going to sit this expansion out after a few LOL.

The new light experience is way better now. It properly explain the UX and teach gameplay mechanics.

The beyond light campaign is basically just a copy paste from forsaken DLC campaign formula. But with less set pieces, underwhelming cutscenes, and less engaging story. They removed the level requirement tho, so it's really nice to not need to grind to reach the recommended level

The level Design and the boss encounter itself still as good as usual. None of them are innovative new experience tho, they reused tons of stuff from vanilla D2 even.

Edit:

Basically Beyond Light felt as if it was a free mod made by community. Even visually iconic objects in the new planet are reusing tons of stuff from old planets, but with new icy overlay.

It seems like you can really see the budget squeeze of Bungie leaving Activision.

I notice now they like to a lot of story now with NPC standing there reciting story dialogue, which is the most inexpensive way to tell story(no cutscenes or anything).

Yesterdays population from the Warmind bot: 1.2 million daily players, 348k Steam, 439k Xbox, 427k Playstation, 4.1k Stadia

Xbox has been #1 since it went Gamepass (On September 22) and has always pulled above it's weight in Destiny before then (like 80% of PS players usually even though hardware sales are much lower). But PS got pretty close yesterday. You'd think Serie X would have flooded the zone but maybe it was reverse, maybe all the series X owners tried new games. And Xbox Live outages, or whatever may have done something,

Steam used to be always above Xbox, I think cheating did a lot of harm to it.

Stadia is simply not showing signs of gaining traction even from it's very low starting point.

1.2m total daily players is not great, IIRC a new expansion should do around 1.5, before the expansion I think it had slowly over the months slipped to ~800k. But TBH I'm wait for more numbers, 1 day could just be glitches or something. Weekend should be higher?

Yeah with Activision bungie was helped by 4 different studios, and the resulting game was still too dry, content wise.

Now bungie is alone, everything is even dryer.

what the fork, thats it? the final boss battle and the level leading to the boss battle was

- full of reused places
- no awesome mechanics
- full of stupid busywork

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than Forsaken despite priced MORE expensive than forsaken (with forsaken 40 USD gets you DLC+1 season). WTF

DO NOT BUY THIS. Just play it on gamepass.

Back