Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

As someone who just want to launch single player games, this ui seems way to messy.

I hope I can disable a lot of shown stuff. Just bring me folder création where I can put my games and that's it.

As someone who just want to launch single player games, this ui seems way to messy.

I hope I can disable a lot of shown stuff. Just bring me folder création where I can put my games and that's it.

if i understood correctly, thoses vignettes mode is a sub menu, at the end of the video they show the "main" menu at a cold boot, which was more classical, and should suit you better, i guess if you don't want to, you will not have to use those vignettes menus.

if i understood correctly, thoses vignettes mode is a sub menu, at the end of the video they show the "main" menu at a cold boot, which was more classical, and should suit you better, i guess if you don't want to, you will not have to use those vignettes menus.

I hope. I wonder why they didn't show the main menu first. I believe you're right, but the presentation was confusing, for me, so I hope we'll have more info soon.

If I can avoid being spoiled by Youtube thumbnails while trying to look up specific hints I'm all for it.
I ****** hate this so much specially that I wasn't able to get any preorders and I scour the web a lot.
It's so easy to get spoiled nowadays and I just can't drop web browsing altogether. In the future, I hope we have more blocks for it

IMO OK I have never seen the ps 1,2,3 or 4 UIs so no idea how they worked but I had a look at the video of the 'amazing' ps5 UI and I cant see whats so special about it, It looks pretty much I how I imagined a console UI to be.
I can only assume using UIs in a console until now were pretty dire, if this is so groundbreaking

IMO OK I have never seen the ps 1,2,3 or 4 UIs so no idea how they worked but I had a look at the video of the 'amazing' ps5 UI and I cant see whats so special about it, It looks pretty much I how I imagined a console UI to be.
I can only assume using UIs in a console until now were pretty dire, if this is so groundbreaking

Compare it to the garbage fire that is Big Screen mode then ;)

I quite like the new UI! Elegant, fast, tons of new options for jumping in the specific game spots [powered by fast SSD], and services that were previously full screen affairs are now small popups.

Some of the more intriguing things are the "Switcher" option in the Command Center and the fact that the OS did not prompt that Sackboy game will be closed when jumping to PlayStation Allstars MP lobby.

IMO, Switcher will showcase listing of activity shortcuts for all installed games, and Sackboy game WAS closed when moving to another game, but the game made quicksave&new activity shorcut before shutdown so player can jump back into the same spot whenever.

Last edited:
I quote like the new UI! Elegant, fast, tons of new options for jumping in the specific game spots [powered by fast SSD], and services that were previously full screen affairs are now small popups.

Some of the more intriguing things are the "Switcher" option in the Command Center and the fact that the OS did not prompt that Sackboy game will be closed when jumping to PlayStation Allstars MP lobby.

IMO, Switcher will showcase listing of activity shortcuts for all installed games, and Sackboy game WAS closed when moving to another game, but the game made quicksave&new activity shorcut before shutdown so player can jump back into the same spot whenever.
Very good point!

In defence of the point, yea I guess UI for controllers can be challenging over a m+Kb setup

The UI looks nice. I agree with mpg1 that it looks a bit like it's encouraging "productivity". I like that you can enter different levels/hub of a game straight from the menu.

The loading of Destruction All-Stars wasn't as quick as some are expecting here. Took a good few seconds. Fast, just not 2seconds fast. Loading different areas in Sackboy was lightning fast though.

Picture-in-picture is nice, I just can't see myself using it to watch someone else play.
WRT loading time, I suspect that some of that time is saving and closing Sackboy - either way how does the time compare to switching XBSX games?

I thought it was an odd choice too...the obvious choice would have been Sackboy

I do not believe Sony does.

There have been handful of articles about this recently, however many of them are merely spreading the same original rumor. There were very few that actually included more information. I can not find a good one right now.

I think the summary (unsure if its the truth or not) was more that end users may report audio conversations and when they do so then clips may be provided to Sony to investigate, but I can't be absolutely certain on that aspect as well.

Any truth to all the YT comments saying 'sony records our conversation'? If so, how can that be legal in the EU?
None at all. Pro-tip For "Any truth to all the YT comments saying...X" the answer for X is no. Always.

What drove the panic is that PS5 will now allow you to record snippets of Party Chat to report people to moderators for being shits in party chat, as such the PS now displays a warning that you may be recorded by a 3rd party

I do not believe Sony does.

There have been handful of articles about this recently, however many of them are merely spreading the same original rumor. There were very few that actually included more information. I can not find a good one right now.

I think the summary (unsure if its the truth or not) was more that end users may report audio conversations and when they do so then clips may be provided to Sony to investigate, but I can't be absolutely certain on that aspect as well.
Its the same thing as reporting users and their text conversations as proof of miscontact. Unless they are hiding something extra

What drove the panic is that PS5 will now allow you to record snippets of Party Chat to report people to moderators for being shits in party chat, as such the PS now displays a warning that you may be recorded by a 3rd party
It's this. People may report other people using the party chat recordings. Sony will not monitor chats. Sony however can use the sent in party chats recordings and punish people if they deem user has done something that wrong.

Also, a number of people in the US have reported that they have got emails from retailers saying that they will receive their PS5 accessories on 30 November with PS5 launch date of 12 Nov..

In the UK, users have reported emails saying they will receive their accessories on 12 November, PS5 launch date 19 Nov.

Last edited:
Back