Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The first Horizon already looked noticeably better than AssCreed Odyssey. I don't understand how anyone finds that game impressive looking. Things only sometimes look good at far distances.
They are pretty close, although I prefer AC's character rendering compared to HZD's.
It is, very subjective, but I prefer HZD overall, because of the art direction.

I hope they make more machines rideable, not the flying ones but id like to have something other than the horse looking ones a rideable

We all want to ride robot velociraptors. :yes: And robot dolphins. I'm really hoping the will give you tools to build a little army of robot dinosaurs. A bit like the orc branding mechanic in Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pretty close, although I prefer AC's character rendering compared to HZD's.
It is, very subjective, but I prefer HZD overall, because of the art direction.

Taking the pc version into account, at the highest settings, it takes the cake over AC, and anything else practically.

Taking the pc version into account, at the highest settings, it takes the cake over AC, and anything else practically.

The vegetation is better in Ghost of Tsuhima or TLOU2. I was surprised and thinking HZD will be the best one of a first party game until end of the generation on PS4 but this is not true anymore.

Theres more to a game then vegetation. But anyway, hzd’s are more detailed and dense. In special on pc, where things are souped up, it takes the crown together with the DS port of the best looking 8th gen game. Decima is an amazing engine. RDR2 sure comes close though.

And...another one...
Sony: "We believe in generations." Sure you do .
it's a cross-gen game (console warriors are on suicide watch...) coming to PS4 & PS5
PlayStation 5 Launches in November, starting at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Drive – PlayStation.Blog

Not a breaking news. Many folks tend to forget, the order 1886 ran on a base PS4. Some in-house engines (Decima, RE) can scale as well as UE & Unity.

Well they still have to cater for 110 million PS4 users and since they won't have 110 million PS5's by next year, I can see their reasoning for including PS4 into the games. I noticed that GOW Ragnarok wasn't included in that list though. So is Horizon Zero Dawn a June/July release and GOW Ragnarok a Nov/Dec release? I can see them delaying GOW Ragnarok to beginning 2022 though.

Now we understand why it wasn't the most impressing game (R&C was) in the previous show, beause it's a cross-gen game.

really disappointed with sony approach with still realising exclusives on ps4 but on the other hand if miles and horizon looks that good and are crossgens there are still room for jawdropping ps5 only games

really disappointed with sony approach with still realising exclusives on ps4 but on the other hand if miles and horizon looks that good and are crossgens there are still room for jawdropping ps5 only games

Demons Soul's is PS5 only.

Many folks tend to forget, the order 1886 ran on a base PS4. Some in-house engines (Decima, RE) can scale as well as UE & Unity.

If ratchet and gt7 are to go by.... they are both below hzfw in pure rendering.

Back