Vacuum cleaning robots

Yay!

Roomba530.jpg

From the first test run it seems to do a pretty good job. My apartment is clean now. :) It really seemed to like the kitchen though, because for some reason it constantly went in there, whereas it had a much harder time finding its way into the bedroom. Not sure why, because the kitchen door is narrow and has a threshold, whereas the bedroom has no threshold and it's a matter of definition if it's a separate room or just a part of the living room.

The roomba is phenomenal on hardwood floors(much better than on carpet, in my opinion). It picks up dirt, hair, dust, etc. just fine.

you use a broom on lino or a mop

Well, you can do that too, but most people would vacuum before mopping the floor. I've always vacuumed my hard floors, as did my mom, although she also occasionally mop them too (which I hardly ever do).
Carpet floors are very rare in Sweden these days btw.

We use one on our main floor. We use a lighthouse set as virtual wall to keep it out of the bedroom. The way the carpet is , it can get under certian things and not out. However it does a great job on our tiles and hardwood floor and we simply love it.

We have a 9 week old bosten terrier and it jumps on top of the roomba and rides around with it

Heh, I wouldn't mind seeing that. In fact, a video sounds like cuteoverload material.

next time he gets on I will try and take it . Mabye this weekend. Its funny though cause he doesn't know to get out of the way of things . The roomba can go under places and he is on top and gets pushed off as the roomba slides out from under him.

got myself a xiaomi robot vacuum. Instead of using LIDAR, it use a top mounted camera (hello Chinese government!) to map the house.

Now my cats are scared of it :( i was hoping they would sleep on top of it while its cleaning, so i can make money making cute youtube videos :p

next time he gets on I will try and take it . Mabye this weekend. Its funny though cause he doesn't know to get out of the way of things . The roomba can go under places and he is on top and gets pushed off as the roomba slides out from under him.
Did you get the video? My cats refused to sit on top of my robot :(

Back