Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, bought a boat load of 4k Blu Rays since they were on sale just to ease off the wait "Soony". Those should hold me till Tlou2's release, then MS's first party show if PS5's event is yet to be re announced that is. I highly doubt they would wait that long tho.

Those should hold me till Tlou2's release, then MS's first party show if PS5's event is yet to be re announced that is. I highly doubt they would wait that long tho.
Wow, yeah TLoU2 is just two weeks away! Mentally I'd slotted it in at the end of the month but it's out on the 19th. Compared to what's going on the world, TLoU2 will probably be fairly upbeat!! :runaway:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony...note-from-the-us-playstation-website.1545090/

So gaf has figured out that the 2020 holiday release date was removed from the US website.

Could just be a mistake. Or it could be a real delay coming down the pipe. I have heard that the ps5 is very expensive mostly due to bad yields. Could be they haven't been getting enough good chips back ? Who knows but 2020 keeps on giving !

Sony's Jim Ryan: “We are going to launch PS5 this holiday and we're going to launch globally"
From May 29th.

Also:

Wow, yeah TLoU2 is just two weeks away! Mentally I'd slotted it in at the end of the month but it's out on the 19th. Compared to what's going on the world, TLoU2 will probably be fairly upbeat!! :runaway:
Hey we already heard that one. They even made ads for their PS5 events...then they postponed it.

I wouldn’t gladly be in the shoes of the developers of that game considering the global situation and the subject of the game, but at the same time it is as much a pro as a con ...

Now they did say there will be separate events in the weeks following the original PS5 event right, so what are the chances that they combine a few of those together and we get a much bigger event? Show the damn console at the very least maybe?

Now they did say there will be separate events in the weeks following the original PS5 event right, so what are the chances that they combine a few of those together and we get a much bigger event? Show the damn console at the very least maybe?
I had written that my source said some stuff from the july event is getting pulled forward since according to them the event is now planned for late june.

With the riots going into this weekend and maybe next week its looking that the end of the month is more likely

With the riots going into this weekend and maybe next week its looking that the end of the month is more likely

I think that Sony (and others who have also postponed events) will likely wait until the social situation is calmer before announcing new dates. Everybody's preference will be to wait for calm, but when you have products to sell, consoles or games, at some point you need to show them regardless.

I think that Sony (and others who have also postponed events) will likely wait until the social situation is calmer before announcing new dates. Everybody's preference will be to wait for calm, but when you have products to sell, consoles or games, at some point you need to show them regardless.
And what if the situation doesn't calm down, and only keeps escalating for months?

And what if the situation doesn't calm down, and only keeps escalating for months?

That's why I said "when you have products to sell, consoles or games, at some point you need to show them regardless". But that point isn't now - these consoles are 4-5 months away. Waiting a month until July, or even August, won't hurt.

If the social/public unrest does indeed escalate for months in certain countries, particularly vandalism and looting of stores, then a retail launch in those countries could well be postponed. I mean, what's the point of sending stock of new products to stores that are being looted?

It feels like you caught the biggest whopper but then the line broke as you're just about to scoop it into the boat. Will today be the day it resurfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back