Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Apart for cars modelling, i don't think gran turismo is a benchmark as it was on ps1 ps2 for graphics anymore. But still for GT7 they seem to care a bit more about trackside détail than before. We'll see.

Isnt GT7 still years away from release? If so, it seems any footage shown is very early on and should not be indicative of final release. At least they should be able to fix the two major issues others have pointed out, the crawling along the track side and the tunnel lights having major popin issues.

I'm sure they will fix it before the final release. Still a few months to go.
I hope so. It won’t impact the game, honestly it’s a nothing burger. But at the same time, it’s clear they have ray tracing working in replays and out of game. I want to believe there is enough power to do 4K60 with ray traced reflections in-game as well.

Is anyone actually expecting this to release at PS5 launch?

There has been no release date announced, not even a year.

I’m not sure which titles to expect for launch period. I dont recall any promotional material Indicating which titles would definitely be released same day.

I’m not sure which titles to expect for launch period. I dont recall any promotional material Indicating which titles would definitely be released same day.
I don't think it will be a day one release but can't think it's too far off since Cerny said there was a game he saw that had raytracing. I am sure Polyphony Digital would have been one of the first titles to get the dev kit and so would Insomniac for Rachet and Clank. Also they seem to use a lot of the GT Sport car models i.e. the Mazda in the demo trailer.

12:31 of the video.
Red Mazda trunk reflections: dude, where's my car?

12:41
Driver side of DB11. Dude, where's the other car?
I'm not reflection expert but could it be due to certain lighting condition, angle or whatever that causes a direct reflection to be hard to see or non visible?
Real life reflection missing from the red car in front of you.
1djj51.jpg

Maybe that's what's happening in GT7 too?
Also what about this example here?
2uakrz.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a day one release but can't think it's too far off since Cerny said there was a game he saw that had raytracing. I am sure Polyphony Digital would have been one of the first titles to get the dev kit and so would Insomniac for Rachet and Clank. Also they seem to use a lot of the GT Sport car models i.e. the Mazda in the demo trailer.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ing-deeper-into-yesterdays-ps5-announcements/

All games seems to be considerd as lineup maybe 9 first months or 12 months of the console life.

reclections are bad in GTS, cubemaps at half the framerate, so RT reflections at what seems to be 60fps refresh is a huge increase.

Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gran Turismo creator on the future GT games.

Gran Turismo’s Future: “4K Resolution is Enough”, But 240fps is the Target

“Rather than a spatial resolution that you’re talking about, I’m more interested in the advancements we can make in terms of the time resolution. In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-future-4k-resolution-is-enough-but-240fps-is-the-target

Start with 120fps!
Indeed. But they are used to give the players several videos options, since PS3. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a 120fps 1440p mode on PS5. I think he was talking about 240fps thinking about a 120fps mode per eyes on PSVR2 (even If I wouldn't call this 240fps). But I could be wrong.

Yea options would be great. I would love to see a 1440p or 1080p 120fps mode for players that want it. Personally my TV can’t handle more than 1080p120.

So I guess it would need to support some form of downsampling to keep the edges. But you gain so much more motion clarity, not to mention that games that use temporal AA, the higher frame rate will resolve ghosting and aliasing better that it may not be too important at all

Start with 120fps!
it's a great start. I've been doing some testing in fact.

Played in Hungary with the Williams on F1 2018 (gamepass PC) about 15 laps at 60 fps. All fine and dandy, in general. I'm not that good and my best time was 1:24.050.

I didn't expect a huge change so I set the game at 165fps. First lap at 165fps after giving 15 at 60 fps, was 1:23.382.

Can you believe it? :oops: A 1st!! And I don't lie nor exaggerate. Then in the 2nd at 165fps I crashed into a wall, felt tired and gave up there.

The campaign should be good. I don’t like the direction of the main line Forza; the whole card and power up system is just strange and terrible, DLC riddled. Overall I wish I had a PLayStation wheel instead of a Xbox one. I could use it on PC and then play GT on PS5 with it.

ffffuuucckk. My investment

They wouldn't do the same mistake as last time (releasing a GT on PS3 after PS4 release). I think they intended to release GT7 on PS5 since 2017. So about 3 years ago.

But, of course you are right. Not that I would trust any official release date after those few years, almost every big Playstation games have being delayed. On the positive side, they already showed us some gameplay of GT7 which looked decent.

The campaign should be good. I don’t like the direction of the main line Forza; the whole card and power up system is just strange and terrible, DLC riddled. Overall I wish I had a PLayStation wheel instead of a Xbox one. I could use it on PC and then play GT on PS5 with it.

ffffuuucckk. My investment
well, dont ask me why 'cos I dont know the reason. But Forza games bore me to death, be it the sim or Forza Horizon games. They are super quality games, but I dont feel the love for them. Maybe it's the excessive amount of cars you get, maybe it's the simulation engine that I don't like.... Or just the lack of incentive to play -unlocking hundreds of cars never was my thing, I prefer having less but more quality-.

In F1 2018 the strategy during the race, the thrill of getting hit the AI driving well...., all those things add a lot to the game.

Anyways, Gran Turismo is the only game I'd buy a Playstation for.

from a professional racing driver. Games are certainly closer and closer to reality now -F1 games and NBA 2k20 are the best sports games I've ever played-.

Back