Evidently, Crysis is coming back [2020]

First Crysis Remasteres YT videos are out. Different modes for Ps4Pro: Raytracing (1080), Quality (1800?) and Performance?

Last edited:
Crysis is killing PCs again. The game's framerate at Very High 1080p is 38fps on a 2080Ti. :oops:

Also, the game has a "secret" setting called "Can it run Crysis?" where the LOD completely disappears! And the Raytracing achieves sick levels.

Proof, this live stream.

A3LwJQT.jpg

Did the testers get the final version? I've read some comments, that Crytekis still working on the funal version (current version with DX11, Vulkan shall come).

On another forum read a comment the game is still massively single thread CPU limited as always. So yes, it's hard to run but evidently not for any good reasons. Kinda yech.

Oh well I'm still getting it, if possible. Supposedly is $30. Not showing on the Xbox store despite supposed release tomorrow.

Yes even today it's CPU limited, still melting highest end Intel stuff ;)

CryTek were targetting a future 10 GHz P4 as a baseline and pushed things even further so that Crysis could take advantage of even faster CPUs than a 10 GHz P4 when they came out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4

At the launch of the Pentium 4, Intel stated that NetBurst-based processors were expected to scale to 10 GHz after several fabrication process generations.

At the time they started development that's the guidance that Intel was giving developers...and everyone else in the Tech industry.

Problem was, that never happened and the silicon wall was looming on the horizon which forced everyone go to wide with multiple cores versus a very high clocked single CPU core.

Unfortunately for CryTek there was no way they could have seen that coming when they started work on Crysis. Noone saw it coming.

Regards,
SB

Did the testers get the final version? I've read some comments, that Crytekis still working on the funal version (current version with DX11, Vulkan shall come).

They're releasing a remake of Crysis on DX11??
well, most of the games I play perform quite a lot better on DX11 than DX12 for whatever reason. Resident Evil 2 Remake is the only game I chose to run using DX12 instead of 11 but just 'cos the game has a glitch on my PC when I reach the display at the very beginning of Claire's campaign -DX 12 = no glitch there for me-.

Currently playing Crysis 3 -not so fun atm-. What surprises me the most is that -like in other games- no matter if I set the graphics to maximum settings, it looks better to me at Low.

The game runs at 65-90fps on Max settings but at Low settings runs at 165fps. It happens in soooo many games. Sure Ultra has some extra details but the game feels and looks worse to me compared to Low -as long as Low keeps the framerates high- and can't define why.

Last edited:
They're releasing a remake of Crysis on DX11??
I hope, no. And this is why:
On another forum read a comment the game is still massively single thread CPU limited as always. So yes, it's hard to run but evidently not for any good reasons. Kinda yech.

Oh well I'm still getting it, if possible. Supposedly is $30. Not showing on the Xbox store despite supposed release tomorrow.

The game is highly CPU limited on "Can it run Crysis".

(German language, difficult language, but look at the Afterburner's data on the left).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Crysis was the pinnacle of videogame graphics when it came out, and the remaster is nothing like that, me thinks. A mod/addon at best, so just another saber cashgrab, they turned the game into a console port on the PC.
I know it's always easy to say bad things about the work of others, but I could not escape that conclusion... sadly.

I bought the game yesterday and I'm surprised, who good it runs on my Xbox One (Motion Blur disabled). Sometime I see some tearing. Even in the "Achieved with Cryengine" intro I see tearing.
I finished the first level and it feels harder than on PC (original) or Crysis 2 (PC) with the Xbox One controller. In the original game the Armor mode is the standard mode and you can switch to the other modes, in Crysis 2 you must activate it with LB or Q. But Crysis 1 is not Crysis 2, it's a different gameplay.

Dunno if there's been a patch yet but on X One X I can report:

Turned RT on=massive graphical corruption
HDR on=massive graphical corruption
Quality mode=massive graphical corruption

Literally the only playable mode is performance, no RT no HDR no Quality

Some people seem to play on quality on X One X, why would my experience be different? No idea, maybe I need to reinstall, but cant be arsed.

Terribleeeee.

Game itself seems decent fun, seems easier than PC and controller seems to play very smooth, I also prefer checkpoints to the ratchet old "fire one bullet then save" PC system that constantly forced you into bugged out states with no recourse.

On One X performance, the water is...clear. Dont know how else to describe it, not sure if it's supposed to be good or bad. It seems to lack polish though.

Graphics still look nice today despite only 15GB, makes me wonder why stuff like COD needs 200?

Crysis is much like SF 2, constantly suckering me out of $ every few years (but I did actually put heavy playtime into SF2 in my younger days at least and loved it). I still consider buying a switch for handheld Crysis (and not playing that either)

Dunno if there's been a patch yet but on X One X I can report:

Turned RT on=massive graphical corruption
HDR on=massive graphical corruption
Quality mode=massive graphical corruption

Literally the only playable mode is performance, no RT no HDR no Quality

Some people seem to play on quality on X One X, why would my experience be different? No idea, maybe I need to reinstall, but cant be arsed.

Terribleeeee.

Game itself seems decent fun, seems easier than PC and controller seems to play very smooth, I also prefer checkpoints to the ratchet old "fire one bullet then save" PC system that constantly forced you into bugged out states with no recourse.

Graphics still look nice today despite only 15GB, makes me wonder why stuff like COD needs 200?

Crysis is much like SF 2, constantly suckering me out of $ every few years. I still consider buying a switch for handheld Crysis (and not playing that either)

Almost sounds like 90's pc gaming :p

OK, after seeing more, I have to say that while I find the improvements to lighting and usage of software RT to be incredibly impressive (more so than almost all hardware RT titles, except maybe Control)...

Why? WHY?!?!?!?!?

Why did they use the console version of the game. Just because of this, the original Crysis is still in most ways superior to the remaster. /sigh. There are so many missing things in the the remaster that just look wrong or bad because of this choice. It's absolutely mind boggling that if you're going to do a remaster of such an iconic tech showpiece, that you should use the iconic tech showpiece as the base upon which you build...not the crippled version with so much of the technology cut and missing.

ARGH!

So, frustrating... At times it looks better than the original and at other times it looks sooo SOOOO much worse.

Regards,
SB

Back