Battletoads [XO, PC, XGP]

Why didn't they show this last week??

I need to see more gameplay because my initial impressions last year was that it was difficult to read the characters while playing.

I passed Act 1 for the SoT boat goodies. It just kinda appeared in the inventory. Easy mode seems good for my casualness.

Anyways, gameplay seems good. Maybe a little complicated with the LT/RT combinations, but the controls felt responsive. I don't mind the humour & story - it's like a cartoon show for cut-scenes. There didn't seem to be a way to skip them, but I don't know if it's a first-playthrough sort of thing. The mini-games seemed okay so far.

TBH, I'm not sure I'll Rash to finish it. :p It's just a shame it's only local co-op.

I passed Act 1 for the SoT boat goodies. It just kinda appeared in the inventory. Easy mode seems good for my casualness.

Anyways, gameplay seems good. Maybe a little complicated with the LT/RT combinations, but the controls felt responsive. I don't mind the humour & story - it's like a cartoon show for cut-scenes. There didn't seem to be a way to skip them, but I don't know if it's a first-playthrough sort of thing. The mini-games seemed okay so far.

TBH, I'm not sure I'll Rash to finish it. :p It's just a shame it's only local co-op.

Don't think I was going to download & play, but now I think I'm obliged to. LOL

At least I'll get the SoT cosmetics.

Bummer about no Live Co-Op. Saw that posted yesterday. Seems a few people were scratching their heads on that one. Maybe a future update?

Tommy McClain

Don't think I was going to download & play, but now I think I'm obliged to. LOL

At least I'll get the SoT cosmetics.

Bummer about no Live Co-Op. Saw that posted yesterday. Seems a few people were scratching their heads on that one. Maybe a future update?

Tommy McClain

Took me about an hour and a bit to get through Act 1, but it'll be topped off with a boss fight and a long cut-scene, so you should know when to quit. :p

Yeah, I guess it wasn't in the original scope of the project. Seems like it'd be really tough to add at this point. I think the game was already delayed from COVID issues too.

I kinda wonder if this is where xCloud would shine - stream the game to different players over the net while pretending it's local.

If they had the budget, I'd like to see them take some notes from Streets of Rage 4's features and offerings (even classic character sprites!).

I love the couch co-op in this one. My son and I had an absolute blast playing this for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. This is a really fun (and funny) title. Good job Rare! Can't wait for Everwild.

We finished this last night. Took us 15 hours over 5 play sessions on Medium (Toad) difficulty. It's actually pretty hard. A lot of gameplay variety - platforming, space shooter (think geometry wars) and beat 'em up.

I recommend the co-op experience to any GamePass subscribers out there.

Last edited:
Back