What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing on XOS - the framerate is awful and the lag is epic. :p I like it otherwise. Probably could have used a 30fps option on console.

Yeah I played on the same as that's in my bedroom. Lately I've been playing there way more than the 1X & 4k TV in the living room. Guess I need to swap the consoles & TVs. LOL

Tommy McClain

Nice, i have this mgs2 trailer on a demo disc that came with the PS2 (european oct 2001 model). Watched it more then once backthen :p
Not sure if it's the same demo disc, but i have one with the demo 'Find my own way'. It's a PS2 tech demo where you could interact with it, pause, zoom in/out, fast forward/backwards etc. Quite impressive for the time, the particles where amazing, reminding of ZoE2's effects abit.
This was before og xbox and GC made it (to EU) so the graphics where unmatched on console at the time.

Going from PSX to PS2 was a huge jump, we don't see that anymore today.

FF XII on Switch. I started this last year, then lost interest in it. I've recently re-start over from scratch and I'm approaching the 25 hour point. I really love the Gambit system and dual-jobs system, it lets you create such perfect characters. The only thing it lacks is visual variety to your gear because there is none. Your characters have the same outfits throughout.

After a long wait, I'm about to install and play Bloodborne.

I'm not sure but it's not a standard JRPG, is it? In all these years I've tried not to read very much about it, but I think I read that it's a Demon's Souls type of game or something similar, which I don't know what it means so yes, I guess this is my first experience with this specific type of game. Yay? :unsure:

It's not a JRPG. It's a fighting game based on strategy and not button mashing (going by Demon's Souls - I've not played Bloodborne). You have to block and time your attacks effectively. Very high difficulty with punishing checkpoints (exploration to find them, when you die, you have to start again from the last checkpoint with the world reset and all the enemies back again) is part of a Demon Souls style game.

I started playing Detroit Become Human a day or two ago and wasn't sure if I liked it or not at first, but after noticing I was addicted to it yesterday I guess I like it. LOL

The gameplay is meh, but the story is fascinating me. More of a walking visual novel, but somehow fun. A much more relaxed game than I'm used to, but that ain't a bad thing. I could use more relaxing.

I skipped Chimera Squad and Gears Tactics for the moment and am playing Troubleshooters instead. A bit of a disjointed Manhwa XCOM style game. They clearly initially wanted to make some kind of cooperative online game, but along the way it morphed into a single player game with a campaign (and some grind elements).

Not finished it, but my advice after the first 20 levels is to not turn on extra XP gain option so you don't overlevel content too much and turn on challenge mode to always in options (level scaling). Except when you need to grind out some drops for a quest, then just beat up low level monsters with a high drop rate overleveled build for a bit ... it's Korean after all.

Part of the game leveling mechanics are discovery based, unknown combinations of character options will produce more powerful results ... which I don't like. I don't mind the randomness in what you get, but basically everyone who plays will just look up the combo guide. So just put that info in the game. You need to look online any way to understand what the game wants you to do, it tells you to do a lot of things which you can only do after you level more for instance. The game is a bit obtuse.

The story is more engaging than what I saw of Chimera Squad and Gears Tactics ... if you can stand the shonen tropes.

Last edited:
Hey DW, long time no see. :)
I've been around, just not as active in RPSC since the political scene is insane and computer stuff everything seems like it's delayed.

REALLY glad I got my computer up to gaming snuff before the lockdown, been catching up on a lot of games I missed. Finished Detroit last night and I wasn't satisfied with the ending so I have to play it again...

Outer Worlds. Had to cap the framerate to 60 or my 6600k would explode. Enjoying the game so far, but if feels a little flat from a story perspective.

Outer Worlds. Had to cap the framerate to 60 or my 6600k would explode. Enjoying the game so far, but if feels a little flat from a story perspective.
Fair call. I enjoyed it for a while, but it's a lot more linear than open world if you want the "good" endings.

I tried replaying it and just couldn't, wasn't fun anymore.

I finished Detroit, my son asked me if I won it and I explained I in no way felt like I "won it" but I did reach the end credits. Seems I got just about the most awful ending imaginable and my son couldn't understand how I could have possibly done that without a play through guide when I was trying to play as a pacifist.

Went back, found out where I missed something waaaay early in the story and started replaying from there. Hoping I don't end up like last time.

Everyone dead but Markus and the remains of Jericho, after I set off the dirty bomb in Detroit seeing no other option. Apparently I did a BAD thing. <sigh>

Started RDR2. The audio is crazy low, and the cinematics don't mix well with 21/9 ultrawide. But still, it's cool. Well, the game is very well documented at this point :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back