Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MS FS 2020) [PC, XGP-PC]

Flight Simulator 2020 is expected to generate 3 billion in PC hardware sales
The challenge of running the game in high quality should stimulate hardware sales and move around $3 billion worth of hardware in three years, according to market research firm Jon Peddie Research (JPR). The company made an estimate of how players will spend to run the game based on different user-profiles and also on the possibilities offered by the simulator. According to JPR, simulation enthusiasts tend to spend more and so the movement of money around the new Flight Simulator should be impressive.

Over the next three years, the company predicts that approximately $ 2.6 billion will be spent on specific hardware to run Flight Simulator to enhance the gaming experience. The bet takes into account the game's estimated sales of 2.7 million units of the simulator in the same period.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/g...-generate-3-billion-in-pc-hardware-sales.html

Pls move if wrong thread.

Question how many of you have this because you want to learn how to fly a plane properly, flight procedures, avionics ect
and how many of you just want to explore the cool tech and do a bit of sight seeing ?
I'm currently learning the A-10C in DCS world, I have the game in the centre monitor
on the left monitor I have the controls
V2SLwWV.jpg

and on the right monitor i have a folder of video tutorials (currently learning how to blow up stuff with the AGM-65 maverick missile)
TOPnqdL.jpg

Cool tech and sight seeing. Not enough inclination to spend the time actually learning.

Question how many of you have this because you want to learn how to fly a plane properly, flight procedures, avionics ect
and how many of you just want to explore the cool tech and do a bit of sight seeing ?
I'm currently learning the A-10C in DCS world, I have the game in the centre monitor
on the left monitor I have the controls
V2SLwWV.jpg

and on the right monitor i have a folder of video tutorials (currently learning how to blow up stuff with the AGM-65 maverick missile)
TOPnqdL.jpg

I want to get a better understanding of flight control. I don't really need to know all the radio stuff but actual controls and the idea behind flight and how the planes work and land. My stick is not as fancy as yours tho !

SDK bug?

Plopped the building (lawang sewu/thousand doors - historical building from dutch colonial era) into FS2020

Trying to draw polygon to remove the existing ugly building, but I only can draw 1 point. When holding CTRL, it showed a line, but clicking did nothing.

• Thus I cannot draw polygon to remove existing building
  • thus i can't release this building yet.
Any idea what's wrong?

I'm pretty sure they've confirmed its planned for a future update.
Yep VR is confirmed.

The fact that they expect this to drive so much pc sales shows just what it could've done for xsx, not saying they would've all bought xsx.
Peripheral, keyboard & mouse support(already there)
Running on a closed platform.

MS should get a team focused on the port.
Could be one of the best ways to play it, especially for the price.

Although wonder if they would require peripherals to be supported like wheels? So they can get a cut.

SDK bug?

Plopped the building (lawang sewu/thousand doors - historical building from dutch colonial era) into FS2020

Trying to draw polygon to remove the existing ugly building, but I only can draw 1 point. When holding CTRL, it showed a line, but clicking did nothing.

• Thus I cannot draw polygon to remove existing building
  • thus i can't release this building yet.
Any idea what's wrong?

found the solution!

go to UEFI, set to this

• USB XHCI handsoff = disabled
  • Legacy USB = disabled
hopefully can help other people that got same issue as me hahaha. so weird.

EDIT: i reinstalled FS2020 to SSD, turns out Microsoft kinda fixed the download progress/size on game pass app. now it properly shows 150GB. But completes at 900MB hahaha.

anyway, uninstalling FS2020 didnt delete game installation. It leaves 90GB useless junk

fs2020space.jpg

Last edited:
anyway, uninstalling FS2020 didnt delete game installation. It leaves 90GB useless junk
It looks like you're reinstalling at the time. Most stores and game installers will create dummy files filling up the required space with placeholders before downloading.

It looks like you're reinstalling at the time. Most stores and game installers will create dummy files filling up the required space with placeholders before downloading.

The game was installed on F. I uninstalled it and it leave that 90GB folder on F.

I'm reinstalling on C.

The Uninstaller probably deliberately didn't remove the 90GB data to avoid accidental deletion of user generated content, I think.

Because that folder have exposed texture data for planes, etc. So you can mod planes liveries thru them.

Officially, you should put mods only on Community folder. But it's easier to directly edit the game file.

The game was installed on F. I uninstalled it and it leave that 90GB folder on F.
ah ok.
The Uninstaller probably deliberately didn't remove the 90GB data to avoid accidental deletion of user generated content, I think.
Installers know what files are created by the game and don't remove any files that aren't part of the manifest so it should still remove all the core content and leave any custom files alone.
Officially, you should put mods only on Community folder. But it's easier to directly edit the game file.
Mods should never modify existing files. If it's a texture replacement for an existing plane for example, then the game checks in the relevant place for a custom texture and uses that instead of its own. As you suggested, it may be why the data was left behind if it's doing an checksum on the entirety. It's just as likely though that the uninstaller simply isn't removing the additional downloaded content, either due to bug or on purpose.

Back