Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

From what they showed of XGS (Xbox Games Studios) titles, I'm very pleased with my Xbox Games Pass subscription. Those are the style of games I'm looking forward to the most.
  • Grounded
  • The Outer Worlds: Peril of Gorgon
  • Everwild
  • Halo Infinite

Also from ID@XBox these titles are on my list (for later retrieval)
  • Tunic
  • Sable
  • Falconeer
  • Song of Iron

And near the end, the following game shows promise:
  • The Gunk

That is my future games wishlist.

That was pretty good showcase!

Tommy McClain
Was happy with it , not everything made it into this one but they did say they had more to show this year. So maybe that lockheart show is happening.

It was a diverse line up of game types so i'm happy to see that

Stalker 2, Forza, Crossfire, Fable looked nice. Medium looked awesome. Not fussed about the rest.

Was difficult to know which was Xbox One and which was Series X. I guess that's kind of their intent though? Some games looked very current gen, even Halo.

This was not as good as it needed to be.

Now that it's over, we can discuss it. I agree. Some were expecting far more than anyone could ever deliver. Over the past 3 days I have watched every single Sony and Microsoft E3 and Gamescom presentation since 2013. None of them were ever great. What we have seen in 2020 from both Sony and Microsoft far exceeds any previous events. I don't know WTF people were expecting.

Seriously, everyone who was expecting more, go back and watch those Press Conferences. Only that can put these 2020 events into perspective of just how much better they are than any before them.

Very disappointing overall.

At this point in my life, I don't get wow'ed or excited for non-game play trailers.

Yep. None of the big first party stuff had gameplay except Halo, and fucking hell it's the same game 20 years later. The rest is indie games and timed console exclusives which is fine, but it's not why you buy a $600 console. I have no idea what Everwild is supposed to be other than slick cell shading. What is the game? Fable and Hellblade 2 are so early on they can't even show anything. Same with the Obsidian rpg. Games in 2022 at the earliest.

That was pretty good showcase!

Tommy McClain

Surpassed my expectations imo. They matched Sony in the graphics department, didn't expect that from MS. Forza doing some impressive ray tracing native 4k, it outclassed GT i think. Abit hard to say.

State of decay, next gen graphics, Stalker had that next generation feel aswell, Fable atleast matched HZFW in graphics, damn that busy world assets/draw distance.
Infinite was impressive too, considering it's a launch day title (?).

All in all, they atleast matched Sonys presentation, they did equally well i think.

Forza doing some impressive ray tracing native 4k, it outclassed GT i think. Abit hard to say.

I'm very skeptical of that one. It was "recored in engine". Recorded in engine of XSX or a very high end PC? It looked great, but I think if they could have said recorded on a XSX they would have.

What an embarrassing show of..CG after CG..after CG. The biggest title Halo Infinite's gameplay looked mediocre as hell, no Hellblade 2 gameplay, one in engine Forza and a whole bunch of indies. Everwild was the only thing that looked fairly good and that Stalker 2 teaser was pretty intriguing. Sigh. Nothing even remotely close on the level of Horizon Forbidden West, Spiderman M, Ratchet, Demon Souls, Project Athia visually speaking.
Please tell me in a straight face XB1 isn't holding SeiresX back, again. To think I stayed up till 3am for this :cry:.

@ultragpu XB1 isn't holding Series X back. The problem is the games are like three years from release so they don't even have a tiny bit of gameplay to show.

Welp, Halo Infinite looked nice enough. Maybe not as ambitious as I thought, which could be good or bad. Looks like wide linear open world Halo. No Destiny like elements noticeable as I half expected. Wish the campaign was 30 FPS for more graphics but, it looked nice enough, and it's good to see the actual game!

Uhh, is it me or after everybody screamed gameplay, gameplay after the last disaster more gameplay must be shown. And you'd assume MS would have learned. But, there was hardly any gameplay in the show?

No Fable Gameplay, No Forza 8 gameplay. Nice to know those exist though.

CrossfireX probably looked the coolest of the rest to me TBH.

And Stalker 2. Nothing much shown like for most of these games, but the name means a lot.

I was thinking wouldn't it be crazy if they announced XSX exclusive Crysis 4 in there lol.

All Destiny +expansions coming to GP is pretty big for me. Can save me some money. Although my $1 GP already runs out in just over a year :(

No mention of XSS but a lot of mentions of XSX. If XSS exists, it's clearly REALLY far on the marketing back burner. They've been drilling for months XSX, XSX, XSX is the one to get...

I like this hour format. Doesn't drag on as badly IMO and basically they cut out the 30 minutes of indie games which is generally fine by me.

Now that it's over, we can discuss it. I agree. Some were expecting far more than anyone could ever deliver. Over the past 3 days I have watched every single Sony and Microsoft E3 and Gamescom presentation since 2013. None of them were ever great. What we have seen in 2020 from both Sony and Microsoft far exceeds any previous events. I don't know WTF people were expecting.

Seriously, everyone who was expecting more, go back and watch those Press Conferences. Only that can put these 2020 events into perspective of just how much better they are than any before them.
100 titles this holiday that are optimized or made for series x hardware.

They showed the most diverse line up of first party titles they have ever shown since perhaps the original xbox's launch.

They also have studios working on things we haven't seen yet and that htere is more to come this year.,

It seems some users are incapable of participating in topics without turning every single topic into a why Sony is so much better. There are ways of participating in discussions without taking every single discussion down that off-topic path.

It seems some users are incapable of participating in topics without turning every single topic into a why Sony is so much better. There are ways of participating in discussions without taking every single discussion down that off-topic path.

IMO, they did equally well (or equally bad, depending on what you expected) i think. They matched eachother, HZFW and Fable are about a match. GT and Forza are aswell, some of the other titles are a match aswell.
Both Sony and MS didn't show much ingame gameplay.

Someone calling Sony better or the other way around is clearly platform warring indeed.

don't know what happened to Halo, looked worse than most other titles showed.
Forza looked great, but no gameplay sadly, and 30fps trailer, guess that's what we can expect for replay mode.
Fable teaser was CGI.

Fable teaser was CGI.

It wasn't ingame, could be reprensative of final graphics (target) still. We won't know, same for what Sony has shown. In-engine doesnt say much either, like HB2's. Actual gameplay still is being left out for almost all games on both next gen machines.

Back