Poll: Next Gen purchasing intentions in the next year

Which next gen console would you buy in the next year, subject to availability

• PS5 (either disc or digital)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Xbox Series (either X or S)

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Both

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Neither, don't have the money or will assess games library over the next year

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
I'll probably pick up an XSX at some point since I'm very much in their ecosystem (DOA5, RB4). :rolleyes: I'm not in a rush though since I'm not really playing anything new*, and I have a PC for multiplatform anyway, so at most I'll try my luck in the store come launch day, otherwise, I'll put it off until later.

I can wait for a PS5 Short when there may be an exclusive I want, though that's a Slim chance at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Just got back into Path of Exile and I may pickup Diablo 3 at the next sale (prefer gamepad). Both incidentally have a 4K Scorpio patch, so that would be neat to see downsampled on my 1080p display. Otherwise, I'm still mucking about with DOA5 (of course), which I don't think got a 4K patch anyway.

Ordered the full PS5.

I was a hardcore Xbox 360 guy until the announcement of the Xbox One and then promised never to buy one, hoping that I'd send a message. Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Also skipped PS3. I figure both gen3 PlayStation and Xboxes were pretty awful.

I'll get a Series X when I see some next-gen games that I can't get on the PlayStation 5.

Zero interest in gamepass and zero interest in Series S.

I have a PS5 coming next week and I cancelled my XSX pre-order when I was able to secure a 3080.

It was really the lack of games that made me cancel the XSX this year. I may get it next year if I can get a deal on a PS4Pro trade in.

I have a PS5 coming next week and I cancelled my XSX pre-order when I was able to secure a 3080. It was really the lack of games that made me cancel the XSX this year. I may get it next year if I can get a deal on a PS4Pro trade in.
This is me right now. This year has already been expensive, new iPad Pro, new MacBook Air, new iPhone, new TV, PS5 + SSD, new furniture and now I can get a 3080 but I'd have to cancel the Series X.

Arghhhhh! Does anybody in or near London, want a Series X? It's being delivered on Tuesday by Amazon and I'll charge what I paid for it, base RRP - you just gave to bring cash and pick it up from SE16.

Otherwise, I think I need to cancel the pre-order and buy a Series X the other side of Christmas.

This is me right now. This year has already been expensive, new iPad Pro, new MacBook Air, new iPhone, new TV, PS5 + SSD, new furniture and now I can get a 3080 but I'd have to cancel the Series X.

Arghhhhh! Does anybody in or near London, want a Series X? It's being delivered on Tuesday by Amazon and I'll charge what I paid for it, base RRP - you just gave to bring cash and pick it up from SE16.

Otherwise, I think I need to cancel the pre-order and buy a Series X the other side of Christmas.
I'll think about it.............

Can you not just change the delivery address? I could PPG you and you update the address for sending? (If @London Geezer doesn't want it and you’re 100% sure u want shot!)

Can you not just change the delivery address? I could PPG you and you update the address for sending? (If @London Geezer doesn't want it and you’re 100% sure u want shot!)
I don't think so. Issue 1 is I'd be switching to an address not associated with my payment card and issue 2 is it's a brand new address never used with my Amazon account. I can see the whole order being cancelled. It would just look suspicious. I don't want my account put in poor standing with Amazon given my Prime and Kindle accounts are tied in.

Not even a Walkman in the 80s?? Discman in the 90s? :mrgreen:

Nope. Mom bought me a Sanyo cassette player for my birthday in 1984. Never did own a portable CD player either. I also never bought any Sony TVs, stereos or speakers either. My kids got a PSOne with the 1st Spiderman game for Christmas from my dad in 2001. I might have bought a pair headphones or alarm clock in the last 25 years? That would have been the extent of whatever Sony devices I have ever used. Never understood the fascination with them. I always got similar quality for a cheaper price. “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

Tommy McClain

I don't think so. Issue 1 is I'd be switching to an address not associated with my payment card and issue 2 is it's a brand new address never used with my Amazon account. I can see the whole order being cancelled. It would just look suspicious. I don't want my account put in poor standing with Amazon given my Prime and Kindle accounts are tied in.
I buy and send gifts from Amazon to various addresses but whatever your comfortable with mate - was just a thought :)

If the titles show up that make me really want a next gen, I will get one next year. But if things are slow, I won't feel bad to wait 2-3 years to actually buy one of these machines at all. I really never saw the point in being an early adopter for these things, but oh well. Both machines (ignoring the S) are in serious need of a slim revision. I'd love them to hit the market early on so I could go straight to one of those.

Back