AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Pretty cool, by the looks of the memory bandwidth slide, they are using 14 Gb/s and not 16 Gb/s GDDR6.
Edit: could be both, but seems to be 16 Gb/s based footnotes

Last edited:
Some points:
* most of the graphs showing AMD results were achieved using the OC (Rage Mode) and some even the "Ryzen 5k + chipset" magic - this is not good
* not a single slide showing Ray Tracing - this telling
* the cut down version got still whole 128MB cache

Some points:
* most of the graphs showing AMD results were achieved using the OC (Rage Mode) and some even the "Ryzen 5k + chipset" magic - this is not good

6900XT used both rage mode and direct access
6800XT graphs used none of those
6800 graph used only direct access

About ray tracing we already knew, and it would have not been anyway a fair comparison because no game out there has optimizations for RDNA2 and they are all RTX sauce

Some points:

1) I believe they clearly marked the benchmarks using the OC and other features and then clearly show how much the other featuers are adding to it

2) one of the youtubers who got the majority of this right said its faster than the 2xx0 series but not as fast as the 30x0 series. Whatever it is it will run much faster than the consoles which is what the majority of devs will target

3) Adjusting the ram speed is most likely enough to change the performance , the cache speed also changes with clocks of the chip i'd wager

and comes with 16GB VRAM,

i'd prefer 6800 over 3070 easily

ewix6qavyfzii9fnl9j79.jpg
I've fallen in love with the 6800. Btw.....

So yeah not showing RT is not good for me, even if the rumors are true... How can you not show the big progress in graphics...
they have RT, they mentioned it in the presentation several times, as part of Fidelity FX features

they have RT, they mentioned it in the presentation several times, as part of Fidelity FX features

The open question is in rt performance. It's heavy and dips framerate on nvidia cards. If it was faster on amd that would be great, if it's much slower it might not be at all usable. Many gamers in rt titles prefer using dlss to get the performance back to excellent levels.

So yeah not showing RT is not good for me, even if the rumors are true... How can you not show the big progress in graphics...

Looks like they made marketing deals so we might find out more on the days of the videos

Dirt 5 feature video oct 29th
Godfall - Nov 2
WOW - nov 10th
Rift breaker - nov 12th
Farcry 6 - nov 17

so perhaps performance will be shared then.

The open question is in rt performance. It's heavy and dips framerate on nvidia cards. If it was faster on amd that would be great, if it's much slower it might not be at all usable. Many gamers in rt titles prefer using dlss to get the performance back to excellent levels.

Precisely. I don't mind using DLSS to achieve "playable" performance at high resolution + high quality settings + RT. If AMD's RT performance isn't up to par then that makes this a less compelling offering.

So we expect consoles at about half the performance to run 4k RT at 30-60fps but these new cards are unable to?

Back