PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

Does the amount of players on GamePass benefit them financially?
apart from what @Davros said, some people might decide to buy the game if they like it. In addition, some other people buy DLC (I purchased some DLC for Alien Isolation in the gamepass PC version for instance).

Also, this could help sales of the franchise or related games. For instance, I had F1 2015 and 2017. After playing F1 2018 on gamepass PC I decided to buy F1 2020 day one on PC (steam).

I would guess the deal has some sort of correlation between the number of installs and the amount ms pays them

It depends. There were some articles talking to small indie devs where they described their experience. Some had received a upfront payment, which was more than worth it to them.

Does the amount of players on GamePass benefit them financially?

MS have expressed surprise that many players trying games on Gamepass go on and buy the actual game.

That's before you get into whatever deal has been struck to get the game on the service. I suspect payment is quite varied, as the time titles hang around for is.

From Eurogamer:

Here is the confirmed list of Xbox Game Pass games coming to consoles in July and August:
  • Darksiders: Genesis (added August 6th, 2020)
  • It Lurks Below (added August 6th, 2020)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (added August 6th, 2020)
  • Trailmakers (added August 6th, 2020)
  • UnderMine (added August 6th, 2020)
  • Xeno Crisis (added August 6th, 2020)
  • Final Fantasy VII HD (added August 6th, 2020)
  • Tell Me Why - Chapter 1 (added August 21st, 2020)

Currently playing, We Happy Few.

one of the best months on PC?

EfuH0meUwAARa9k

If you had the Game Streaming preview Android app you could stream from your local Xbox to the Android device. This opens all your Xbox games to your Android device, not just those on Game Pass. I'm hoping the local console streaming portion of the app makes it to the new mobile Xbox app soon.

Tommy McClain

how beautiful Tell me Why is, and it is pretty addictive. I am playing it a native 1440p, deafult settings -the game set everything to max-. The clothes look soooo real, and the hair is very well done. The game impresses quite a lot.

BkfvXrQ.jpg

nxDQc8d.jpg

TybjSw1.jpg

g8GuVyJ.jpg

XW20EBe.jpg

LiAkmHe.jpg

qraAK7i.jpg

izsXMi4.jpg

That's actually extremely generous of MS if you don't need Ultimate to get access to EA Play on Game Pass PC.

I have no plan to get Ultimate so that's great.

Regards,
SB

EA Play added to gamepass PC! (also to gamepass Ultimate) This is historic, the best news ever regarding the next generation

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/get-ea-play-with-xbox-game-pass-at-no-additional-cost/
That's actually extremely generous of MS if you don't need Ultimate to get access to EA Play on Game Pass PC.

I have no plan to get Ultimate so that's great.

Regards,
SB
EA Play is not some highly generous GamePass PC subscription service, it's old games with a push for users to spend on microtransactions and DLC for those games, and for users to upgrade to Play Premium. Neither EA nor MS are being altruistic good guys here. Both companies profit from what is essentially a service addition with practically zero cost for either company.

It seems like Game Pass for PC is exiting beta September 17, 2020. The non-beta monthly price of Game Pass for PC is $9.99.

The monthly price for Game Pass Ultimate remains at $14.99.

gosh...! That's so fast. Hopefully they fix some things that make it feel like a beta, like downloads -when you pause them or want to delete a game it can be a nightmare-

EA Play is not some highly generous GamePass PC subscription service, it's old games with a push for users to spend on microtransactions and DLC for those games, and for users to upgrade to Play Premium. Neither EA nor MS are being altruistic good guys here. Both companies profit from what is essentially a service addition with practically zero cost for either company.
depends on the game, not so old, and EA's quality is incredible. I never enjoyed a service as much as EA Access Origin.

The biggest advantage of gamepass PC is that hacks -specially aimbots, wallhacks and stuff usual on Battlefield 1 or games like CoD Warzone, on PCs and consoles- are almost impossible to use.

EA play gamepass already launched? i though it was scheduled for this holiday season.

its not on my gamepass perks ::(
so its region specific, just like free Spotify Premium for gmepass :(

Back