Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I wonder how GT Sports holds up
If you mean as a realistic simulation, pretty good I'd say. Lewis Hamilton likes so much the game that he has a full GTS setup at home and has made 10 laps to be sold as DLC. I don't think he likes to play the game because of the graphics.

There are other more actual closer to sim racers than GT. But yea it may be a bit more boring.

If you mean as a realistic simulation, pretty good I'd say. Lewis Hamilton likes so much the game that he has a full GTS setup at home and has made 10 laps to be sold as DLC. I don't think he likes to play the game because of the graphics.
hehehehe, real life F1 drivers even perform some testing xD

There are other more actual closer to sim racers than GT. But yea it may be a bit more boring.
give F1 2020 a try -I got it for the PC-, also you have F1 2018 on gamepass PC (an excellent game), which are games that you can play for 8-10 hours straight and don't get bored, so to speak. The strategy, performing tests with the car, the use of the ERS, DRS, knowing how to manage de degradation of the tires and the best use of fuel.... It's an entirely different thing.

hehehehe, real life F1 drivers even perform some testing xD

give F1 2020 a try -I got it for the PC-, also you have F1 2018 on gamepass PC (an excellent game), which are games that you can play for 8-10 hours straight and don't get bored, so to speak. The strategy, performing tests with the car, the use of the ERS, DRS, knowing how to manage de degradation of the tires and the best use of fuel.... It's an entirely different thing.
lol yea for sure, sometimes I just want to race, but yea I get where you're going with that.

Some people really love sim, and the need to manage everything is what real racing is about. But sometimes you just want to race ;)

GTS already have proper tire wear strategy, pit strategy, fuel mix strategy, fuel consumption strategy, proper qualifying and grid/rolling start depending on the event, but you can always participate only in the shorter races with no fuel consumption, no pitstop, no tire wear, and car damage disabled.

There are real world drivers like David Perel who you might meet in GTS, but you'd need to be rated at the top tier of both performance and sportsmanship. Since the match making is based on both performance and sportsmanship, how "clean" you race puts you with identical clean/agressive drivers, and also grouped with similar general lap times.

Basically if you drive like a dick, they match you with other dicks. And if you're a very fast dick with world record lap times, you still race against other very fast dicks.

lol yea for sure, sometimes I just want to race, but yea I get where you're going with that.

Some people really love sim, and the need to manage everything is what real racing is about. But sometimes you just want to race ;)
as I said, F1 2018 is on gamepass PC -btw, got F1 2020 today, Seventy Edition-.

Launch the game, play My Career mode, you will be always racing (the strategy involved is always in race). Give it a t ry, trust me on this one.

Probably more to do with it being your 16 lap.
it could well be, but in my experience, at 165fps you drive a lot better. At 60fps the framerate is relatively smooth, but gets a bit "jumpy", you see certain transitions. The wheel animation also isn't as smooth at 60fps compared to 165fps.

Still, in wide tracks with long turns, you can do well at 60fps. However, in tracks like Baku or Monaco, at 165 fps you have like 100% less chance to crush against a wall and react much better and fast sharp turns.

That being said, a nice spot to experience smoothness and have the highest possible resolution -say 1440p- at the same time is around 75-77fps. That extra smoothness feels very nice and your GPU doesnt suffer at all.

Some concrete details here;
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/gran-turismo-7/
  • Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.*
  • Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
  • Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.
looking forward to playing this, so sad I didn't get a universal wheel or something. fuck.

• Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.*
  • Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
  • Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.
looking forward to playing this, so sad I didn't get a universal wheel or something. fuck.
Audio sounds very nice, really hope there is way to get head tracking to work with headphones some way.
Would be awesome to able to follow sound sources by turning head or try to pinpoint them with small movements.

Yes, headtracking + 3D audio is what makes many VR experiences so immersive. But I don't expect that to be implemented in regular flat games. Audio calculation is tied to the position of main camera, not user's head.

• Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.

RT reflections at 60fps is impressive. Looks like a combination of cube-mapped reflections for the tree transparencies while RT reflections for other stuff. I hope PD is also able to implement RT GI so we can get dynamic time transitions back.

o0SjTB6.gif

RT reflections at 60fps is impressive. Looks like a combination of cube-mapped reflections for the tree transparencies while RT reflections for other stuff. I hope PD is also able to implement RT GI so we can get dynamic time transitions back.

o0SjTB6.gif
Really regret not buying a universal wheel. Lol. Aaaaa

o0SjTB6.gif

There's always something special about the way cars are lit, shaded etc in GT games. On this, the way the interior of the headlamps change as they get closer to the camera. /chiefs kiss

Back