Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Also in that ign article, free ray tracing update after launch.
right
This does not mean that Halo Infinite is a live service game, a la Destiny. But it does mean that new story experiences will be told underneath Infinite’s umbrella, and it also means Infinite will be evolved technologically for quite a while. 343 confirmed that Infinite will get a free raytracing update sometime after launch. Gameplay-wise, hopefully the move to Infinite as a platform won’t mean that players are trapped on this Halo ring forever, but we’ll have to wait and see what 343 has in store for us in the Xbox Series X generation to find out.
https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-2-wont-be-happening-says-343-industries

Thinking back to the reveal trailer, this game can also do real-time night / day cycles, right? On top of everything else.

The more I think about this, the more sure I am that this first demo wasn't really the right way to show off the game. I think we'll see more in the coming weeks as they attempt to improve perceptions of the game and its technology.

Thinking back to the reveal trailer, this game can also do real-time night / day cycles, right? On top of everything else.

The more I think about this, the more sure I am that this first demo wasn't really the right way to show off the game. I think we'll see more in the coming weeks as they attempt to improve perceptions of the game and its technology.
Its' on them to showcase the game correctly. With this post launch ray tracing patch coming after release, I'm in a bit of awe that they would put their foot forward with this. If what we saw was the Xbox One X version, okay, no problem. Selling this as Series X, that was a mistake to leave out next gen features.

Maybe they should have turned it into an RPG and handed it off to Obsidian? I kid, but only partially; I wonder what that would come out like. :LOL:

Its' on them to showcase the game correctly. With this post launch ray tracing patch coming after release, I'm in a bit of awe that they would put their foot forward with this. If what we saw was the Xbox One X version, okay, no problem. Selling this as Series X, that was a mistake to leave out next gen features.

Definitely, the more I think about this the more sure I am that the game has gone through development hell and they're desperately trying to get it out the door for launch in a reasonably solid manner. If they add ray tracing and it keeps its 60 fps, then that must mean they're leaving a whole heap of power on the table at the moment. And the game (hopefully it was just the stream) was hitching even then.

So I guess you can add that to the list. So far I've got:
- 60 fps
- cross gen with massive gulf in perf in every area of the systems
- big maps, with semi open world
- real time night/day capability
- big battles
- fast vehicles
- ... some of which can fly
- co-op
- probably reserving a chunk of power for RT (coming at a date of "oh god I haven't seen my family in five years")

Tech lead: "What are we focusing on"
Management: "Everything".

Maybe they should have turned it into an RPG and handed it off to Obsidian? I kid, but only partially; I wonder what that would come out like. :LOL:

I've thought for donkeys years that a game set in the expanded universe - about a retired ODST trying to make their way as humans are rebuilding the outer colonies - would be most awesome. A bit like an Outer Worlds type of thing. Shootbanging, vehicles, trading, interesting characters, travelling between colonies, friendly(ish) and unfriendly former covenant, all manner of AIs, different factions etc. I'm feeling a sort of late 1940's post WW2 film noir vibe. Reluctant good guy/gal getting drawn into saving the day and making enough money to keep his/her salvage UNSC gear running.

Yes, get Obsidian on it!!

I will wait for the DF analysis, but there may be a bit of a downgrade from the 1st trailer. Maybe 4K and 60fps are still to much for these consoles.

but there may be a bit of a downgrade from the 1st trailer
oh man, I dunno about a bit.
I went through it on 4K proper, none of the textures held up. It's just not a sign of a next-generation title at all. Destiny 2 looked much further in front with it's texturing quality.

Would have preferred Reach aesthetic over this cartoony thing.
yea the screen shots look really bad.

I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, perhaps there were things I didn't see. But yea, the end result is, this is largely a X1 title I"m looking at, ported up. I don't think they have a real XSX patch incoming anytime soon.

yea the screen shots look really bad.

I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, perhaps there were things I didn't see. But yea, the end result is, this is largely a X1 title I"m looking at, ported up. I don't think they have a real XSX patch incoming anytime soon.
Something about the assault rifle looks completely off, like the lighting/shadow/AO is completely simplified on it. I'm not even sure it's a tech thing with the way the art design comes across here. Not even a baked AO into the texture itself!

Something about the assault rifle looks completely off, like the lighting/shadow/AO is completely simplified on it.
there was no texturing on the rifle either. Even in 4K I couldn't see anything there really worth mentioning.

Release the memes!

EdoOKAMWsAE6pLa

I have the feeling this game was designed from the ground up to have real time raytracing. And maybe baked lighting makes the game look worse? Some screenshot look really bad, even for an XBO game (mind the res and framerate ofc).

I'm willing to give it a chance since it's Halo and all. But man, that was pretty underwhelming for me. The demo looked... unfinished? Like it wasn't from a recent build, but a build from 3 years ago. I guess if the gameplay holds up I'll be fine. :???:

I have the feeling this game was designed from the ground up to have real time raytracing. And maybe baked lighting makes the game look worse? Some screenshot look really bad, even for an XBO game (mind the res and framerate ofc).
Graphics aside I’m happy with what I saw and bad graphics don’t upset me in a way that would cause me to not play a title. But lol, designing a game around RT and showing the non RT version seems like not a good idea.

mom okay with them all admitting they just didn’t have enough time with the Series X hardware.

Back