Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

If it's indeed a cheaper quest, maybe they dropped snapdragon 8xx and goes with 7xx?

I don't think they would go with a lower end snapdragon. They don't need to reduce the price of the quest , its been sold out most of the year and is still hard to find. I think this is actually going to raise the price point

Looks like oculus quest might really be replaced with cheaper model this fall.

In late August, users across social media websites like reddit spotted two new Walmart listings with the same storage and pricing: ‘Oculus Point Reyes 64GB’ for $299 and ‘Oculus Point Reyes 256GB’ for $399.
The current Quest’s 64GB model retails for $399 and the other $499 model is 128GB.

US retailer B&H Photo Video and UK retailer Overclockers have listed the Oculus Quest as discontinued.
We spoke to a sales representative from another UK retailer who told us Quest was marked as end of life, with no further shipments scheduled.
https://uploadvr.com/retailers-delist-oculus-quest/

Oculus connect is September 16th. That's likely place for the introduction of the new model. If the new model is not worse than quest this will sell like hot cakes. 299$ for quest like standalone product is very nice pricepoint.

Last edited:
Quest will likely be my last oculus product. Even if oculus comes out with something revolutionary it won't take long for others to copy.

As much as I liked the Quest 1, I am also going to find a device from a different brand next time, even if not the best in the generation.

Back