Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

So for those who picked up the earlier version of Playful Studios' Super Lucky's Tale released in 2017, the 2 DLCs have been temporarily relisted as free on the store. So pick them up if you want.

It's nice to see developers acting in ways to be consumer friendly when they don't need to.

The current revised edition of the game is listed on Game Pass as New Super Luck's Tale. If you purchase the new revision you get the original version with the DLC packs.

Details found via TA @ https://www.trueachievements.com/n43151/super-luckys-tale-delisted-dlc-free

Pretty good description really. Definitely going to have different tastes :)

I actually like the first 5. I hate the last 8 with a passion. Closest I can think of that I actually liked would be some of Destiny's Raids - Vault of Glass and King's Fall, and a smattering of the Strikes. Curious what you thought of Don't Starve?

Don't Starve is a pretty fun game, but its open world nature struggles to hold my interest long term.

It's the strategy (tower defense, limited resources, character development and equipment) combined with randomness (level layout, what characters you'll find to fill out your team, loot drops) that keeps me going in Dungeon of the Endless. Also since each level of the dungeon is self contained it's still a directed experience instead of an open experience (like Don't Starve).

Regards,
SB

Earlier today I finally tried Yooka-Laylee (had followed the kick-starter when it first started long ago) after it being on my must try list for so long, and I really could not stand it. I didn't have the patience for the janky camera movement nearly causing nausea and the beyond annoying character noises as voices. I'm glad I didn't spend money on it, so I could just stop playing it so early on. Had I actually bought it I'd feel compelled to play through at least half the game while likely hating it the entire week (and myself for suffering through it for so long).

Yeah, I tried it for the Game Pass Quest too. Janky camera movement is apt. Would have been so much better with a full 3d camera. They need to take some pointers from New Super Lucky's Tale & fix it. As for the voice-acting, it was expected considering it's the same bunch that did Banjo Kazooie, but that doesn't forgive it. Without real voice actors there's not much to do to fix it except maybe turn them off?

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I'd much prefer if it didn't have any at all.

Wonder if it's 'family pass'? Having it work across live profiles would give parity with video streaming services.

Thinking about getting a 2nd Xbox and just having Gamepass work faff free across both would be good move. As people upgrade to next gen it potentially keeps the One's in service elsewhere in the household.

Last edited:
Seen this on Reddit, but haven't found it on Microsoft's site yet...

7dbdvfmyaxl51.jpg

Tommy McClain

I think that's a user mash-up. The line of "18 month console upgrade option" is what I'm keying in on. It's there for the One S and One X All-Access options.

Seen this on Reddit, but haven't found it on Microsoft's site yet...

7dbdvfmyaxl51.jpg

Tommy McClain
Seems a very bad deal
Sure if you’ve only got $25 or $35 in the bank it’s you only option
But it’s $600 or $900
Hmmm so If we go off this they are asking an extra $300 for the SX, so $600 to buy upfront

Seems a very bad deal
But it’s $600 or $900
Hmmm so If we go off this they are asking an extra $300 for the SX, so $600 to buy upfront

Not quite, unless the person wouldn't subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate. I think that's your point, right?

Game Pass Ultimate is $360 for 2 years.
Series S is then $240 more [24 * $25 = $600 Total]
Series X is then $480 more [24 * $35 = $840 Total]

If you look at it the other way, you get Game Pass Ultimate for a slight discount if you were buying the hardware anyways.
Series S + Game Pass Ultimate = $300 more than console price, savings of $60
Series X + Game Pass Ultimate = $340 more than console price, savings of $20

AzBat has an updated list he posted elsewhere which goes over the implied discounts.

Seems a very bad deal
But it’s $600 or $900
comes with Xbox Game Pass and XBLG

That table really makes it look like XSX will be $600 at launch, doesn’t it? As well it could be, with a $300 XSS blunting any price complaints.

Back