What Anime are you watching now?

I'm just glad Re:Zero's story will finally continue! I hated having to watch the series and then the director's cut to get to the new stuff. (NOTE: I haven't quite finished the director's cut so I'm not exactly sure it's the same, just assuming)

I blitzed through Tower of God thinking it was complete, but it's a two-season anime at least. Interesting, but don't watch it until the next season is out as it seems more of a mid-season break than an ending.

I think the DC only has about 2 or 3 minutes of new footage and it's all at the end. Most of it seems to be minor edits in visual stylings from what a few summary pages cover.

I think the DC only has about 2 or 3 minutes of new footage and it's all at the end. Most of it seems to be minor edits in visual stylings from what a few summary pages cover.
That's how it seems to me so far too, but I'm a purist and want to go in to the second season fresh anyways. :)

That tweest in the 2nd episode of Deca-Dence.
What the fuck
WHAT THE FUCK

so its
Reverse NPC?

the humans that are remote controlled = PC
the store sellers, etc = NPC

the human controlling part makes me remember a movie a few years ago. a gamer playing uber-realistic call of duty game. the humans are supposedly inmates for death rows.

Enjoying 'Deca-Dance', 'Sword Art Online', 'No Guns Life 2, Gibiate', 'Re: Zero', 'The Misfit of Demon King Academy', 'Appare-Ranman!', 'Shokugeki no Soma', 'Toaru Kagaku no Railgun', 'Ahiru no Sora' and a few other anime that make up my seasonal schedule.

Some unexpected surprises are 'The Misfit of Demon King Academy' and 'Appare-Ranman!'. Definitely worth a shot if looking for anime to watch this summer.

Edit: Also enjoyed the first 14 episodes of 'The Great Pretender' ... good story and fantastic colors.

Last edited:
Deca-Dence 03:
nice; three episodes get a pass.
Also getting some serious CHINESE ELECTRIC BATMAN vibes from Kaburagi.

omigod!

btw myh japanese is really rusty, are these correct?

1. the anime will be 4K HDR but some parts will be drawn in 2K, like the bird (or he was saying: we usually draw for 2K, and the screen area is this big, but now we draw in 4K and the screen area is this way bigger)
2. it will mix 3D and 2D hand-drawn.
3. it will use latest tech and experimental stuff are encouraged in collaboration with netfli

I saw this but I assume it was a trailer? It’s only 4m on Netflix and it makes no sense?

Nami yo Kiitekure - about an energetic woman becoming a radio talk show host. (a comedy that's not a high school anime :runaway: )

Last edited:
Re Zero: as usual, it never fails to make me think of my own life.
Like...
"ooooh so thats why people are hungry for acknowledgement and concerned with other's perception of their own self/life/body be it in real life or in social media.
Hmm i wonder why i dont care with any of it,
hmm... i wish i care more of those things... oh so this is why i never had any girlfriend and now i dont even have any friends....
hmm how the heck do you even supposed to get friends and girlfriend?"

Deca-dence: aww its the typical character development episode. I hope they quickly get done with it and back to the VR/NPC/Real world mystery exploration.

ugh SAO is getting more and more unrealistic every time it tries to mix "real" online players into the show. This episode reached climax ridiculousness.

1. Using sniper rifle as shotgun. although to be fair, for some games (erm, COD, eum), snipers do work awesomely as shotgun...
2. The bad guys blabbering his evil plan in the open, pausing the event, and everyone silently listens. Isnt people usually just skip thru cutscene? or if its a forced monologue, they will fast forward it? or if its a monologue while in gameplay, they will simply do something else like doing ridiculous emote while waiting the forced monologue to end?
3. The gamers believe so easily that they are fighting hackers and winning. Don't they ever fight hackers? no way to win. aimbot, inf health, inf ammo, super speed, phase thru level geomety, etc.
4. no language barrier. Maybe auto translation is active by default on SAO? But ... previous episode showed that Americans speaks broken english... But why this episode shows Korean and CHinese players speaks japanese... hmm...

It surprised me too, especially since I confused Goblin Slayer with Demon Slayer and thought it was the Demon Slayer movie. (That doesn't come out until later this month btw, looking forward to it too)

Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes

The grandson of an antique shop owner solves cases for some reason. :p

Back