Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

80€?? That is 20€ up!? They are insane. If you buy DE half a year down the line you will be paying double the physical price, probably more expensive in long run.

They wanted to hit 399/499$ but this is not a good deal. 20€ price hike is embarassing.

This is horrible. The problem I think it will be the same for all next generation AAAs. I will buy less and less game day one. And I will not buy a PS5 DE.

Europeans comrades, about the PS5 DE:

tumblr_mh9cogeWKF1qfk87to1_500.gif

20 Euro more expensive games us the Trap, I guess?
oh I missed the +20 Euro.

oh snap... that's like +30 canadian. We are now paying 89.96 CAD before tax for next gen titles.
I'm not sure how that lines up to Euro.. but 80 euro is like.. 120 CAD lol. I mean I was in pain because after tax we are $101 CAD, I don't like swearing publicly but... fuck. 120? lol.. shit.. 4 games is a PS5

20 Euro more expensive games is the Trap, I guess?
A 33% increase from 60.

oh I missed the +20 Euro.

oh snap... that's like +30 canadian. We are now paying 89.96 CAD before tax for next gen titles.
I'm not sure how that lines up to Euro.. but 80 euro is like.. 120 CAD lol. I mean I was in pain because after tax we are $101 CAD, I don't like swearing publicly but... fuck. 120? lol.. shit.. 4 games is a PS5

Lol they will probably make more with €399/€80 then €599/€60 over console lifecycle. Damn...

Wrong. A lot of PS4 games are already 69.99 Euro.

Me either. It’s a steep increase. We only got $10 increase here in Canada. But it’s still pretty high. After tax we do hit the $100 bill.

Last edited:
But. Why. Is this a new thing?

No it's been around at least 20 years.

My office got robbed of laptops several years ago. They had Kensington locks and cables. The thieves just pried the prong out of the slot in the laptops, probably damaging some of them but it didn't deter them too much.

Me either. It’s a steep increase. We only got $10 here in Canada. But it’s still pretty high. After tax we do hit the $100 bill.

Yeah that's just crazy. Though I do remember the N64 days where games were like $80-$120CAD depending on the game/retailer.

I think in today world it's going to harder to justify. I feel like these prices will just accelerate subscription services.

That ratio is more than I expected, 4 : 22 (~15%). I was expecting more of a 1 : 9 (~ 10%).

Code:
PS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)
(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

PS5 Digital Edition: Approx. 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)
(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

What does "excludes largest projection" mean? Are these dimensions not that of the smallest box that can enclose it?

Back