General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

If you have really bad hair and beard you can try to make a donkey kong record
on real note on shortages.

As I plan my 3900x/3950x build.

Of all the motherboards that are sold out. The super high end Godlike/Extreme mobos are all sold out.

What the heck gives?
Also, man, is anyone running 3900/3950x with a cheaper board? all these x570 boards all require active cooling (with some exceptions)

on real note on shortages.

As I plan my 3900x/3950x build.

Of all the motherboards that are sold out. The super high end Godlike/Extreme mobos are all sold out.

What the heck gives?
Also, man, is anyone running 3900/3950x with a cheaper board? all these x570 boards all require active cooling (with some exceptions)

The B550 do not have active cooling right? They support PCIe 4 and the new ryzen chips.

Feel like there is a game of chicken going with regards to Microsoft and Sony announcing the prices...no one wants to go first...
no one wants to be undercut, there also might be other factors to consider as well.

covid etc sort of changes the way you want to launch. So there will be logistical changes from the norm to support the launch this year, and possibly some price/supply/regional changes as a result of those launch changes.

So ps5 is zen3 style ccx?
Or just random talk?

More likely referring to the Renoir style monolithic configuration vs desktop implementations that need to do off die for comms between each CCX. So inter-CCX communication is lower latency with Renoir/PS5. However he fails to note the corresponding decrease in L3 which would increase reads to main memory which as he also states, are a bottleneck for 120fps gaming.

As a side note, do people actually care about 120fps gaming? I for one would never want to give up half of my graphical fidelity to go from 60fps to 120 fps.

More likely referring to the Renoir style monolithic configuration vs desktop implementations that need to do off die for comms between each CCX. So inter-CCX communication is lower latency with Renoir/PS5. However he fails to note the corresponding decrease in L3 which would increase reads to main memory which as he also states, are a bottleneck for 120fps gaming.

As a side note, do people actually care about 120fps gaming? I for one would never want to give up half of my graphical fidelity to go from 60fps to 120 fps.
Me!
But the penalties are large. My tv would have to drop to 1080p to support it. I’m not sure if I’d do it unless we are doing competition. Otherwise 60 is sufficient.

120fps is a requirement for VR, right? So most likely is yes, when it comes to VR and no when it comes to none VR games/mode.

Cpu frequencies are public.
Anyway the response, I must admit, is we have no idea.
Any other consideration about him is pure speculation.
But i'm talking about interconnect latencies etc.

There are things there that aren't public knowledge.

Back