Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

If you have a PSN membership, you are good to go on the PS5. You must just grab the titles when they become available in November and add it to your account.

Add to the account?

As in download them?

Or is there a way to "buy" these free downloads and then I can download them later on the PS5 whenever I get one?

Add to the account?

As in download them?

Or is there a way to "buy" these free downloads and then I can download them later on the PS5 whenever I get one?
Yes, you add them, don't need to download them straight away and can download them 6 months later if you want as long as you have a PSN account. If you default on your PSN account, you lose access to the games so you need to keep the PSN account updated i.e. keep your PSN active. "As with all PS Plus games, you can keep and play them for as long as you have an active subscription."

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-plus-deal-get-a-year-for-3349

I add all the PSN games to my account, even if I don't intend to play them. My nephews/nieces/brother etc. might want to play them at some stage. I have most of the games/demos that came to PSN.

I play The Binding of Isaac Rebirth regularly, I got it on PSN in 2015(?), I love this game and even bought it on Steam to satisfy my need to play it if on PS4 or PC.

Last edited:
Add to the account?

As in download them?

Adding to the library equates to buying a game (for PS+ you buy a game for £0.00). You don’t need to actually download them, the game will stay in your library regardless of whether you download it or not. This is valid for all games, as you can always delete them to make space on your HDD/SDD, and download them again at any point.

Sony own 84% of the console market and were the most popular pre-order console in 148 out 161 monitored markets.

The largest pre-order country for the XSX was... China :D
The largest pre-order country for the PS5 was Japan

Source

Not necessarily largest but the two countries that are the most partisan.

View attachment 4828

No wonder PS5 is safely pushing 2+Ghz. Got the go ahead from AMD.
It’s almost like Sony knew what they were doing.

Yes, you add them, don't need to download them straight away and can download them 6 months later if you want as long as you have a PSN account. If you default on your PSN account, you lose access to the games so you need to keep the PSN account updated i.e. keep your PSN active. "As with all PS Plus games, you can keep and play them for as long as you have an active subscription."

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-plus-deal-get-a-year-for-3349

I add all the PSN games to my account, even if I don't intend to play them. My nephews/nieces/brother etc. might want to play them at some stage. I have most of the games/demos that came to PSN.

I play The Binding of Isaac Rebirth regularly, I got it on PSN in 2015(?), I love this game and even bought it on Steam to satisfy my need to play it if on PS4 or PC.
To clarify, even if you let the sub die and then pick it up later you get access to all the games you’ve added.

Can’t wait to feel this thing!
Isn't that your catch phrase!?! :LOL:

But it is kind of nuts that for PS5, the most nextgen thing everybody is shouting about is the controller. I may have missed discussion on it here but I saw a close-up picture of the mottling pattern on the controller and Pulse headset and it's made up of tiny PlayStation face button symbols:

awXAnGv-1536x948.png

I do get it, and it makes a lot of sense to revamp something that has basically stayed the same for a good 20 years.

Good thinking on Sony's part, as it's true that there is only so much you can push graphics, which ultimately will be pretty same-y between the two main competitors. So what else can they push? "Immersion" and sound.

Also - we probably need all we can get not to think about the elephant in the room (the PS5!)

Good thinking on Sony's part, as it's true that there is only so much you can push graphics, which ultimately will be pretty same-y between the two main competitors. So what else can they push? "Immersion" and sound.

Also a big noticable thing from current gen is load times.
It seems they targeted the things that will be most noticable to mainstream console users.

Just wanted to say something about the dualsense. As i understand it from most of the videos now posted, the general feeling has been that it is a gimmick. Now, this was never my thought. I believed in a small revolution regarding immersion. And all things point towards that my hope is fulfilled. Damn, i am even paying through my nose to get those Pulse-headsets to get the most out of Sonys push for audio, whitch i also applaude! Good times ahead! ❤️

Sorry, had been. English is not my first language. I mean, people are surprised that the dualsense really adds a lot!

It really is the most incredible thing. I wish we talked more of this, but next gen news interrupted this amazing feat.
Loadings were really too long on this game, now they are normal-ish. On PS3 they were even worse (and I had a freeze once).

Back