The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So for those who finished the game can we say that: TLOU1 was saved by its great story and TLOU2 was saved by its great gameplay ? :LOL:

Still haven't played the game, I am cautiously reading this thread, and immediatly stop reading when I suspect a spoiler-ish post. I think there are a few of them.

So for those who finished the game can we say that: TLOU1 was saved by its great story and TLOU2 was saved by its great gameplay ? :LOL:

I like this interpretation but it skirts around the controversial ending of the first game and whether for Joel this was an act of love, hate, selfishness or all of the above.

I certainly felt the first game had a tighter, more focused story but the gameplay could be quite clunky. The gameplay in the sequel is evolved to near-perfection. When you die, it's because you screwed up, not because the game administered a cheap death or the controls failed.

I like this interpretation but it skirts around the controversial ending of the first game and whether for Joel this was an act of love, hate, selfishness or all of the above.

I certainly felt the first game had a tighter, more focused story but the gameplay could be quite clunky. The gameplay in the sequel is evolved to near-perfection. When you die, it's because you screwed up, not because the game administered a cheap death or the controls failed.

well said.

It's pretty clear you think you can get away with using cheap methods to undermine opinions contrary to yours. That's what your last couple of posts boil down to.
Is this post supposed to be ironic?
Pretty rich coming from someone who accused the media they are only giving TLOU2 high scores for other shady reasons.

Uh just finished it, I don't understand what was the uproar about...

Huh, I need to Google around what makes people upset.

Btw the end credits is not 4K. Oh and also in the end, I have become a cold blooded killer.

Instead of sneaking, I murder everyone so I can loot in peace. Dunno the characters supposed to develop to be like that or not

Instead of sneaking, I murder everyone so I can loot in peace.
This was me most of the game. There was just a few places where I was low on health and/or resources and decided to stealth around enemies or where I was just impatient and wanted to progress the story so let a few people live as I pressed on.

What the heck I'm just chilling here while listening to end credits music and the game paused by itself. Ds4 disconnected. Blergh.

@DSoup yeah some parts have enemies feels like a drag, and I just want the story to progress

Still haven't played the game, I am cautiously reading this thread, and immediatly stop reading when I suspect a spoiler-ish post. I think there are a few of them.

Hmm the story direction between TLOU 1 and 2 are opposites. TLOU1 is a story of love. TLOU2 is a story of hate. I can't elaborate more on that, it'll spoils the story.

The story delivery does become stale after half of the story tho. ND keeps repeating the same methods from the earlier part.

And yeah the gameplay in TLOU2 is a huge step up. It's also pretty clear when an encounter is scripted or not. So you don't need to waste time / bullet.

I'm even more confused now.

Googling around, it seems the uproar was because ellie, a female, love a female.
If you can't work it out, I suggest the placard:

8b0b844a4f5d35d2519c50b5205bb12d--father-ted-charlie-hebdo.jpg

I find that works well in most mobs I attend. I also made a combined pitchfork/torch. It's a torch on the bottom so I can turn it around (I don't light it in pitchfork mode!). It's great when everyone brings torches and you're one of the few with a pitchfork, or vice versa. You get major kudos and better looking girls hang around you than if you carry the same as everyone else.

Just finished the game and it's a masterpiece if you like story driven survival horror( lite on the horror but it has its moments) game.

Played on survivor difficult which means resources was tight especially in the beginning and meant a more conservative approach was necessary in the combat and really built the tension in certain sections( some high tension sections that I really enjoyed actually reminded me of when I played Silent Hill 1 and 2 )
Graphics and the animations are fantastic.
I don't mind long games in fact I enjoy them when I know it will be another 3-5 years before I get to experience that world again ( I'm not big on replaying,rewatching or rereading any media)

I never felt this. Let alone "constantly". Returning to a point I made many days back having only just started the game, myself and my fiancé, are just not feeling the outrage of video game violence that some people are. Is the game really making people feel bad for killing digital humans? If any of the posters here feel his way, I would really appreciate knowing how the game is manifesting this? Did I blink and miss a cutscene?

