The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's official stuff so I doubt there's much not shown before and I can confirm as I have just finished. Really getting pumped for this game. Just a mini docu to be honest.

Last edited:
There is no new footage, all was taken from previously released trailers or preview event b-roll.

I thought so.I watched both videos earlier and while I had missed the story beats video I had seen the gameplay stuff but had forgotten a few tidbits. Less than a month away. :runaway:

A whole week? It feels like reviews coming out a week before release for AAA games is a rarity.

A whole week? It feels like reviews coming out a week before release for AAA games is a rarity.
yes, unless its only this guys review.
If all reviews will be out a week before, means sony are very confident that it will review well.
I dont think it will the issues over the last couple of months would deduct a few points I think, things dont happen in a vacuum

Just release the dang thing already. Maybe make it like EA Access (or whatever it was called) so for ps plus subscribers, it releases NOW.

The only thing I'm worried about is the peasant like streaming quality for their SoP, not only does it ruin everything the artists created, it's pretty much a gold mine for haters to spew downgrade because the Youtube pixelation automatically means low res textures to them. I hope Sony provide 4k HQ download as soon as stream finishes.
Other than that, can't wait to see those sweet visuals and hair raising acting.

Huh? Review outlets almost always get advance press copies of games so that reviews are ready in time for release. :???:
Yeah, and then there's issue with reviewer scared to give bad score because ethey want to keep a good relationship with publishers. IIRC there was a bit of uproar years ago with Bethesda or Rockstar

The only thing I'm worried about is the peasant like streaming quality for their SoP, not only does it ruin everything the artists created, it's pretty much a gold mine for haters to spew downgrade because the Youtube pixelation automatically means low res textures to them. I hope Sony provide 4k HQ download as soon as stream finishes.
Other than that, can't wait to see those sweet visuals and hair raising acting.

I honestly can't understand why the games industry hasn't done something to try to deal with how shitty youtube is. Between Sony and Microsoft, you'd think even as a partnership they might be able to find a way to host their trailers, gameplay vids with better quality.

I honestly can't understand why the games industry hasn't done something to try to deal with how shitty youtube is. Between Sony and Microsoft, you'd think even as a partnership they might be able to find a way to host their trailers, gameplay vids with better quality.
YouTube supports 8K60 at high bitrates but almost nobody uploads videos above 1080p because it takes YouTube so long to convert them to other resolutions and formats. Based on what a few YouTubes have commented on, getting the optimum encode setting for your video before uploading to YouTube is a bit of an art form, if you get it wrong then YouTube will take ages to convert your video to other resolutions and often won't publish your video until all of the resolutions are ready - it sounds a bit hit and miss. I gather it's not worth the effort to upload crazy high settings as these videos ends up on the back of the queue for conversion.

If you want to see what YouTube can do, take a gander at this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back