Minecraft Dungeons [XO, PC, PS4, NX, XGP]

So another fun little combo is the unique Harp Crossbow with "Fuse Shot" and "Chain Reaction" enchantments used with the "Flaming Quiver" artifact. The Chain Reaction enchantment has a chance to fire five arrows in all directions on impact. You're already firing five arrows and each one has a chance to trigger. It's pure chaos and the entire room is set on fire or exploding.

Some Minecraft Dungeons players are getting the 'Jungle Awakens' DLC early, before release tomorrow
The Jungle is waking up early today.

In a surprise move, it looks like Jungle Awakens is releasing to the world a whole day earlier than planned! Reports that the DLC update was appearing started trickling onto Twitter, and our own Jez Corden confirmed that he is seeing and has downloaded the DLC on his end. There's been no word from Mojang Studios about the early release, but interested players should go check right away and see if they already got the update as well.

https://www.windowscentral.com/some...ing-jungle-awakens-dlc-early-release-tomorrow

There's also the new free update for the Lost Temple.

This game has no cloud saves for your characters on Windows... FU MS.

You'd think that'd be a checkbox TRC feature though. Kind of a weird development in general.

There's no Live Gold on PC.

Tommy McClain
No game store on PC requires any kind of subscription to provide such a simple thing as cloud saves that we've had for a decade and more. Also, Game Pass PC is a subscription.

Game Pass PC is a subscription.

But it's a subscription that doesn't provide cloud saves. Cloud saves are part of Live Gold.

I understand you would think it would just work, but if you're not paying for saves to be stored in the cloud, then one can't assume that you would just get them for free.

Tommy McClain

I understand you would think it would just work, but if you're not paying for saves to be stored in the cloud, then one can't assume that you would just get them for free.
Of course I can assume that as it's what I've been getting for most games on other PC stores for a long time now. The fact that I don't lowers the desire of Game Pass PC for me. I understand you're in Xbox world where it's established in Live Gold only but it doesn't mean I can't be frustrated that something I've enjoyed for free is not available in their product that I'm paying for.

You're not in Game Pass Ultimate, only Game Pass PC?

That's still a bit silly about Cloud Saves, I'd think if you logged in with an account that has an Xbox Profile, even if it's the free level, you'd at least get a limited amount of cloud saves. Or at least that would be a nice for the consumer feature.

You're not in Game Pass Ultimate, only Game Pass PC?
No, I don't think I've seen any need for Ultimate.

From some googling, it wouldn't matter what tier I'm on. Game Pass PC does support Cloud Saves but the game has to support it by the developer. Minecraft Dungeons, an Xbox Game Studios game, doesn't support Cloud Saves on Game Pass PC :rolleyes:

Of course I can assume that as it's what I've been getting for most games on other PC stores for a long time now. The fact that I don't lowers the desire of Game Pass PC for me. I understand you're in Xbox world where it's established in Live Gold only but it doesn't mean I can't be frustrated that something I've enjoyed for free is not available in their product that I'm paying for.

One would hope you would get that if you bought the game outright on a PC store instead renting off Game Pass. I thought there was a Steam version, but sadly no. Looks like they have a Minecraft launcher version for Win7-10(didn't know that was a thing) & Win10 Microsoft Store version. Evidently the cross-platform save is something they are looking for future updates, but PC-to-PC saves may not. Odd.

https://www.windowscentral.com/minecraft-dungeons-lacking-cross-save

Somebody was able to get game saves to work on Dropbox though:

Tommy McClain

But it's a subscription that doesn't provide cloud saves. Cloud saves are part of Live Gold.

Presumably, you can just save to the local device, whether that's your Xbox, PC, phone or tablet?

Awesome. I lost track of when this second DLC was releasing. Very pleasantly surprised it's today.

I started giving this some playtime again. I picked up Howling Peaks DLC and gave it a single play through. I'll give the new levels another couple of playthroughs but need to upgrade my equipment first. The Apocalypse+ Levels sure increase the difficulty levels on even the normal mobs while increasing the equipment ranges and spawn rates for rare items. It can be unforgiving depending on the enchantments the mobs get like Thorns/Frenzy/Deflect/Lightening.

I'm in the game-loop of upgrading my favored equipment using the Blacksmith. I started my play Friday with a single set of Level 105 equipment. I now have two sets of Armor/Weapon/Crossbow with nearly identical enchantments I like. The equipment is now level 137/136/133. I load up the blacksmith with 3 items, play through 3 Apocalypse levels, fetch the upgraded equipment, give old equipment to upgrade, enchant the upgraded equipment with the recycled enchantment points, and head out to play 3 more levels.

I didn't intend to play the game so much, but got hit by that "oh, just one more upgrade cycle before I stop" bug. :LOL:

If you haven't used the Blacksmith mechanic, it will keep all the same exact enchantments on the gear, but will upgrade the level of it based on your recommended level range. The more the difference between the item's level and the new level the more it costs upfront. When the item is selected to upgrade, it is removed from your inventory and placed at the blacksmith. Any spent enchantment points on it is refunded to you. When the item is ready to be picked up, it will let you know the general level range the upgrade will be.

I installed the game few days ago and I am very surprised how much I like it. I played lot of diablo clones with mixed feelings but this one is really good. I am not that far, power lvl 20, but so far it’s very enjoyable and boss fights have some very good mechanics.

I installed the game few days ago and I am very surprised how much I like it. I played lot of diablo clones with mixed feelings but this one is really good. I am not that far, power lvl 20, but so far it’s very enjoyable and boss fights have some very good mechanics.

One key aspect to keep in mind is to keep upgrading your equipment levels either through using newer drops or paying the blacksmith. It's the only way you'll be able to find higher level equipment and increase your suggested level. I think the blacksmith is available at all levels, but I'm not sure if it's an Apocalypse only thing. It can get costly, which from what I remember was pretty harsh at the lower levels.

Early on in my play through (before the blacksmith) I got too attached to certain weapons and equipment because of their enchantments but then I couldn't get higher level gear so I hit a hard brick wall. I would die every time I would try the next areas, because the equipment was just too low. The only way forward was to use the newer higher spec'd gear and swapping out when something higher came along.

Back