Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

If you are the only one using it I think the original strap may be ok. But as soon as you swap players frequently the elite strap is probably essential. I certainly switched very quickly.

I have played a lot. Boxing is great but one three round match of 2 minutes can really wear you out!

I love table tennis. For me that by itself was worth the purchase. But Beat Saber is great too of course.

I find the strap really uncomfortable and it does not keep the headset in place. Might be my head shape, don't know. Never had issues with PSVR strap. Perfect since the first time I put it on. The sweet spot on the lens seems to be smaller than on PSVR as well and it gets foggy very easily. I hope the elite strap helps otherwise I'm not sure I'll keep it. Shame if I bring it back as the screen is very impressive and Virtual Desktop seems to work well.

I will basically guarantee you the elite strap helps, though nothing beats the PSVR for comfort.

I played beat saber on PSVR again after a lot of Beat Saber on Quest and what stands out is the comfort of the headset and the controllers, and also the framerate a little.

And of course being able to easily add accounts to the PS4 and have different save games on them is a big plus too on PS4, which the Quest really needs to get as well.

But otherwise the quest is perfect.

So Facebook really is enforcing the mandatory oculus link to the social networks, to the point of banning all the accounts specifically created to use the headset.

I thought they'd try to lure people to make that link with extra features and games, not that they'd go full draconian on the subject.

So what happens to people who didn't have a Facebook account prior to purchasing the headset?

So Facebook really is enforcing the mandatory oculus link to the social networks, to the point of banning all the accounts specifically created to use the headset.

I thought they'd try to lure people to make that link with extra features and games, not that they'd go full draconian on the subject.

So what happens to people who didn't have a Facebook account prior to purchasing the headset?
If not a fb user,
You create a new fb account to use Quest 2. But some people got instant banned for doing that. Some also got banned after a day or two (some speculate this is because the new fb account sits idle, no posts, no activity).

If you have old oculus account with a bunch of games and create new fb account, you also risk getting banned same as example above.

This all oculus games also poof

Very impressed with wireless streaming and starting to realize my VR area is actually quite small. It was fine for PSVR but I easily see the barriers if I move a bit with the Oculus. On the other hand my GTX1060 is shitting itself in anything more demanding than the Waltz of the Wizard. Even The Lab experiences can be stressing enough! RTX 3070 or AMD 6000 series can't be available quickly enough! I'm tempted to go back to Skyrim VR despite having spent already 100+ hours on PSVR.

Very impressed with wireless streaming and starting to realize my VR area is actually quite small. It was fine for PSVR but I easily see the barriers if I move a bit with the Oculus. On the other hand my GTX1060 is shitting itself in anything more demanding than the Waltz of the Wizard. Even The Lab experiences can be stressing enough! RTX 3070 or AMD 6000 series can't be available quickly enough! I'm tempted to go back to Skyrim VR despite having spent already 100+ hours on PSVR.

Yoinks. I forgot that q2 will Demand higher performance... Higher resolution, higher frame rate...

On q1 some games needs 80-90% render resolution for gtx 1660 super to consistently render at 72fps

You can adjust how quickly it shows the barriers, that is quite useful.

I’m having a rest day from the Quest, to let my body recover [emoji16]

Someone was bragging on oculus quest subreddit that they found a way to bypass Facebook requirement! 3 other redditirs says it does work.

They say the method is in quest private discord

You can adjust how quickly it shows the barriers, that is quite useful.

I’m having a rest day from the Quest, to let my body recover [emoji16]

Personality I prefer with the barrier totally disabled. Pass thru no longer work tho.

Someone was bragging on oculus quest subreddit that they found a way to bypass Facebook requirement! 3 other redditirs says it does work.

They say the method is in quest private discord

Personality I prefer with the barrier totally disabled. Pass thru no longer work tho.

Pass through of what? I'm such a quest noob lol..

Edit - aaaah, you mean the camera!

Another thing I noticed versus the PSVR - vibration is really mild on the Quest controllers.

On the other hand, the battery life is amazing, and certainly makes up for that. They’re still indicating they are completely filled and that’s after quite a lot of playing.

Of course my Move controllers are quite literally a decade old or whatever so it is a miracle they recharge at all. One of the batteries is also clearly weaker so I will probably try to replace it sometime soon.

But yeah, while I still think the PSVR resolution isn’t bad for a lot of the cool stuff like Beat Saber, Dreams, Astrobot etc, the resolution on the Quest is really a lot better.

The 3D cinema trailers are also pretty cool by the way. Gets pretty close to the real theatre experience.

I played table tennis with a lady from Germany yesterday with voice chat, was neat, she had a kid one year younger than mine, was one year older than my girlfriend and her husband is one year younger than me.

Any suggestions of PCVR games apart from the usual suspects? There seems to be a lot of games on Steam but loads look to be very low quality. PSVR has its share of low quality as well, but I think I'm start to see why some people say it has a better library. I've also played loads on PSVR that also exist on PCVR, so my options are naturally more limited. I'm looking to eventually get:

- Asgard's Wrath
- Stormland
- Fallout 4 VR
- The Mage's Tale
- Vanishing Realms
- Hellblade

But not really seeing as much quality content as I was expecting.

Any suggestions of PCVR games apart from the usual suspects? There seems to be a lot of games on Steam but loads look to be very low quality. PSVR has its share of low quality as well, but I think I'm start to see why some people say it has a better library. I've also played loads on PSVR that also exist on PCVR, so my options are naturally more limited. I'm looking to eventually get:

- Asgard's Wrath
- Stormland
- Fallout 4 VR
- The Mage's Tale
- Vanishing Realms
- Hellblade

But not really seeing as much quality content as I was expecting.

VR girlfriend
Alyx
Google Earth

VR Girlfriend? Really? Lol
Got Google Earth yeah, very cool!
Hahaha VR girlfriend have the most interactive NPC. AFAIK no other games gets close to it.

Or now there's other games that's more interactive than vr girlfriend? It's been quite awhile since I dig into vr games (except beat saber).

Back