I want to answer this question but don't know how to use the spoiler tags?

As in controlling her midway? I thought that was a terrible idea for the game to do. The first time she shows up I didn't know much about her to care really, I kinda knew she would kill Joel and she'd be firefly/ex-firefly.

I saw it coming a mile away, even from the teaser thing they did a few years back. I expected it, given that it is a revenge story. That said, I still didn't like the overall direction of the story, it was too obvious a thing to do.

It seemed a bit hopeless but at this point I understood why she had to do it and was on-board with getting revenge for his death.

I felt like Ellie was doing a lot of damage to herself/character, but I still wanted to get some finality to her journey, it was too late to just drop all of it in this case. By the end I didn't want her to kill Abby because of what it would do to her, I wanted her to keep some semblance of humanity after this journey and not lose absolutely everything.

Indifferent. This wasn't her game really :p

Although I liked the environments I got to explore whilst controlling Abby.

All of it felt forced to me when it comes to Abby. I liked the kids in her story arch the most, and getting to explore some nice enviroments with cool lore.

I felt it lacked focus. In the end I didn't really care about any of the new characters (except the Seraphite kids, those were cool) I only cared because Ellie cared.

Despite all this, I still enjoyed my time with the game, I think the gameplay is probably the best part, it's a shame we don't have MP to actually use all of the mechanics.

I see, so we agree on almost everything. So it's just a matter of the clumsy story not ruining it for you despute the great gameplay. I get it.
The gameplay was indeed stellar. Specially for me. ND's vision of good gameplay is right up my alley. Most of Uncharted games and last of us had this crazy amout of polish mixed up with hard to believe jank, yet I could dismiss the weak parts thanks to the good ones.
Yet, I held Part One as a great game BECAUSE of the story. When the sequel felt so inferior in that department, it kind of ruined everything else for me (in an emotional, gut reaction sort of way) even though rationally I think the gameplay was excellent.

When the sequel felt so inferior in that department

I know opinions and all that but I completely disagree with this.

You didn't like the story because you could see what was coming? Well in that case 90% of all stories are bad to me.

Most movies or books are predictable to a point it's the little things that happen along the way that matters otherwise you not really going to enjoy the majority of stories being told.

I rate the story as being one of the best in the medium of games.
Just as good as The Last of Us 1.

For me being a game though everything contributes to the whole and in my opinion that's where it shines. The game also has some of the best audio only problem being I needed to get my old Sony gold headset out to get the depth which is sad considering my much better stereo headset, thankfully on PS5 there will be 3d audio on every headset.

Anyone here play it using the Sony platinum headset with the better 3d audio?

I know opinions and all that but I completely disagree with this.

You didn't like the story because you could see what was coming? Well in that case 90% of all stories are bad to me.

Most movies or books are predictable to a point it's the little things that happen along the way that matters otherwise you not really going to enjoy the majority of stories being told.

I rate the story as being one of the best in the medium of games.
Just as good as The Last of Us 1.

For me being a game though everything contributes to the whole and in my opinion that's where it shines. The game also has some of the best audio only problem being I needed to get my old Sony gold headset out to get the depth which is sad considering my much better stereo headset, thankfully on PS5 there will be 3d audio on every headset.

To be fair, ND did do ridiculous amounts of preshadowing and obvious handholding / pointing to telegraph the story direction AND mission/gameplay objectives / routes in TLOU2.

Although, yeah, I never found able to predict the next story beat to be a bad thing. Heck, I think it's weird when I failed to see what's next and the foreshadowing means nothing.

For example, Rio animation movie from how many years ago. That thing got tons of preshadowing that turns into nothing. I was like... Eeeeeeeeeeh? Whaaa at? This is so weird.

Still liked the movie tho.

What I liked the best when I can't predict anything is specs ops the line video game. When the twist came, everything that was experienced as normal gameplay in previous levels, clicks together, making the twist easy to understand and easy to feel the impact.

I play using ancient 5.1ch surround speakers and the audio sounds good. So good, I though my dad was walking. But when I turned around noone was around me.

Back