Nvidia Ampere Discussion [2020-05-14]

So it's Samsung 8nm for the whole lineup?
Then the marketing material claiming 7nm was wrong?

Transferring or decompression?

I think overhead on cpu

20200901172408.jpg

This presentation doesn't inspire much confidence personally. No performance comparisons shown without RT and DLSS. Im also quite suspicious of their 2 FP32 per clock. That 3090 also looks massive. What % of cases will fit it?

The Ampere performance aside, I think some of the software side for gaming was impressive as well, with Reflex and the streamer tools. I don't personally care about a lot of it but they're excellent tools for a lot of gamers and further solidifies Nvidia in gaming IMO. Unfortunately it's going to be even more difficult for AMD to compete, even if their hardware is directly competitive.

This presentation doesn't inspire much confidence personally. No performance comparisons shown without RT and DLSS. Im also quite suspicious of their 2 FP32 per clock. That 3090 also looks massive. What % of cases will fit it?

Yeah, I'm holding to seeing independent benchmarks. But the 3070 sounds very tasty.

I'm quite puzzled that none of the cards come with virtual link by default. Any chance OEMs could launch cards with it? I don't want to dive into PC VR without it :(

Back