Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

And also - if US Journalists can release their reviews on a given day, then DF a few days later releases their tech focused deep dive, then that should be quite satisfying.

the shop where i preodered mine called me today to tel me that they would avoid to deliver my ps5 at a relay point like i asked because they are afraid of trucks heists like for PS4 launch, so they asked me if i could simply go to the shop to get it on time.

the shop where i preodered mine called me today to tel me that they would avoid to deliver my ps5 at a relay point like i asked because they are afraid of trucks heists like for PS4 launch, so they asked me if i could simply go to the shop to get it on time.
I am absolutely excited to own my first PlayStation. I am also absolutely terrified that I can be jumped for it.

First playstation console ever?
lol yup. I didn't really do a proper console generation since XBO. Before that, I owned the xboxes, but it was just to play fighting games that would never come to PC, namely Soul Caliburs, Street Fighters and the DoA series and Mass Effect which didn't come to PC at the time either. The only other console I actually owned was NES.
So..
Nintendo, Xbox One were the only 2 consoles that have been 'mains'. PC was everything else. I inherited a NSW which my kids play.

With the constant tennis elbow bit I keep getting from mouse overuse, not sure if I'm just getting old, this next coming gen, the consoles will be mains. And PS5 will be my first PlayStation ever, no more having to go over to my buddies place. lol

I think losing RTS was a major loss for gaming imo. It's so defining as a genre and synonymous with eSports. True 1 on 1 eSports, just like Quake 1v1. Most eSports games are now team based. Which is fine, but it's like watching Football and Tennis, and then Tennis suddenly went away and you're only left with Football.

Last edited:
lol yup. I didn't really do a proper console generation since XBO. Before that, I owned the xboxes, but it was just to play fighting games that would never come to PC, namely Soul Caliburs, Street Fighters and the DoA series and Mass Effect which didn't come to PC at the time either. The only other console I actually owned was NES.
So..
Nintendo, Xbox One were the only 2 consoles that have been 'mains'. PC was everything else. I inherited a NSW which my kids play.

With the constant tennis elbow bit I keep getting from mouse overuse, not sure if I'm just getting old, this next coming gen, the consoles will be mains. And PS5 will be my first PlayStation ever, no more having to go over to my buddies place. lol.

Ah ok well ive always had PC + PS, its one of the better combos. Good luck with the first playstation experience. I always liked them @ launch, its the hype and the first games experience. Il never forget getting the PS2 with SSX in oct 2000. PC remains the best platform ofc abit of games from both sides and best versions :)
Oh and you dont have to play with a mouse, i do only for MP or FPS, the rest with the DS4 and later dual sense will see both pc and ps5 use.

I think the the kids will like the PS5 too besides the switch, here they love the PS4 for spiderman and PSVR wipeout (i love wipeout too). Besides all the warring because many do here, the PS is just a perfect sidekick to have imo, their great consoles and so is the xboxes.

Ah ok well ive always had PC + PS, its one of the better combos. Good luck with the first playstation experience. I always liked them @ launch, its the hype and the first games experience. Il never forget getting the PS2 with SSX in oct 2000. PC remains the best platform ofc abit of games from both sides and best versions :)
Oh and you dont have to play with a mouse, i do only for MP or FPS, the rest with the DS4 and later dual sense will see both pc and ps5 use.

I think the the kids will like the PS5 too besides the switch, here they love the PS4 for spiderman and PSVR wipeout (i love wipeout too). Besides all the warring because many do here, the PS is just a perfect sidekick to have imo, their great consoles and so is the xboxes.
nah my kids are too young. lol.
PS5 will only be for exclusives. The other 2 platforms are my main libraries, so I'll just add to those instead of building a new library.

The worst! They sent PS5s, everyone said they got one, everyone showed the box, and there is still an embargo of unknown length on any sort of actual information about the PS5. I was hoping we’d get a weekend of coverage but I’m starting to think it’s gonna be a few days.
Maddening but funny as hell.
At least they got actual consoles and not beta/demo kits.

Last edited:
I think losing RTS was a major loss for gaming imo. It's so defining as a genre and synonymous with eSports. True 1 on 1 eSports, just like Quake 1v1. Most eSports games are now team based. Which is fine, but it's like watching Football and Tennis, and then Tennis suddenly went away and you're only left with Football.
I love eSports, especially the team based games. CSGO and Dota 2 are my eSport fixes when I am not playing. Currently ESL One Germany Dota 2 comp on and watching the Pros play is gobsmacking. Love it!!

I love eSports, especially the team based games. CSGO and Dota 2 are my eSport fixes when I am not playing. Currently ESL One Germany Dota 2 comp on and watching the Pros play is gobsmacking. Love it!!
it can be pretty exciting. I'm still sort of in awe that Dota 2 made it as an eSport. The game is soooo complex. It's hard to really know who is winning, the builds, the picks etc. just by spectating. It's not something a casual can just randomly watch and get into it.

Yeah, watching them go from almost losing to winning in a minute or two is amazing, but then most of the pros have been playing since WC Dota. Watching OG win TI two years in a row and the first team to win TI a second time was amazing. This year the meta is even more bonkers at this point in time.

Also watching Miracle~ kill Roshan in 1 sec with the Arc Warden last year was awesome! Never seen it before or since. Even the casters were going crazy.

Yeah, watching them go from almost losing to winning in a minute or two is amazing, but then most of the pros have been playing since WC Dota. Watching OG win TI two years in a row and the first team to win TI a second time was amazing. This year the meta is even more bonkers at this point in time.

Also watching Miracle~ kill Roshan in 1 sec with the Arc Warden last year was awesome! Never seen it before or since. Even the casters were going crazy.

lol I didn't think that was possible

I am absolutely excited to own my first PlayStation. I am also absolutely terrified that I can be jumped for it.
I just remembered something. Do yourself a favour. First game you buy must be God of War. Then play it. You will never regret the decision.

I just finished NG+ and while I hadn't touched the game in about 5 months, the final scene at Jotunheim is still the most epic, beautiful, stunning scenes ever in a game. The game really deserved it's 10/10 rating.

I just remembered something. Do yourself a favour. First game you buy must be God of War. Then play it. You will never regret the decision.

I just finished NG+ and while I hadn't touched the game in about 5 months, the final scene at Jotunheim is still the most epic, beautiful, stunning scenes ever in a game. The game really deserved it's 10/10 rating.
Lol yea I have the disc here with me. All my buddies have PlayStation so I’ve been keenly watching the BC news in hopes of some enhancements. A lot of titles to go through

Back