Future Hardware & Software Purchases

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
PC wise, I'm already in the process of spec'ing out two brand new PC builds (again), another AMD threadripper build (3990x) with Nvidia RTX 3090 GPUs (if they're available this year). And on the console side of things, a PS5 at launch (if available), and any first-party software.

Yours?

lol TR way too rich for my blood

I'll grab a PS5, when depends on price and availabilty, just waiting on final details

I went with 3900X and will wait to see pricing on the 3000 series. I was previously looking at the 3080TI, but the price point rumours have me thinking that I must go down. The 3000 series GPUs pricing will ultimately determine if I get a XSX or not; too expensive at the high end and I'll grab a 3060 and a XSX.

Already on a 2080Ti/TR setup, will be having a PS5 by launch. Won't be upgrading my pc for awhile, might get a 3090 in a year or even later then that. I feel there won't be many games requiring such for a while :p

i'm buying a house, and moving to it in two weeks, so a lot of money already spent, PS5 only for me :LOL:
but at least i'll have my gaming room !

Nice, PS5 will suffice for anything, the PC can wait, youl be getting more value for your money later in the generation anyway :)

Won't be upgrading my pc for awhile, might get a 3090 in a year or even later then that. I feel there won't be many games requiring such for a while :p

Blasphemous! It's not about the games... it's about having the biggest epenis! PC gaming was never about games... but only to jizz on console bastards dreams with our glorious pocketbook breaking spending sprees. :yep2::mrgreen::runaway:

Blasphemous! It's not about the games... it's about having the biggest epenis! PC gaming was never about games... but only to jizz on console bastards dreams with our glorious pocketbook breaking spending sprees. :yep2::mrgreen::runaway:

Hm yes ive always had the latest/fastest one can buy, toned down abit on that as of this gen :p Been a hardcore pc gamer since the beginning, the value in return is quite.... low perhaps, but i do much more then just gaming, use my pc's for everything basically so it's justified ;) I do miss those days when pc's got their games and where not held back by the consoles, when things like HL2, doom 3, Crysis, far cry happened. I remember supreme commander crushing just about any cpu back then (RTS game, many units on screen).

I'm on a 3950x/2080Ti and most played game is still BF3/4 mp, played abit detroit and HZD also, going to try death stranding also for it's graphics. Will see if the trend continues of sony AAA coming to pc. Asked about forbidden west but no answer, neither a no or a yes but i hope just to be able to compare between the platforms. Feels like thrown away money as no-one in my family basically has stationary pc's anymore, no more passing on of hardware and SLI is dead. On the other hand i got a 2015 huracan last december, that's thrown money in the lake much more then anything pc hardware related :p

Now if Sony can release them first-party titles day one, rather than years later. But I don't see that happening...
that be nice but also doesn't matter the pc has a lot of great games so waiting a year or two isnt a problem. If anything i can have even better hardware

As a pc owner i get the best of both worlds.

Yes it's nice to be in the middle-land, and recieve exclusives from both MS and Sony (more limited from the latter though), and get the best versions of all multiplat games if you got the hardware. Also, you can use either a DS or xbox controller, or the good old kb/m ofc, freedom of choice :p

that be nice but also doesn't matter the pc has a lot of great games so waiting a year or two isnt a problem. If anything i can have even better hardware

So far yes, with Sony's plans, we might get them with shorter intervalls, remains to be seen. I'm not too stuck on the later release dates either.... you get the best version for it atleast. Although 2/3 years is abit long if it's a game you really want :p Ah i can get it for PS5 first then a later pc version, if it's that long in between it could be for a nice replay value.

Yes it's nice to be in the middle-land, and recieve exclusives from both MS and Sony (more limited from the latter though), and get the best versions of all multiplat games if you got the hardware. Also, you can use either a DS or xbox controller, or the good old kb/m ofc, freedom of choice :p

So far yes, with Sony's plans, we might get them with shorter intervalls, remains to be seen. I'm not too stuck on the later release dates either.... you get the best version for it atleast. Although 2/3 years is abit long if it's a game you really want :p Ah i can get it for PS5 first then a later pc version, if it's that long in between it could be for a nice replay value.

Sony makes single player games for the most part. So it doesn't matter to me when i play thoses. I'm only interested in two or three of sony's games right now anyway

Now if Sony can release them first-party titles day one, rather than years later. But I don't see that happening...
They're not going to be do that, in the same report they said:

SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice.​

As long as Sony believe their first party games and other exclusives sell PlayStations, PC will be a distant second-class citizen. If you're not fussed about timeliness though, not a problem.

They're not going to be do that, in the same report they said:

SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice.​

As long as Sony believe their first party games and other exclusives sell PlayStations, PC will be a distant second-class citizen. If you're not fussed about timeliness though, not a problem.

Yeah, Jim Ryan mentioned that quite a few times - that selling PS hardware and transitioning their current base are their primary goals.

Yeah, Jim Ryan mentioned that quite a few times - that selling PS hardware and transitioning their current base are their primary goals.
And ironically, the new I/O and SSD tech in PS5 will greatly complicate porting some PS5 games to PC. E.g. look at Ratchet & Clank, that's going to be a challenge to port to PC. For a start the hardware requirements are going to be PCs with PCIe 4.0 and a bloody fast SSD.

I'll be getting three XSXs within the first 6 months or so of launch. My older son will get another when he moves out in Fall 2021.

I use my younger son's GamePass for now, but I'll likely find Cyberpunk 2077 to be irresistible and pick it up as well.

I'll be playing Ori 2 and catching up on Halo, Gears and Forza games until more 1st party stuff rolls out. That's as long as I finish Witcher 3, Sunset Overdrive and Rise of the Tomb Raider before launch. I'm a little behind right now. :)

Aren't new consoles born dead taking into account the performance and feature level of the Nvidia 3070 at 499$? DLSS 2, RT, nVidia Reflex, RT performance on par with non RT performance of the Pascal GPUs, better performance than the RTX 2080Ti....

Last edited:
Back