Speculation: GPU Performance Comparisons of 2020 *Spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, AMD can change their transistor layout and improving efficiency by 2x without increasing transistors?
Actually decreased # of xtors.
A thousand cuts made whole.
They'll have to throw a properly long and annoying ISSCC presentation to explain all of it.
And how are they getting rid of the power consumption from twice the bandwidth?
Not even twice.
That's reserved for N31.

So AMD is not doubling bandwidth? 3080 competition is it then. And no, i dont believe that they will beat nVidia with data compression and GDDR efficiency.

Engineering.
A whole load of engineering, including just inhumane boatload of physdes work.

I said better reason lol. Series X technical paper is convincing enough that whatever perf/w figure they are touting is purely on node improvement, not on the architecture level, and even that is meaningless without knowing what is being compared.

So AMD is not doubling bandwidth?
No.
3080 competition is it then.
No.
And no, i dont believe that they will beat nVidia with data compression and GDDR effiency.
Ha.
Series X technical paper is convincing enough that whatever perf/w figure they are touting is purely on node improvement
what.
What node improvement?
N7+ over N7p is like 5% better power.
They're comparing fmax to fmax parts too, so you must understand that fmax went way up.
not on the architecture level
You didn't even see it.
Silence.
and even that is meaningless without knowing what is being compared.
You just know.

Get you goddamed popcorn ready.

Last edited:
That is called a node improvement
5% to 50%?
That's some 0 missing.
That 5% power in vacuum trasnalated to like 2% fmax and that's not the case.
At all.
Oh, I read it, both old RDNA and Series X hot chips presentation
Read them harder.
and telling people to silence shows a lot about your character.
Yeah, gotta make sure no one says anything that could age badly.
I dropped some unkind words about AMD's chances in mobile and now have to be silent and watch.
Quietly.

That is called a node improvement

Oh, I read it, both old RDNA and Series X hot chips presentation. and telling people to silence shows a lot about your character.
Going from N7P to N7+ wouldn't bring the huge improvement that we see in the Series X GPU over RDNA GPUs. It has a 52CU GPU at a slightly higher sustained frequency than the 5700 XT's game clock, yet consumes significantly less power than a 5700.

Going from N7P to N7+ wouldn't bring the huge improvement that we see in the Series X GPU over RDNA GPUs
Worse, XSX isn't even N7+.
EUV is deemed too voodoo for consoles.
It has a 52CU GPU at a slightly higher sustained frequency than the 5700 XT's game clock, yet consumes significantly less power than a 5700.
Yes, this is the real shit.
That's how they plan to win gaming mobile with N22/23 and SmartShift.

Worse, XSX isn't even N7+.
EUV is deemed too voodoo for consoles.
True, I completely forgot about that.
Yes, this is the real shit.
That's how they plan to win gaming mobile with N22/23 and SmartShift.
Those look like they will be more than competitive against Ampere given recent events, I just wonder in how many laptops they'll make it. Cezanne+N23 will be a killer combo for sure.

Read them harder.

Plenty enough, it is just RDNA1+RT

Yeah, gotta make sure no one says anything that could age badly.
I dropped some unkind words about AMD's chances and mobile and now have to be silent and watch.
Quietly.

And you don't get to decide that.

Going from N7P to N7+ wouldn't bring the huge improvement that we see in the Series X GPU over RDNA GPUs. It has a 52CU GPU at a slightly higher sustained frequency than the 5700 XT's game clock, yet consumes significantly less power than a 5700.

5700xt can be driven with lot less power without a big performance loss when undervolted. Plus, Enhanced N7 they are using on Series X is bringing 10% improvement on power on same frequency. I think this is the reason why Big Navi with RDNA2 is getting overhyped.

Plenty enough, it is just RDNA1+RT
Bold.
And you don't get to decide that.
Oh lord.
5700xt can be driven with lot less power without a big performance loss when undervolted.
It's a console. It's inherently overvolted for yield salvaging.
Plus, Enhanced N7 they are using on Series X is bringing 10% improvement on power on same frequency
Navi1x is already N7p bro.
The first shipping N7p part at that, ironically enough.
I think this is the reason why Big Navi with RDNA2 is getting overhyped.
No there's no hype besides me shitlording here and on twatter.
AMD isn't even talking about Milan, Vermeer, Van Gogh, Cezanne and RDNA2 parts.
At all.
And those are literally 1-5 months away.

I mean 2 x 5700XT performance is perfectly reasonable to expect without overhyping anything. That's 33% faster than 2080Ti. I mean they even call the damn thing Navi2x. How much more obvious can it get?

What did it reveal about RDNA2's RBEs and rasterizer?
Also physical design? :p

Physical design optimisations of discrete GPU chips can be more aggressive, unlike monolithic APUs having to provision for the co-existence of high-frequency CPU blocks.

Also it is not like the architecture will look drastically different at the level of colourful white paper diagrams after just, eh, 1 year since the big revolutionary crop. Heck, these diagrams have barely changed structurally since Tahiti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back